prototypian

prototypian

May 6, 2024
I've watched this short so many times. It explains the connection between life and depression.

It's called the curve. It is about 10 min long. We are introduced to a woman stuck on a curved surface. She is simply there. She can stay there or fall. We aren't explained why she is there. She doesn't interact with anyone. She remains held there by friction. Beneath the curved surface is a long fall but there isn't an explanation of the bottom. You just assume it's deep and she doesn't want to fall.

It's such a curve that there is no way to relax. If she lets tension release then there won't be enough friction and she will fall. That's it.

The fall would provide relief and the holding on prolongs life and stress and strain.

This is how i see life as a total view and the way that we must live.

• Love
  • Informative
Reactions: anxiousalpaca, not-2-b-the-answer, fleetingnight and 3 others
AbsentMindedHuman

AbsentMindedHuman

One day, ill be free
Apr 25, 2024
This short film does an incredible job of creating a visual for those who don't understand what its like. Thanks for sharing this.

• Love
Reactions: not-2-b-the-answer
Metalhead

Metalhead

Born slippy
Sep 21, 2020
It's an excellent clip

• Love
k.loves.octo

k.loves.octo

hiiii hi hi AHAHEHEHAHA
Jul 5, 2023
I've watched this short so many times. It explains the connection between life and depression.

It's called the curve. It is about 10 min long. We are introduced to a woman stuck on a curved surface. She is simply there. She can stay there or fall. We aren't explained why she is there. She doesn't interact with anyone. She remains held there by friction. Beneath the curved surface is a long fall but there isn't an explanation of the bottom. You just assume it's deep and she doesn't want to fall.

It's such a curve that there is no way to relax. If she lets tension release then there won't be enough friction and she will fall. That's it.

The fall would provide relief and the holding on prolongs life and stress and strain.

This is how i see life as a total view and the way that we must live.

OMG WOAH I TOO HAVE WATCHED THIS MANY TIMES. its an amazing masterpiece wow I just didn't expect anyone else here to have watched anything I have ahahaha

falling_snow

falling_snow

Arcanist
Aug 9, 2023
love this type of horror. i was so tense watching this.

fleetingnight

fleetingnight

incapable of shutting up
May 2, 2024
The detail that she has to constantly strain herself to stay up instead of laying down fully really hits the nail on the head

• Love
LonelyStarrySky

LonelyStarrySky

they/them, menhera
Oct 27, 2023
This really reminded me of the Sisyphus metaphor that echoes inside of this short movie. It shows the absurd nature of life, on this slope that is tugging you constantly into this abyss as this woman constantly struggles to pull away but the gravity of the abyss is pulling her closer no matter how much she resists the sweet release of death.

"If you stare long enough into an abyss the abyss stares back at you"

This movie was quite tense and disturbing watch as it shows us the pure instincts for survival in a situation we face where death is certain. At many points in the video I have considered on how resisting is pointless and if I would just give up, certainly after some point it becomes more painfull to stay alive and fight for your life than to simply give up and rest.

An interesting detail I noticed is the blood appearing on the other side of the slope and voices of people that are not visible to us an assuming thus the woman, I think this symbolises that we can never really see or feel the struggles of others in this life but can only see the blood and cries for help they leave.

• Love
Reactions: anxiousalpaca, not-2-b-the-answer and fleetingnight