ATort

ATort

Jan 27, 2024
From a lot of people I'm around, especially people I grew up knowing have 95% would say that cutting is immature, or like a middle to high-school edgelord thing. Or that it's ONLY for attention and not helpful even when it provides relief to me personally, I'm in my mid 20s and I can't seem to stop myself from feeling like I'm being a child. I can't tell if I'm just having an internal fight to stop myself, or just plain old guilt that has been learned. Sorry if this doesn't make sense as I'm on a new trial medication not on the market yet and drinking heavily (was really hope mixing with other stuff might do something) but here I am.

• Love
Reactions: Nyxð“‚€ and MiMif
MiMif

MiMif

I do not live for others to understand me...
Sep 13, 2023
I also cut and for me its to prove to myself that what I'm experiencing isn't fake. That and I like how pretty the cuts look after...like I can't explain it but for the first few days they're really pretty and like a pinkish red. It's pretty.

Maybe it is a low-key edgelord thing for me too though cause I also like looking at my cuts and smiling to myself knowing I did that. It's hard for me to cut as I cringe and it's hard for any human to purposely hurt themselves. So know I overcame that mental barrier makes me happy.

Also who gives a damn what others say it's up to you

turbomightbegone

turbomightbegone

🎣
Nov 13, 2023
I cut for relief and comfort,,, it does help a lot although it scars horribly!!!!!!!!!!!

fuck the people who say it's immature or for attention purposes!!! they have no idea how ur feeling OR ur reason for cutting!!! they have no say if they haven't went through such a stage in their indifferent lives!!!!!!!! just because teenagers normalised SH doesn't mean that it's a kiddish thing to do!!!!!

whatever ur reason is for cutting urself is normally valid!!!! it helps you get ur feelings out somehow!!! and if u feel relief from it thats a bonus!!!!!!!! don't listen to people who put you down because of something they haven't experienced!!!!!!!!!

J

Juli

Jan 27, 2024
I don't think wanting relief is immature.

• Love
Reactions: Nyxð“‚€