andro_nimo

andro_nimo

May 28, 2022
I remember never believing the phrase 'life is short', even from the early age of five. I'm 20 now and it still feels impossible to stay in this world for another 50-60 years.

• Love
Reactions: Source Energy, Seeking_Peace, apple2myeye! and 8 others
C

ConstantPain

Sorry but cats are so much better than people
Jun 9, 2022
I definitely felt that way at your age too. I'm now in my forties and time does seem to go by faster the older we get. It does seem like depression drags out time though and makes life feel unbearably long.
I've wanted to die for as long as I can remember but I guess I'm glad I got to do some traveling and see nieces and nephews grow up.

Lost in a Dream

Lost in a Dream

He/him - Metal head
Feb 22, 2020
I think the phrase is only true for people who love being alive and want to continue being that way. It's long for people who want out, but feel stuck, so maybe it's just a matter of perspective, kind of like "glass half full" and "glass half empty".

Reactions: Source Energy, Alex6216, SantaTeresa and 1 other person
SantaTeresa

SantaTeresa

May 10, 2022
Situations determine the perception of time, the best part of lifetime also ends before you can tell if it started, and usually goes unexploited; the rest is damage control or daydreaming.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Life really is so long and to me it is horrifying the thought of having to suffer until old age. Time passes very slowly for me as well. Existing really is so pointless, and I do not want anymore years of this. To me it is terrible how life is even a thing in the first place. I do not understand how anyone can think that life is short. It really isn't.

Reactions: Source Energy and andro_nimo
S

Seeking_Peace

Arcanist
May 18, 2022
I'd take a solid 50 years over anything more. Even as a youth, I never saw the beauty/interest in going past 50. Start out as a baby then turn back into a baby, no thanks.