Cunanan77

Cunanan77

One of life's tragedies
Aug 2, 2022
Got locked in a mental hospital for 4 days
Now currently i have no place to call home, my appartement is no longer mine.

I can't go live with my parents either due to a multitude of problems. I'm stuck now in an open mental hospital wing for psychosis.

I'm here for months high strung and wired, this isnt a place to call home. I can only post from my Phone.

These places are no fun at all. Espcially the social aspect and being around people you dont know. My anxiety is worse since i have no drugs, fuck me.

Life just doesn't give me a break. I wish i was anybody else, just some normal average dude is all i want to be.

• Hugs
  • Aww..
Reactions: y'ffre, Hollowillow, Dead Ghost and 4 others
Lawliet

Lawliet

b a n g
Sep 15, 2020

I can't go live with my parents either due to a multitude of problems. I'm stuck now in an open mental hospital wing for psychosis.

I'm here for months high strung and wired, this isnt a place to call home. I can only post from my Phone.

These places are no fun at all. Espcially the social aspect and being around people you dont know. My anxiety is worse since i have no drugs, fuck me.

Life just doesn't give me a break. I wish i was anybody else, just some normal average dude is all i want to be.
mental hospitals are the bane of my existence, i'm so sorry you're in one right now. be sure to be extra careful not to get caught posting to this site.

also, if you don't mind me asking, what country are you in? i've never been able to use my phone in one of those places.

• Hugs
Reactions: unnoticed, akana, Hollowillow and 2 others
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
mental hospitals are the bane of my existence, i'm so sorry you're in one right now. be sure to be extra careful not to get caught posting to this site.

also, if you don't mind me asking, what country are you in? i've never been able to use my phone in one of those places.
I was the only one denied a phone as punishment for calling a social worker when they said they had none. And googling the side effects of the drugs they wanted me to take. It could have made me more suicidal. I wanted them anyway then they denied them to me. I should have refused them, they would have killed me with an overdose by force? It was hell to listen to them laugh all day & night... I now am hyper antisocial & agoraphobic ..

I saw many homeless at the hospital. I hope you'll find a nice room to rent... How did you lose your home? I don't get into drugs to spent rent money on dope & end up homeless. I'd be a compulsive addict... But I wish I could get an od of fentanil...

Cunanan77

Cunanan77

One of life's tragedies
Aug 2, 2022
I was the only one denied a phone as punishment for calling a social worker when they said they had none. And googling the side effects of the drugs they wanted me to take. It could have made me more suicidal. I wanted them anyway then they denied them to me. I should have refused them, they would have killed me with an overdose by force? It was hell to listen to them laugh all day & night... I now am hyper antisocial & agoraphobic ..

I saw many homeless at the hospital. I hope you'll find a nice room to rent... How did you lose your home? I don't get into drugs to spent rent money on dope & end up homeless. I'd be a compulsive addict... But I wish I could get an od of fentanil...

A european country i even got to use my Phone when i wans't allowed outside

A european country i even got to use my Phone when i wans't allowed outside

Im not an addict or my issues aren't drug related. Im technically not homeless if i had no other choice my parents would let me in. It would just seriously suck espcially now that my sister moved in. It's part of the reason i left. All i want os to be left alone, but the world doesn't function that way.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine and Hollowillow
Cunanan77

Cunanan77

One of life's tragedies
Aug 2, 2022
Sorry you went through that..
well, it's not over i'm stuck in a mental hospital util i find a place to live. I've only been here 5 days and i'm counting every minute. I get singled out in these places.
You need social skills and such to fit into a large group of patients. It's like boarding school but worse. Honestly when i was in lock up, i was fine. It was in an actual hospital, they bring you lots of food 3 times a day and you dont have to leave your room. In an actual mental hospital, you need to integrate yourelf and follow the program. It fuckin sucks.

freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
I hear ya, I fear and loathe the ward more than anything. It's fine when I'm manic and oblivious, the problems start when I'm coming down or (sometimes) wasn't even ill to start with. Some patients are fucking scary. The people like me when I'm up then can't understand when I suddenly withdraw and they realise I'm not that person anymore. It's so awkward.

We are allowed phones and even laptops but you have to guard them with your life. Being assigned to a dorm instead of a single room was horrific. One woman complained that I snored and another kept entering my personal space, stole my clothes and took them to her room. The staff are not helpful whatsoever if someone decides to persecute you. The toilet repeatedly got blocked as one woman kept using way too much paper. We'd then have to wait days for the repair man to fix it. There is no plug for the bath. You have to use wadded up paper towels instead. Just how it's always been for 30 years.

Washing your clothes is a big performance that can easily take a whole day because there is only one machine and dryer. Sometimes you can wait weeks to see a doctor because they are sick or on leave. You're perfectly fine to leave but can't until you are seen and the time drags horribly with nothing to do. You see plenty other patients in better shape than you going through the same thing. There's a lot of bullying and mobbing of anyone who seems vulnerable, it's every bit as bad as a school playground.

The most torturous thing about it is just never knowing how long you will be detained. You are completely at their mercy and the whim of the psych who eventually sees you. You don't know what the nurses are 'observing' when they look at you. Maybe I will be detained for being a quiet anxious introvert even tho that's not why I'm there.

