Sylveon

Sylveon

...Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Couldn't think of a better title. Apologies.

I don't know where I begin this, but often times when I have a breakdown or I get triggered by... something (IDRK myself), I find myself saying the phrase "I wanna go home" (literally) even though I'm already at home! And the thing is that I've never lived away from home either (nor do I have an abusive family or anything like that) :/, so I really don't know where this phrase came from and what or where this "home" I keep thinking about even is. Sometimes, it even feels like longing for the afterlife (not exactly the afterlife but something... greater? IDK how I explain this), while other times it feels like wanting to meet someone (or something?) I never even knew, it's just... weird, to say the least.

Did/Do y'all have any similar experiences or some similar stories?

• Hugs
Reactions: EternalšŸŒˆRainbow
Pluto

Pluto

Meowing to go out
Dec 27, 2020
I can recommend looking into NDE studies. There are top quality YouTube resources nowadays.

Also the work of Kevin Williams for summaries of research conclusions. Just don't expect to be able to discuss this openly here as most people are triggered by it.

Reactions: Sylveon
movinout17

movinout17

Student
Feb 2, 2023
I have experienced that before, not so much looking for the afterlife, but yeah I felt like home was some other place or idea, even though I was literally at home.

Yes, it happened when I was in distress/breakdown

Dolphin55

Dolphin55

Jan 7, 2023
Funny yes, I have this exact thought often. I guess we are longing for the idea of 'home' - safety, security, familiarity - since it no longer exists in our lives.

• Love
Reactions: nux_walpurgis, Sylveon, movinout17 and 1 other person
gardenfairy

gardenfairy

ź’°į¢. .į¢ź’±ā‚ŠĖšāŠ¹
Oct 7, 2023
it's funny because i was doing the exact same thing yesterday. sitting in my childhood home just wailing over and over that i wanted to go home. if there's any place that could be considered home for me - i was in it. yet i couldn't stop yearning for a home.

i think it's a safety thing a lot of the time. home is safe and comforting, it's not always a place but largely a feeling and the connotations that the word 'home' comes with. i guess when you feel scared and unsafe you ache to feel safe and secure, and that's what home is.