• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

catotoctb

catotoctb

I hope find happiness someday.
Aug 27, 2023
Someone told me that if i continue self harming i might cut a nerve. I don't think i cut myself too deep so is it possible? I didn't harm myself a lot of times so i really don't know.

Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
It really depends on what part of the body you're cutting and how deep the cut is

Reactions: catotoctb
JordanF

JordanF

Sep 21, 2023
Yes, you can. That's one of the reasons why it's risky to cut deep.

Ashe

Ashe

Born to suffer for others
Sep 20, 2023
It's not uncommon to cut a nerve or two if you cut yourself, it isn't the end of the world but keep in mind that damaging any nerves in such a way just kills them out right making it so you don't feel from said nerves. In some cases it just makes it easier for us to cut but its something to keep in mind so you don't cut too deep without severing any veins.

Sagew0789

Sagew0789

Almost there
Jul 10, 2023
I didn't harm myself a lot of times so i really don't know.
wdym by you didn't harm yourself a lot of the time
Yes, you can. That's one of the reasons why it's risky to cut deep.
From experience I'm not using sh to ctb so I'm not really trying to cut nerves, but I have multiple deep cuts on different areas of my body and gotten at least 15 stitches I've never cut or damaged a nerve

Last edited:
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
it's easy to damage nerves if you skinny. especially around the wrist/hand/arm where they can be located at 1cm< deep. cutting stomach or thighs is relatively safe because of fat depositions. also damaging tendons can be as much detrimental as damaging nerves they tend to recover badly in case of inappropriate wound care and the tendon damage limits the function of a limb.
it's easier to hurt them because they occupy a much larger surface area than the nerves as well.

Reactions: JordanF and catotoctb
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
It really depends on what part of the body you're cutting and how deep the

wdym by you didn't harm yourself a lot of the time

From experience I'm not using sh to ctb so I'm not really trying to cut nerves, but I have multiple deep cuts on different areas of my body and gotten at least 15 stitches I've never cut or damaged a nerve
I'm sorry if that sentence of mine was missunderstood. My first language is not english. I tried to say that i don't usually cuts myself and when i do, i don't cut too deep so i really don't know if it's possible to cut a nerve.
Thank you for your reply.
it's easy to damage nerves if you skinny. especially around the wrist/hand/arm where they can be located at 1cm< deep. cutting stomach or thighs is relatively safe because of fat depositions. also damaging tendons can be as much detrimental as damaging nerves they tend to recover badly in case of inappropriate wound care and the tendon damage limits the function of a limb.
it's easier to hurt them because they occupy a much larger surface area than the nerves as well.
Thank you so much for explain all this. You said that stomach or thighs is relatively safe but what about the chest and shoulders? Or near the throat? Not the throat itself but places near.

Last edited:
rosa.rosa

rosa.rosa

Sep 10, 2023
It is possible to cut a nerve from self-harming; however, it depends on the depth of the wound.

I've cut that deep, mainly on my arms and thighs. The first time I cut that deep was completely accidental. There was an instant stabbing pain when I did, not terrible pain but pain. I didn't tell anyone, just did my best to cover the wound using worn shirts and tank tops.

To cut a nerve, you would need to cut the hypodermis, which mainly consists of fat. You can tell you've cut that deep when the wound gapes opens and you see yellow. They also usually bleed more and for longer.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: Temporal_Anchorite, woz, Sagew0789 and 1 other person
catotoctb

catotoctb

Aug 27, 2023
It is possible to cut a nerve from self-harming; however, it depends on the depth of the wound.

I've cut that deep, mainly on my arms and thighs. The first time I cut that deep was completely accidental. There was an instant stabbing pain when I did, not terrible pain but pain. I didn't tell anyone, just did my best to cover the wound using worn shirts and tank tops.

View attachment 120396

To cut a nerve, you would need to cut the hypodermis, which mainly consists of fat. You can tell you've cut that deep when the wound gapes opens and you see yellow. They also usually bleed more and for longer.
Thank you a lot for you reply and the informative picture. I still can't fully understand biologically by seeing the picture but it gave me an idea. I'm thin so i'm afraid to cut a nerve by cutting too deept. Again, thank you.

• Love
Reactions: rosa.rosa
anaerobic_bacterium

anaerobic_bacterium

Jul 29, 2023
Thank you so much for explain all this. You said that stomach or thighs is relatively safe but what about the chest and shoulders? Or near the throat? Not the throat itself but places near.
the chest composition varies greatly and depends on gender and weight so i can't tell much about that. the rule of thumb is if the location assigned for self-harm has more fat tissues in it then it's 'safer' to damage it because fat tissue acts as a 'buffer' before more important and functional tissues like tendons. muscles, nerves etc. as for the neck it mainly consists of muscles and lined with major blood vessels among them are the critical ones like carotid artery, jugular vein and the like you can easily bleed to death if rupture them with a sharp object but it's hard to do so because they're protected by a number of layers of connective and muscular tissues this requires 'dedicated cutting' though it can be accomplished otherwise rather easily by the piercing type of damage. in terms of 'sh safety' shoulders are somewhat safer to hurt than wrists simply they can have more 'buffering' tissues in them but the blood circulation is more prominent (a higher chance to be hospitalized due to bleeding) and the shoulder nerves are more critical, in case you damage them the limb in question can be permanently paralyzed.

rosa.rosa

rosa.rosa

Sep 10, 2023
Thank you a lot for you reply and the informative picture. I still can't fully understand biologically by seeing the picture but it gave me an idea. I'm thin so i'm afraid to cut a nerve by cutting too deept. Again, thank you.

I just took an image from a quick google search. Basically, if you see yellow in the wound, or feel a stabbing sensation, then you might have cut a nerve.