had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
  • Hugs
Reactions: demuic, Stick and L I F E T O L O S E
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
A lot of people say it does make them feel better.

I don't self harm like that, so I'm not sure how it helps personally. I've met a lot of people who do though. I would try and spend time with them to let them talk about it if they wanted.

There was a theme I noticed.

Many people said it helped to make them feel alive, and the physical pain would help to take away emotional pain. A lot of people described it as similar to having an addiction, and became reliant on it without meaning to.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Stick and L I F E T O L O S E
E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
That may be. I guess it depends on how severe you cut. need stitches? visible? other people notice?
I wouldn't recommend it unless it's hidden and not deep. Then it's just a stimulation, like weed or booze or sex, or all three at once!
There are other ways to hurt yourself. Car accident, fall down stairs, go skiing and wipe out.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34, Stick and L I F E T O L O S E
Caspers

Caspers

Lost
Jun 23, 2020
You cut and boy, the adrenaline is nice. You feel calm, peaceful, maybe euphoric. 5 minutes later you have to clean up. 10 minutes later you are feeling guilty and wonder how you can cover it up/whether you will get caught. This feeling lasts for days.

In my experience, it makes you feel better in the short run, but worse in the long run. Make sure you don't cut where someone will see them unless you're doing it for attention (which can lead to lots of bad things).

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Un-, sourpink, Huntfish34 and 3 others
MrBlue

MrBlue

Arcanist
Jul 1, 2020
When I used to cut, I think it helped me while I was doing it as it felt like proper punishment for my faults, but afterwards I was even more ashamed and guilty of how pathetic I am, and it's a permanent reminder of that. It looks like I have a pink spade carved into my forearm. :ahhha:

• Hugs
Reactions: VIBRITANNIA, L I F E T O L O S E and enuff
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I cut, never deeply, don't have a sharp enough blade, its such a relief, no guilt after, my arms are covered, I have no shame, its part of my journey in this god forsaken world, each scar, each mark just another day I am still stuck here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Un-, WaitForSleep, funaunt and 6 others
Futile

Futile

Tired of being lonely
Sep 3, 2020
I never understood cutting tbh

Reactions: Huntfish34
VIBRITANNIA

VIBRITANNIA

lelouch. any pronouns. pfp is by pixiv id 3217872.
Aug 10, 2020
iirc, the reason you get 'high' is because your body releases chemicals that act as natural painkillers. (please correct me if i'm wrong).

science aside, it feels pretty good to take all your anger/frustration/sadness out on yourself. you don't hurt others that way, i've found.

i've only ever cut and bruised myself, though, so i don't know how other methods feel. the marks/scars are always a pain in the ass to take care of and hide.

• Wow
Reactions: Huntfish34 and L I F E T O L O S E
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
I never understood cutting tbh

if you don't understand it, then you don't need it,
If you don't need it then you don't need to understand it
Simples

Reactions: funaunt and BitterlyAlive
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
It made me feel better in the moment, but afterwards I felt deep shame and regret. To this day, I still have ugly scars up my left arm as a constant reminder. It's not worth it, in my opinion

Reactions: demuic
Deleted member 17949

Deleted member 17949

Visionary
May 9, 2020
It can depending on your mood

Reactions: funaunt
Quinlor

Quinlor

The stranger
Feb 21, 2019
My dream is cut my throat but always when said that, people going nuts!

Reactions: funaunt
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
Haven't done it in a long time since my parents stop me, but it did work. I have urges to do it when I am annoyed at myself generally.
do you know if it works better than drugs?

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
It can be addicting and hard to stop once you start. The urge to do it can be strong, but the relief it brings is fleeting. Like others said the aftermath can bring stress and shame. It's not as a good or fun a solution as our brains make it out to be initially.

• Hugs
Reactions: demuic and L I F E T O L O S E
funaunt

funaunt

Oct 26, 2020
do you know if it works better than drugs?
It depends on the day for me. I just love the pain and being able to actually see the pain. Mental pain is weird because no one can see it but it hurts so much. Having a visual makes me feel better and I really just hate myself. But the relief is temporary and I always just want to do it again constantly.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Un-, L I F E T O L O S E, Huntfish34 and 1 other person
L I F E T O L O S E

L I F E T O L O S E

only you can stop the evil
Sep 18, 2020
thx for answered my question of 2 months ago :shy:

• Hugs
Reactions: Quinlor and Ghost2211