W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I think I haven't seen anybody who ctb because of covid.
I've seen some people wanting to get infected and try to die by it, though.

Reactions: GoneGirl, KuriGohan&Kamehameha and Wrennie
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I think I haven't seen anybody who ctb because of covid.
I've seen some people wanting to get infected and try to die by it, though.
In a facebook group called "long haulers" most of the people that got covid months ago are still saying they experience bad neurological side affects from it even a year later, thats what scares me the most I already have cognition issues I dont need anymore inflammation in the brain.... even some people said they got psychiatric illnesses as well....back in march when i joined ss, all i wanted to do was get covid, since im from ny and that was the first city hit pretty hard with cases, but I ended not getting it I even drove to boston in may when cases were down bc that was the last state near me that still had ongoing cases, because i thought catching covid was my only chance of ctb and that covid would be over in the summer, (obviously i was wrong) i even was in a hospital and nursing home for a couple months july - october, and around the time i left, thats when cases started picking back up. Honestly i do have autoimmune disease with my thyroid & minor heart issues idk if I will ctb from it im 25 but yeah if i dont it's definitely not something i want get bc of the long term affects in the brain even after its gone....but in a way i really desperately still want to ctb...my cousin who came by my house a couple days ago just tested positve..my name should be called bad luck because my life is so ironic it doesn't even make sense....

Last edited:
KuriGohan&Kamehameha

KuriGohan&Kamehameha

想死不能 - 想活不能
Nov 23, 2020
I have not had covid (to my knowledge) but I have a similar illness to the covid long haulers, chronic fatigue syndrome. Some researchers are saying that chronic fatigue syndrome and the post-viral complications of covid could be the same illness.

I don't know what exactly brought on my cfs, there could be a hereditary/genetic component because my mother has it as well, but it seems most people end up with it after severe trauma and viruses like Epstein Barr, glandular fever, etc. I have had viral pneumonia and several other illnesses in my teenage years and childhood.

You definitely do not want to develop this disease. I've had the neurological symptoms and the malaise for around 4 years now and they haven't gone away. I've taken the most potent stimulants, loads of vitamins, high doses of antidepressants, medications for neuropathic pain, and none of it has helped.

Doctors and the medical field won't take it seriously, I couldn't even get the diagnosis on my records cause doctors in my home country think CFS is a fake illness/malingering. Hopefully with the covid long hauler research this may change, but I have my doubts.

Also, you won't die from CFS. You'll just be miserable because your body doesn't produce enough energy.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Meditation guide, Wrennie and 2 others
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I have not had covid (to my knowledge) but I have a similar illness to the covid long haulers, chronic fatigue syndrome. Some researchers are saying that chronic fatigue syndrome and the post-viral complications of covid could be the same illness.

I don't know what exactly brought on my cfs, there could be a hereditary/genetic component because my mother has it as well, but it seems most people end up with it after severe trauma and viruses like Epstein Barr, glandular fever, etc. I have had viral pneumonia and several other illnesses in my teenage years and childhood.

You definitely do not want to develop this disease. I've had the neurological symptoms and the malaise for around 4 years now and they haven't gone away. I've taken the most potent stimulants, loads of vitamins, high doses of antidepressants, medications for neuropathic pain, and none of it has helped.

Doctors and the medical field won't take it seriously, I couldn't even get the diagnosis on my records cause doctors in my home country think CFS is a fake illness/malingering. Hopefully with the covid long hauler research this may change, but I have my doubts.
I wonder most of the people who joined ss are ctb bc of covid, thats why i was asking? But yeah i already changed my method a couple months ago bc ctb from covid is not the best way. I've choice a different method anyways but yeah I just cant believe now that I dont want to get it now my cousin tested positive and i can possibly get it because i hugged them last week this is why i was saying my life is ironic

• Hugs
Reactions: KuriGohan&Kamehameha
greyhound

greyhound

Arcanist
Oct 8, 2020
I just read about this study that showed 3/4 !!! of people have long term symptoms post-covid. If this is accurate, there will be 100s of millions of people with long term chronic issues after all this is done.

As someone with Lyme and long term chronic issues due to it, I feel terrible for these people.

And I am planning to CTB due to my chronic issues, eventually they just wear you down to the point of not being able to go on.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: ihatemylife, Meditation guide, Wrennie and 3 others
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
In a facebook group called "long haulers" most of the people that got covid months ago are still saying they experience bad neurological side affects from it even a year later, thats what scares me the most I already have cognition issues I dont need anymore inflammation in the brain.... even some people said they got psychiatric illnesses as well....back in march when i joined ss, all i wanted to do was get covid, since im from ny and that was the first city hit pretty hard with cases, but I ended not getting it I even drove to boston in may when cases were down bc that was the last state near me that still had ongoing cases, because i thought catching covid was my only chance of ctb and that covid would be over in the summer, (obviously i was wrong) i even was in a hospital and nursing home for a couple months july - october, and around the time i left, thats when cases started picking back up. Honestly i do have autoimmune disease with my thyroid & minor heart issues idk if I will ctb from it im 25 but yeah if i dont it's definitely not something i want get bc of the long term affects in the brain even after its gone....but in a way i really desperately still want to ctb...my cousin who came by my house a couple days ago just tested positve..my name should be called bad luck because my life is so ironic it doesn't even make sense....
Oh poor people! I had covid last August but fortunately I'm "okay" for now. I mean, I've always been a biplolar depressed suicidal guy.

Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Wrennie and Buffy5120
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
One of the most underestimated long term issues of this condition is the loss of smell and taste, one of my relatives got it like 4 month ago and still hasn't recovered their sense of smell.

Some people never recover it, there are cases of people who got infected in march and are still unable to smell and barely have any sense of taste.

This is quite scary, because smell triggers memories and gives your brain a burst of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, I can imagine that this would lead to depression in the long run.

Reactions: Wrennie, Buffy5120, Pookie and 1 other person
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
Yes. I'm exactly that person. I got covid 10 months ago and I lost my sense of smell and tast and after 10 months I haven't normal smell and taste. I don't enjoy my foods and perfumes. This made me depressed and main reason of my ctb.
One years ago I was a happy person who enjoyed my life but now I'm super suicadal because of this shit covid
One of the most underestimated long term issues of this condition is the loss of smell and taste, one of my relatives got it like 4 month ago and still hasn't recovered their sense of smell.

Some people never recover it, there are cases of people who got infected in march and are still unable to smell and barely have any sense of taste.

This is quite scary, because smell triggers memories and gives your brain a burst of neurotransmitters like serotonin and dopamine, I can imagine that this would lead to depression in the long run.
This is my main reason of CTB. I've faced with this shit from 10 months ago. My sense of smell and tast is weak I I Want to kill myself because of this

Last edited:
  • Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Iamchickenhat, LADY007, Wrennie and 4 others
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
Yes. I'm exactly that person. I got covid 10 months ago and I lost my sense of smell and tast and after 10 months I haven't normal smell and taste. I don't enjoy my foods and perfumes. This made me depressed and main reason of my ctb.
One years ago I was a happy person who enjoyed my life but now I'm super suicadal because of this shit covid

This is my main reason of CTB. I've faced with this shit from 10 months ago. My sense of smell and tast is weak I I Want to kill myself because of this
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this, it must be really hard to lose a sense.

However, there is evidence that it slowly recovers over time, these neurons do regenerate and many people who have lost it then recover it after stimulating it with diverse smells and even weird "therapies" like using garlic or even charred orange with brown sugar. Takes time, but there are many internet testimonies, it's up to you whether you believe them or not.

Either way, I hope that you eventually recover it.

• Love
Reactions: Iamchickenhat, Pookie, aminend and 1 other person
aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
I'm so sorry that you are dealing with this, it must be really hard to lose a sense.

However, there is evidence that it slowly recovers over time, these neurons do regenerate and many people who have lost it then recover it after stimulating it with diverse smells and even weird "therapies" like using garlic or even charred orange with brown sugar. Takes time, but there are many internet testimonies, it's up to you whether you believe them or not.

Either way, I hope that you eventually recover it.
I will wait till 1 year. I'm at month 10 now. And after that I'll kill myself by SN. I cant endure this situation more

• Aww..
Reactions: Pookie
yetme

yetme

Arcanist
Oct 20, 2019
I just read about this study that showed 3/4 !!! of people have long term symptoms post-covid. If this is accurate, there will be 100s of millions of people with long term chronic issues after all this is done.

As someone with Lyme and long term chronic issues due to it, I feel terrible for these people.

And I am planning to CTB due to my chronic issues, eventually they just wear you down to the point of not being able to go on.

Same here(( hang in there brother

Reactions: greyhound
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I will wait till 1 year. I'm at month 10 now. And after that I'll kill myself by SN. I cant endure this situation more
Did you have any other health conditions before covid? Im so sorry you had to to through this its really sad that you wanted to actually live and now because you got these symtoms from covid you want to ctb :aw:

aminend

aminend

Warlock
May 24, 2020
Befor that I had a minor depression, I didnt use medicine for that kind of depression, I loved my life. I really enjoyed that. But after this smell and taste disfunction I have engaged with a hard depression I lost many financial opportunities in my work, I don't want to see my friends even I dont enjoy from sex. This is like a nightmare

• Aww..
Reactions: LADY007, Wrennie and Buffy5120
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
I had covid for about 6-7 months with terrible symptoms, everything is OK now, but not the worst : it damaged my nerves and smth else, I can walk just a little because of this and have many pains. And it is my only reason...

• Love
Reactions: LADY007
B

Buffy5120

Death is vital
Mar 19, 2020
I had covid for about 6-7 months with terrible symptoms, everything is OK now, but not the worst : it damaged my nerves and smth else, I can walk just a little because of this and have many pains. And it is my only reason...
How old ru? So sorry btw :'(

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
What are doctors saying about this? Sorry you had such a bad experience, that's horrible

Reactions: Wrennie
Jarni

Jarni

Love is a toothache in the heart. H.Heine
Dec 12, 2020
How old ru? So sorry btw :'(

What are doctors saying about this? Sorry you had such a bad experience, that's horrible
Yes that's really terrifying... :( Doctors don't know what's going on... I still have no diagnostic... After some months and 100000 of exams at the very famous hospitals. And exams don't show all my problems... So everything is very complicated...

Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020

Yes that's really terrifying... :( Doctors don't know what's going on... I still have no diagnostic... After some months and 100000 of exams at the very famous hospitals. And exams doesn't show all my probles... So everything is very complicated...
Oh that sucks, I really hope you can get some serious help with this:(

D

donenow

Oct 27, 2023
I feel the same - only reason for ctb - cant take it and I am 6 months out. hope you improved a bit