luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
how many of you cut as a coping mechanism? ive been doing it since i was like 11 or so. 24 now and ive been relapsing lately.

finally cut through skin which is something i havent done in few years. at one point in my life i was cutting up my leg really badly. i actually cut so deep i could see through to the bone. this was like little below the knee where theres not much skin to get through. somehow ive never been to hospital or gotten them infected.

something about the pain is so infectious. the adrenaline rush and dopamine hit feels so damn good. not to mention the pain. sometimes i do it for sleep just to shut my brain up.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Nirami and AntHills
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
I've seen similar posts from people that say cutting is a good coping mechanism, and that it makes them just lethargic enough to fall asleep, but I'm a queasy little weakling when it comes to blood. I still want to try it before I CTB just to know what it feels like, but I'd probably just get nauseous and anxious.

luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
I've seen similar posts from people that say cutting is a good coping mechanism, and that it makes them just lethargic enough to fall asleep, but I'm a queasy little weakling when it comes to blood. I still want to try it before I CTB just to know what it feels like, but I'd probably just get nauseous and anxious.
wouldnt want to entice you to do anything. the aftercare is also important and somewhat, healing? in a way? youd never want to need to see a doctor for an infected cut only to be sent to the psych ward lol

• Love
Reactions: Nirami and AntHills
Nirami

Nirami

Sadness is rebellion
Aug 23, 2023
I used to sh to cope when I was at my lowest point in life. It is addicting indeed. I stopped doing it for my significant other. I still have a big urge to do so when I'm struggling, but I try to replace it to not harm myself in visible way. The biggest flaw of it in my opinion, are the scars that are left afterwards. My parents are still not used to the sight of my arms or legs, not to mention random NPCs hat love to stare at me when my limbs are exposed. But yeah, it is a way to cope, although it brings many uncomfortable situations when people find out.
Shockingly it does help a lot when someone is struggling with sleep. The stinging feeling after bringed some sort of comfort for me which allowed me to focus on it as I was feeling asleep. Although, I do not reccomend it since as previously said it is really addicitve. Some could not be able to sleep without doing it before going to bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: luks
AntHills

AntHills

Degenerate
Aug 31, 2022
wouldnt want to entice you to do anything. the aftercare is also important and somewhat, healing? in a way? youd never want to need to see a doctor for an infected cut only to be sent to the psych ward lol
I don't go to hospitals at all, mostly because of fear and trauma, so no worries in that department. I just want to get as much out of life as I can before I resign and retire. Thank you for your honesty and concern though.

mold

mold

local fungi
Jun 25, 2019
i used to cut a while back and was clean for 2+ years or so until i recently relapsed. it's definitely addicting, and i hate that it's a coping mechanism for me because i hate scars on my body and scarring 😞

Reactions: luks
luks

luks

Jul 25, 2023
i used to cut a while back and was clean for 2+ years or so until i recently relapsed. it's definitely addicting, and i hate that it's a coping mechanism for me because i hate scars on my body and scarring 😞
i can understand that. havent worn shorts in a long time because of how bad my leg looks

A

Already Gone now

Oct 15, 2022
I've been withholding as much as I can to not do it, I've relapsed in this area a month or two ago and I really don't want to get infection and then mentally and physically restricted into a hospital. But I'm having rough time with the ideations that I'm all over the place with. I'm tired of living like this.

nyapoka

nyapoka

talking to myself
Aug 16, 2023
me too, i love cutting idk why. i feel "proud" of myself when i cut deep idk.
me too): the scars and people mentioning it. but it just feels so good

S

Scribbilamarks

"Life is a gift" Well can I return it?
Sep 12, 2023
Ive been using cutting on and off for about 5 or 6 years now (so basically since everything in my life went to hell) and unlike most people on this thread, i love the scars. Theyre a constant reminder that the pain i felt at the time was real, and theyre almost like a badge, not for other people to see, but to help remind me there is a way out. Every time i cant cut (like i dont have a knife on me or sm) looking at the scars is a decent enough way to get me through until i can. Im not really worried about anyone seeing them, its not like anyone gives enough of a fuck about me anyway

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

xxpinkmoonglitterxx

My Tears Ricochet
Mar 24, 2023
I hate the scars too. I hate it because I need to and want to cut myself, but then feel so extra ugly when I see the mark left behind.