D

DeprivedofLife666

Any other childfree people on here?
Mar 28, 2022
Yes I am fully aware that this is NOT a dating site and yes I am fully aware of the risks of meeting people. I'm still kinda new here and don't want to get banned, EVER because I really love this site and have seen some pretty cool non-suicidal and fun threads from people who kind of think the same way I do or like the same things I do. So, I just wanted to know if it is strictly forbidden to wind up being more than friends on here? Sorry if my question sounds odd/weird/stupid.

Reactions: Toonloon
Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
It's not completely forbidden but I think it's not exactly encouraged either kind of like most workplace relationships. There have been many many painfully unsuccessful cases in the past, at least publicly. Maybe there have also been plenty of cases of two people who found each other in the partners thread and didn't interact with the rest of the site at all so we'd never be able to know.

Generally it's probably not a good idea since it's very unlikely for people willing to end their life to also be ready for a relationship though it's not impossible. Like in almost any situation, it can't hurt to ask as long as one is ready to accept no for an answer.

Reactions: Manaaja, jakaranda3 and Smart No More
S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
I don't think it is forbidden no. There's partners thread (which granted, is not for dating but is for meeting up) and there's a recovery section where forming meaningful relationships could be useful. I would just say be so very careful! Can't stress that enough. There are predators around and they prey on the vulnerable. This site is likely a magnet for the likes of murders and people of a sadistic nature.

Reactions: rationaltake, _Seeking, demuic and 3 others
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
I'm prepared for someone saying no. Given my living situation I most likely won't be able to meet in person anyways. I was only curious and if it's against the rules I will drop the subject with no hesitation

Dr Iron Arc

Dr Iron Arc

Into the Unknown
Feb 10, 2020
I'm prepared for someone saying no. Given my living situation I most likely won't be able to meet in person anyways. I was only curious and if it's against the rules I will drop the subject with no hesitation
Don't worry it's not against the rules or anything just not encouraged due to the likelihood of people not always being what they seem on here just like what @Smart No More said but that's also true of anywhere on the internet.

Reactions: _Seeking, Manaaja and Smart No More
Bootleg Astolfo

Bootleg Astolfo

Glorious Bean Plushie
Oct 12, 2020
*flashbacks to the guy who was asking for someone to go have sex with on the beach before he'd drown himself*
I dunno, but a lot of the relationship attempts on here are legendary levels of meme, so go for it as long as it's entertaining.

Reactions: GenesAndEnvironment, Fragile, UnravelingWinter and 2 others
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Yeah I heard about what happened on here with some creepy guy and two women, I'm being as careful as possible, even if I never really see anyone outside in real life.

Foresight

Foresight

Enlightened
Jun 14, 2019
It's definitely not the best place for romance but I don't see why you can't make friends if the other person is open. A lot of people aren't open to it which is understandable, but there's no rules blocking friendships and what not.

I've met two SS members. The community used to be more open to it when I joined but it's kind of moved away from it in my experience.

Last edited:
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Alright thanks. I can understand too why people avoid relationships. Normally I wouldn't bother giving it another shot because rejection does suck. But hey, I'm trying to be optimistic even if I know that the odds are stacked up against e in this area of my existence.

Reactions: Foresight
Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

No chances to be happy - dead inside
Nov 25, 2021
You'll just get hurt when they ctb. That happens even with friends around here.

• Hugs
Reactions: Altvtysp, RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, demuic and 2 others
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Yeah I thought about that too. I just hope I still showed them love and kindness when they needed it. I'm suicidal myself but it's because I've been lonely and deprived of my own life thanks to my selfish grandparents.

• Hugs
Reactions: Manaaja
Manaaja

Manaaja

euROPE
Sep 10, 2018
I have made friends here and think friendships are okay, but romantic relationships often don't work.

There are so many members here who have non-suicidal spouses/gf/bf and still want to ctb. Imagine if two suicidal people got together, the chance of at least one of them ctbing would be really high unless your only reason for ctbing is lack of gf/bf/spouse.

And to be honest, romantic relationships often require liking looks too, unfortunately. There was one member I had feelings for, but after I discovered what they look like, I lost interest (sorry).