We'd be taken out for walks and to the shop in groups with a nurse. So demeaning. My last proper stay was in the spring of 2019 and was wholly unnecessary and an absolute nightmare. I would go to the occupational therapy department and group just to get off the ward. Both were a joke, I felt horribly depressed, socially anxious and self conscious. Being thrown together with a bunch of random strangers was pure torture at that point.

I was sectioned again for 3 days last October because of a malicious accusation by a passer by while out walking. I was released as soon as the psych saw me. That was just as random coz what if I'd had to wait weeks to see one like before? Or they decided I needed to be there, since their decisions are often arbitrary and dependent on their whim that day. None of them know you from Adam. Nothing worse than being locked up with loud extrovert crazy people all clamouring for attention when you know you're fine and just want to be left alone! Waste of everyone's time and taxpayer money. You get judged by stuff that happened in the past that is written in your notes.

I hope to never ever go back. Since becoming a virtual recluse it's easier to avoid. There's nothing therapeutic or safe about my local psych ward. I was raped and fell pregnant there many years ago. I used to legitimately put myself in dangerous situations during manic episodes when much younger but these days I just write cringeworthy nonsense on fb and Twitter that no one reads and order lavish takeaways. Hang in there OP, I hope you get out soon.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Cunanan77, chloramine and Hollowillow
y'ffre

y'ffre

My English could be bad :)
Aug 15, 2022
Mental Hospital = Prison

Reactions: chloramine, Cunanan77 and Lawliet
freedompass

freedompass

Warlock
Jan 27, 2021
Mental Hospital = Prison
Imho it's worse…I mean I guess it depends. I'm not a law breaker at all so never been but I've watched Lockup Raw on YouTube lol. I would do horrendously badly in a women's prison. Boarding school for felons. Most seem to be extroverts who like to hang out and do girl stuff, create drama or be gay for the stay. I would be singled out as the weird loner no doubt and maybe segregated for my own protection. No phones or internet allowed tho so yeah. Worse.

Reactions: Celerity and y'ffre
Hollowillow

Hollowillow

I want throat hugs & anime! Can't use chat pm me
Aug 7, 2022
I hear ya, I fear and loathe the ward more than anything. It's fine when I'm manic and oblivious, the problems start when I'm coming down or (sometimes) wasn't even ill to start with. Some patients are fucking scary. The people like me when I'm up then can't understand when I suddenly withdraw and they realise I'm not that person anymore. It's so awkward.

We are allowed phones and even laptops but you have to guard them with your life. Being assigned to a dorm instead of a single room was horrific. One woman complained that I snored and another kept entering my personal space, stole my clothes and took them to her room. The staff are not helpful whatsoever if someone decides to persecute you. The toilet repeatedly got blocked as one woman kept using way too much paper. We'd then have to wait days for the repair man to fix it. There is no plug for the bath. You have to use wadded up paper towels instead. Just how it's always been for 30 years.

Washing your clothes is a big performance that can easily take a whole day because there is only one machine and dryer. Sometimes you can wait weeks to see a doctor because they are sick or on leave. You're perfectly fine to leave but can't until you are seen and the time drags horribly with nothing to do. You see plenty other patients in better shape than you going through the same thing. There's a lot of bullying and mobbing of anyone who seems vulnerable, it's every bit as bad as a school playground.

The most torturous thing about it is just never knowing how long you will be detained. You are completely at their mercy and the whim of the psych who eventually sees you. You don't know what the nurses are 'observing' when they look at you. Maybe I will be detained for being a quiet anxious introvert even tho that's not why I'm there.

We'd be taken out for walks and to the shop in groups with a nurse. So demeaning. My last proper stay was in the spring of 2019 and was wholly unnecessary and an absolute nightmare. I would go to the occupational therapy department and group just to get off the ward. Both were a joke, I felt horribly depressed, socially anxious and self conscious. Being thrown together with a bunch of random strangers was pure torture at that point.

I was sectioned again for 3 days last October because of a malicious accusation by a passer by while out walking. I was released as soon as the psych saw me. That was just as random coz what if I'd had to wait weeks to see one like before? Or they decided I needed to be there, since their decisions are often arbitrary and dependent on their whim that day. None of them know you from Adam. Nothing worse than being locked up with loud extrovert crazy people all clamouring for attention when you know you're fine and just want to be left alone! Waste of everyone's time and taxpayer money. You get judged by stuff that happened in the past that is written in your notes.

I hope to never ever go back. Since becoming a virtual recluse it's easier to avoid. There's nothing therapeutic or safe about my local psych ward. I was raped and fell pregnant there many years ago. I used to legitimately put myself in dangerous situations during manic episodes when much younger but these days I just write cringeworthy nonsense on fb and Twitter that no one reads and order lavish takeaways. Hang in there OP, I hope you get out soon.
My sister told me a nurse raped her in a psych ward. Was denied water & a toilet, had to drink her urine. I was denied & abused less but still was.

Cunanan77

Cunanan77

One of life's tragedies
Aug 2, 2022
Update im 10 days in and its funny honestly
I never felt this suicidal outside of an

institution i cant even leave the premisses.
These places are hell. It just poisons you.

. There's a lot of bullying and mobbing of anyone who seems vulnerable, it's every bit as bad as a school. I agree 100% thats because a lot of patients who stay in hospital are malignant Cluster b.
That's the core of big institutions they rally up anyone from patients to staff.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: chloramine