V

vssz

Jun 1, 2023
How do I deal with the pain when cutting myself

Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
Why do you want to cut yourself? To end things, as a distraction, or just to leave marks?

V

vssz

Jun 1, 2023
Why do you want to cut yourself? To end things, as a distraction, or just to leave marks?
It's just self harm
Forget it. Cutting is one of the most unreliable methods. And if you fail, everyone will see your scars and know what you did.

You may be interested in this thread:

It's just self harm not suicide

Fktw0rld

Fktw0rld

An end with suffering > Suffering without an end
Aug 29, 2022
It's just self harm
In that case it really just boils down to mindset. Assuming you're referring to wrists, I've never actually done that. But I do slam my forehead on wall corners until I'm bleeding badly when I need to settle my demons.

When they're not that bad I may do some light taps until I feel pain. Once I notice the pain, I stop. Some days are worse and they're overpowering so I need more pain to silence them.

I'm never actually "dealing" with the pain because I'm seeking it. When I find it I embrace it. When it's over I have to cater to my injuries and cleaning my blood off of everything, in turn, my demons go silent.

Sometimes I will put a knife to the side of my neck and push slowly, never actually slicing, but just pushing to see how far it will sink until I need to stop. I'll focus on the pressure of the knife, not really knowing if it's broken skin yet or not. Same rules apply to me slamming my head.

I'd say if you're merely "dealing" with the pain then you may not want to actually do it. If you're searching for the pain as an escape, then you won't have to deal with it. You'll want it.

All comes down to mindset

Love and respectšŸ™

Reactions: mouseteacup
hells "angel"

hells "angel"

Is there an end? Does this Stop?
Jun 28, 2023
When youre in mental pain, the physical pain seems like nothing. have you just started cutting? When I was cutting, for me, the pain was part of it. That and the blood, scars, distraction, rush. Maybe cutting just isn't your thing. There's burning. I still do that. Honestly cutting (with a sharp blade) hurts less though, as burning leaves stinging/can cause blisters which for me are worse than cuts. Banging your head on things, (hit your head more at the top, so you don't get much noticeable bruising on your face. If you get bruising, just say you fell/was drunk. Hitting yourself/punching. I find punching my forearm/thigh/upper thigh real hard does it for me. Pinching, scratching. Dragging anything sharp/pointy harshly across your skin. What does the act of self harm accomplish for you? (Meaning is it to feel the pain, see the blood, have control, a distraction, to numb things, as punishment, etc).

Also, just to be clear, we're talking physical pain?

Reactions: mouseteacup
k.loves.octo

k.loves.octo

hiiii hi hi AHAHEHEHAHA
Jul 5, 2023
Sorry for the late reply but this is from a fellow self harmer! When I was younger and more hesitant with the pain, I would put numbing or cooling creme on my arm before cutting, sometimes after, it doesn't really matter which. Vaseline is nice too. by the way this is for like cat scratches/a tiny bit of styro. If you need any other info on an stuff feel free too message if you're comfortable!

Reactions: Red Desert
drearybreadd

drearybreadd

nomnomnomnom
Jul 16, 2023
You shouldn't have to deal with the pain. If you aren't doing it for the pain then why do it? If you want the marks you can use a marker or an ice cube instead, if you want attention you can call a hotline, if you want scars then just ice until it's numb before you cut. not enough info