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
I think you need the stars to align for it to work. Love and kindness doesn't work for everyone, and the harder you try, the harder it's going to hurt. I wouldn't hold out for it.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
And to be honest, romantic relationships often require liking looks too, unfortunately. There was one member I had feelings for, but after I discovered what they look like, I lost interest (sorry).
Yeah I know 😞

• Aww..
Reactions: Smart No More
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I don't think it's a strict 'no', either, and stranger things have happened. But, as others have said, you gotta wonder how successful it could possibly be. But you never know, stranger things have happened…

Suicidebydeath

Suicidebydeath

Nov 25, 2021
Yeah I know 😞
It depends. Looks don't always matter. Everyone has a different relative scale of what they find attractive. Anyway, it happened to me, we talked almost everyday, until they ctb. I keep thinking about if I could've done something different. You may not need that kind of self-torture, which is why I think it's a bad idea.

So I'd be wary about getting close to someone on here. Better to not get attached and find a partner anywhere else.

• Hugs
Reactions: RaphtaliaTwoAnimals, demuic, Manaaja and 1 other person
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
I just thought that not every single member on here wanted to CTB because I also like reading posts in the Recovery Section too. Thanks though everyone, I'm glad I asked even if I knew what the outcome was gonna be regardless.

S

Smart No More

Visionary
May 5, 2021
Certainly wouldn't go searching for it here but no sense in closing yourself off. Just make sure, if you notice it starting, to be objective and honest about the realities of it all. Ideally striking up a genuine bond would make the desire to ctb much less though having a relationship hinge on that is too much for a relationship to bear but if it's a pleasant side effect of a relationship then grab it with both hands and start working towards finding other reasons to live too. Some people in mental health situations fit one another just right. It's just like neurotypicals. Lets be honest all the neurotypicals on reality shows and even in our work places are utterly sqwarked when it comes to relationships to the point it might be fair to say they're the 'crazy' ones.

Then there's the people here for health conditions. I think they have good chances of finding someone in a similarly dismall situation and those people can be happy if they find a partner who eventually ctb's. Maybe they'll live a little longer than otherwise planned together and finally ctb together. Quaint huh? Something a bit romantic about that which genuinely hits a little not in me. Maybe it's cos it's so close to home. Standards of expectation on beauty drop and get reaaranges. There's more scope for the use of real inner beauty and for it to be reciprocated whwn your priorities have been through the reassessment stage resulting from the death of your elitest hopes as a fully fit person. Now you see different thing attractive. In such a way you may question why you used to like the other stuff. So yeah, changes you and opens opportunities as a result.

There are positives that can occur. Just don't expect them or search/advertise for them. Doesn't hurt to stay open to them if you can trust yourself to use a realistic eye and if it happens naturally it would be really quite lovely and add a bit of joy to this place.

Never that simple though us it!? 😭 😂

Anyway, ☮️ & 💌 to you's.

Rest time for me.

Last edited:
D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Yeah. I mean hey, if I gave someone a reason to want to live, that's not bad, right?

Reactions: Smart No More and Al Cappella
Al Cappella

Al Cappella

Are we there yet?
Feb 2, 2022
I just thought that not every single member on here wanted to CTB because I also like reading posts in the Recovery Section too. Thanks though everyone, I'm glad I asked even if I knew what the outcome was gonna be regardless.
Actually, that raises a major point—even though this is a CTB site, stats would probably show that, while maybe higher than across the usual spectrum, people who actually do it are still in the minority. But still.

D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
From what I read so far, everyone here makes sense. I still want to remain hopeful that someone on here is like me, but it just sounds like some silly little fantasy. Like I said in another post, my dream guy probably doesn't even exist, or probably did but doesn't now.

F

Freedomindeath4me

Student
Apr 6, 2022
I really don't think this is the right place for you to be hanging out if you're interested in finding a mate. If you have enough of an interest in life to find a boyfriend still then you shouldn't be considering suicide and shouldn't let yourself be influenced by a group of suicidal people.

D

DeprivedofLife666

Mar 28, 2022
Thanks again everyone. I think this thread can be closed now.(?)