T

theloneliestbitch

Sep 18, 2019
is cutting your neck an effective way to go? if so how do i do it? is a cutter enough?

• Hugs
Reactions: shelbywelby02
Rustysoupcan

Rustysoupcan

I'm sensitive
May 2, 2020
is cutting your neck an effective way to go? if so how do i do it? is a cutter enough?
Though its possible, I think it would be very hard. Hard to overcome your SI and be able to make multiple cuts that are deep enough.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
Not a recommended way of leaving this world at all.
I highly suggest you look for another method.

GrumpyFrog

GrumpyFrog

Exhausted
Aug 23, 2020
is a cutter enough?
I'm not sure what your cutter is like, but I imagine that if you are able to overcome the pain (which is not going to be easy) you are really risking to end up with one of those break-off blades breaking off and possibly getting stuck in your neck, because your neck is made out of tough stuff. I'd really suggest to reconsider the method.

Reactions: SadHoe
J

JustLosingMyself

Mage
Sep 4, 2018
If you can stab the jugular or the carotid and sever either you'll die of blood loss within 3 minutes.
It'll be quite painful though as both are well protected by muscle and relatively deep in.

Reactions: Skathon
JustAMatterOfTime

JustAMatterOfTime

Fragile
Mar 21, 2021
I think you would have to be extremely committed to manage to kill yourself by cutting your neck, easier to just stab I'd think.

saltshaker

saltshaker

salt shaker, rule breaker
Jan 29, 2021
make an old timey french head chopper yo

Last edited:
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
It's not like the movies where they just cut the front of their throat and then die quickly. Fuck all would happen if you did that, apart from a sore throat. Those veins are pretty deep.

• Love
Reactions: Skathon, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and Umbreon
Odwin

Odwin

Bucket of Chicken
Mar 31, 2021
Well, you leave an impression if you want go that route and a bloody mess.

Reactions: Mentalmick
Defenestration

Defenestration

I want to have the courage to defenestrate myself
Oct 25, 2020
Horror method...don't do this please

Sensei

Sensei

剣道家
Nov 4, 2019
If you can stab the jugular or the carotid and sever either you'll die of blood loss within 3 minutes.
It'll be quite painful though as both are well protected by muscle and relatively deep in.

What about the femoral artery? It's closer to the surface.

Umbreon

Umbreon

Weed Addict
Aug 20, 2020
Yyyyyyyeaaaahhhhhh don't do this you're going to be in too much pain and if you fail you have a fully visible neck scar for the rest of your life

Reactions: Mentalmick
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
A med student that hanged herself mentioned this as her backup. She said that cutting one carotid "diagonally" would be lethal, and was mentioning using a scalpel. I think she said loss of consciousness would be quick, around 30 sec due to the pressure in the carotids. She also mentioned how blood vessels have a tendency to close up if not cut properly, especially ones with less pressure than the carotid like the femoral. I probably got some stuff wrong tho, haha. She ended up going for partial and I assume she succeeded.

Last edited:
Reactions: Octavina
Mentalmick

Mentalmick

IMHOTEP!!!
Nov 30, 2020
A med student that hanged herself mentioned this as her backup. She said that cutting one carotid "diagonally" would be lethal, and was mentioning using a scalpel. I think she said loss of consciousness would be quick, around 30 sec due to the pressure in the carotids. She also mentioned how blood vessels have a tendency to close up if not cut properly, especially ones with less pressure than the carotid like the femoral. I probably got some stuff wrong tho, haha. She ended up going for partial and I assume she succeeded.
My last resort method uses this knife:
The idea being using the curve of the blade to get behind the artery and then pull forward. It will no doubt go horribly wrong.

• Love
Reactions: Octavina and GenesAndEnvironment
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
My last resort method uses this knife:
The idea being using the curve of the blade to get behind the artery and then pull forward. It will no doubt go horribly wrong.
If there is one person on this forum that could pull off carotid slashing I think it would be you, now that the medic is dead.

Reactions: Mentalmick, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and orlandom
S

Some1's_Wasted_Fetus

Student
Mar 20, 2021
It is possible mainly through accidents or if someone else did it and knew exactly where to aim and how deep. I saw someone post a link to a live-leak of a man doing handy work who died that way accidentally. He was handling a large panel of glass that I assume was going to be installed as a door. He lost his balance and dropped the panel forward hitting one of the corners against the ground. This caused the whole thing to shatter into a bunch of shards and because a part of the panel was pressed against his neck, a large shard actually sliced through his jugular vein. The camera quality was bad because it's cctv footage but he was unconscious within 10 seconds. It looked excruciatingly painful but nonetheless still possible. And he dropped to the ground very quickly because of the massive blood loss. If you can make the ctb'ing quick then I guess the pain would be worth it

Last edited:
  • Aww..
E

Eadamk

Apr 7, 2021
You have to be really sure of your anatomy. A lot of doctors wil sever their carotid or femoral artery; because you bleed out so fast. If you miss, you are in for a world of hurt

Reactions: Skathon, Some1's_Wasted_Fetus and Mentalmick
Octavina

Octavina

Paint the black hole blacker
Jan 9, 2021
Who's this person if you don't mind sharing? We're they on this site, or did you know them etc?

GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
Who's this person if you don't mind sharing? We're they on this site, or did you know them etc?
She was on the site for a short while, ValarMorghulis.