• If you haven't yet, we highly encourage you to check out our Recovery Resources thread!
  • Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

burner4242

burner4242

May 5, 2024
Does cutting occasionally really defeat the purpose of "recovery" from cutting everyday? I want to eventually never cut again but sometimes I feel the need to and since I've been trying it's been less often. Just don't know if it defeats the point.

Reactions: eatantz
N

nyul

Jun 5, 2024
If I'm understanding correctly, you're asking if cutting occasionally means that you're recovery from cutting is all messed up/ruined? If that's what you mean, then I'll say I don't think so at all! I started cutting when I was a kid and worked really hard at getting clean. Even so, throughout my adult life I haven't managed more than a year without cutting. I still consider myself recovered and I'm pretty happy with it. It's an unfortunate coping mechanism but it's a coping mechanism nonetheless. Since I started so young, it's just very engrained in my brain. I've learned (and am still learning) to forgive myself for it. It's my go-to when things get really bad but at least these days really bad isn't usually where I'm at.

• Love
Reactions: space-jester and burner4242
Trismegistus_13

Trismegistus_13

Jun 17, 2024
I would say it counts as being in the process of recovery since you plan on eventually stopping. Think of it this way: if someone breaks their arm and four weeks later, the bone has partially healed, would you say that the bone is recovering? I would. Recovery from almost any illness, disease, bad habit or injury isn't a yes or no state but a process. I wish you the best of luck in reducing your self harm!

• Love
Reactions: burner4242
eatantz

eatantz

I luv dolls
Nov 4, 2023
Even if my depression went away i will always cut, its therapeutic to me. I think you can recover from different things at different times...