DeadManLiving

DeadManLiving

Ticketholder
Sep 9, 2022
Some Humorous Ones

"If I had no sense of humor, I would long ago have committed suicide." ― Mahatma Gandhi

"That's how we stay young these days: murder and suicide." — Eugene Ionesco

"I told my psychiatrist I was thinking of killing myself. He told me from now on I had to pay in advance." — Rodney Dangerfield

"Nothing in my life has ever made me want to commit suicide more than people's reaction to my trying to commit suicide." ― Emilie Autumn

"A lot of you cared, just not enough." ― Jay Asher

"Write something, even if it's just a suicide note!" — Gore Vidal

Speaking of, Sticky apparently CBT'd Too. RIP

Remembering Clippy: 10 Years Since the Death of Microsoft Word's Cartoon Paper Clip

TLDR; "Fame became a burden that was simply too much for the young Microsoft Word Office Assistant to bear, and Clippy, like so many paper clips and child stars before him, turned to hard drugs: MDMA, PCP, and even HTML … Clippy's removal was the final step in his descent into madness, as the former assistant became nothing but a disheveled mess, fodder for the Hollywood tabloids. He wandered the streets of Hollywood, barely coherent, sometimes mumbling completely in Wingdings. He finally died alone, unable to hold a job, a relationship, or even a stack of papers together."

Some Introspective Ones

"Cowardice is nothing to do with it - suicide takes considerable courage. Japanese have the right idea. No, what's selfish is to demand another to endure an intolerable existence, just to spare families, friends, and enemies a bit of soul-searching." ― David Mitchell, Cloud Atlas

"They tell us that Suicide is the greatest piece of Cowardice... That Suicide is wrong; when it is quite obvious that there is nothing in this world to which every man has a more unassailable title than to his own life and person." ― Arthur Schopenhauer

"Death is not an evil, because it frees us from all evils, and while it takes away good things, it takes away also the desire for them. Old age is the supreme evil, because it deprives us of all pleasures, leaving us only the appetite for them, and it brings with it all sufferings. Nevertheless, we fear death, and we desire old age." -Giacomo Leopardi

"Life's greatest gift is the freedom it leaves you to step out of it whenever you choose." ― André Breton

Suicide is a decision of which you can be certain that you won't regret it afterwards. This cannot be said about many things in life.
From <https://andreasmoser.blog/2015/09/10/suicide/>

"I think there must be probably different types of suicides. I'm not one of the self-hating ones. The type of like "I'm shit and the world'd be better off without poor me" type that says that but also imagines what everybody'll say at their funeral. I've met types like that on wards. Poor-me-I-hate-me-punish-me-come-to-my-funeral. Then they show you a 20 X 25 glossy of their dead cat. It's all self-pity bullshit. It's bullshit. I didn't have any special grudges. I didn't fail an exam or get dumped by anybody. All these types. Hurt themselves. I didn't want to especially hurt myself. Or like punish. I don't hate myself. I just wanted out. I didn't want to play anymore is all. I wanted to just stop being conscious. I'm a whole different type. I wanted to stop feeling this way. If I could have just put myself in a really long coma I would have done that. Or given myself shock I would have done that. Instead." ― David Foster Wallace,

A few of Mine:

People who want to live shoul't have to die. People who want do die, shouldn't be forced to endure on.

Dead people don't actually know they're dead.

Some Impulsive Ones

"There used to be days that I thought I was okay, or at least that I was going to be. We'd be hanging out somewhere and everything would just fit right and I would think 'it will be okay if it can just be like this forever' but of course nothing can ever stay just how - it is forever."
― Nina LaCour, Hold Still

"We cannot tear out a single page of our life, but we can throw the whole book in the fire." ― George Sand, Mauprat

"Killing myself was a matter of such indifference to me that I felt like waiting for a moment when it would make some difference." ― Fyodor Dostoevsky

"It is not worth the bother of killing yourself, since you always kill yourself too late." ― Emil Cioran, The Trouble with Being Born

"To commit suicide? But isn't this what you are doing your whole life?" — Louis Scutenaire

"The literal meaning of life is whatever you're doing that prevents you from killing yourself." ― Albert Camus

"I think many people kill themselves simply to stop the debate about whether they will or they won't." ― Susanna Kaysen

"What's the big fucking deal? Lots of amazing people have committed suicide, and they turned out alright."

"Can you do it? When the time comes? When the time comes there will be no time. Now is the time. Curse God and die." ― Cormac McCarthy

Other Sources

For more mouth-watering tantalizing food for thought on right to die advocacy, I defer to u/ExistensialGoof on Reddit. He is the prevailing subject matter authority I know of in the field active on the net, excerpt from his most recent much-read blog post below:

In Support of a Fundamental Right to Die: An Argument From Personal Liberty

What are some of your favorites? Preferably, in some succinct format as above of your own categorically or just one liners.

Attachments

• 1678739106891.png
    1678739106891.png
    177 KB · Views: 0
  • Love
  • Yay!
Reactions: Black Sky, ApathyToLife, Forever Sleep and 15 others
Angel of Spades

Angel of Spades

barely keeping it together
May 23, 2023
This is priceless! I'll have to keep some of these in mind when I need a smile.

penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
My signature is a quote from Dazai in Bunko Stray Dogs on double suicide.

"私はあなたと心中するために今日まで生きてきたのです。"
(English: I lived until today to commit suicide with you.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ashu
MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
"In the end, it doesn't really matter." - Chester Bennington

Reactions: divinemistress36 and Ashu
The Final Solution

The Final Solution

Liberty is as close as your wrists.
Apr 5, 2022
Some of those quotes are real gems. My favourite has got to be Hunter S Thompson's suicide note:
No More Games. No More Bombs. No More Walking. No More Fun. No More Swimming.
67. That is 17 years past 50. 17 more than I needed or wanted.
Boring. I am always bitchy. No Fun - for anybody.
67. You are getting Greedy. Act your old age.
Relax - This won't hurt.
So cool. I hope to God I can be as poetic or eloquent when I get to write mine. Such an elegant way to go out.

Reactions: Ashu
penguinl0v3s

penguinl0v3s

Wait for Me 💙
Nov 1, 2023
I kept going back to this post. Months later, I finally understood what this one meant.
"Killing myself was a matter of such indifference to me that I felt like waiting for a moment when it would make some difference." ― Fyodor Dostoevsky
Now it might be my favorite.

I thought the guy you were referencing was the character from Lord of the Rings, but turns out that guy's name was Frodo. Didn't know the person you were quoting was a real person LOL. My bad, hope I didn't offend the dude in his grave.

• Love
Reactions: Adûnâi
DazaiKinnie

DazaiKinnie

Cringe Isekai Author
Apr 27, 2023
I have some that I like:
"I thought, "I want to die. I want to die more than ever before. There's no chance now of a recovery. No matter what sort of thing I do, no matter what I do, it's sure to be a failure, just a final coating applied to my shame. That dream of going on bicycles to see a waterfall framed in summer leaves—it was not for the likes of me. All that can happen now is that one foul, humiliating sin will be piled on another, and my sufferings will become only the
more acute. I want to die. I must die. Living itself is the source of sin" - Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human

"Any man who criticizes my suicide and passes judgment on me with an expression of superiority, declaring (without offering the least help) that I should have gone on living my full complement of days, is assuredly a prodigy among men quite capable of tranquilly urging the Emperor to open a fruit shop."- Osamu Dazai, No Longer Human

• Love
Reactions: Tokugawa_Yoshinobu
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
He finally died alone, unable to hold a job, a relationship, or even a stack of papers together.

Life's brutal, life's cruel... R.I.P Clippy. 📎

He is a good illustration of how life will, with enough time, tear one apart — from limb to limb, and leave one's mangled carcass festering in the gutter of a road traveled by clueless, indifferent, wayfarers...

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Sky
F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I loved Clippy 📎 and I love your post.

Reactions: thewalkingdread
thewalkingdread

thewalkingdread

Life is a pointless, undeserved, unnecessary pain.
Oct 30, 2023
What was once a dream of a creator
a Parent, a God, a Frankenstein's endeavour,
Slowly — but, surely — unveils itself as what it really was:
The flawed, monstrous, face of a far worse, chilling, Nature
Way worse than the worst of Nightmares...

Last edited:
Reactions: Black Sky