Chupacabra 44

Chupacabra 44

If boredom were a CTB method, I would be long gone
Sep 13, 2020
With the bulk of my fifties in my rear view mirror, the story of Martin Manley resonates to some extent.

Martin planned out extensively to CTB on his 60 birthday. (Haven't read his story in a couple of years, so details might be a little off).

He synchronized everything to have a CTB with a firearm next to a police station, while on the phone with 911 and concurrently had this web page uploaded on to the interwebby. Martin was a sports writer as I recall.

You can read his story. Don't think there is an issue linking this web site per the rules, but if so delete it, ban me, spam me at my email address, whatever the penalty that fits the (potential) crime I'm good with. And always remember, the guilty must suffer. Hehe

How does Martin's approach strike you. Good, bad, or indifferent?

• Wow
Reactions: Disco Biscuit, LR007, Deleted member 4993 and 5 others
B

Blurred_Reality

Sep 8, 2020
Had a skim through - looks like an interesting read. Will have a further look later.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Chupacabra 44 and death137
death137

death137

miserable
Jun 25, 2020
Interesting read. Personally I would say indifferent.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Chupacabra 44 and Deleted member 19654
beforeyougo

beforeyougo

Sep 24, 2020
I think that's pretty cool. Although not something I would do given my current situation, it certainly strikes me as thoughtful and very emotional (in a good way).

Reactions: Deleted member 4993, Chupacabra 44 and Deleted member 19654
J

Jojo81

Student
Aug 8, 2020
It was really good reading his bio.. He took off gracefully.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
SheJumped

SheJumped

Student
May 14, 2019
With the bulk of my fifties in my rear view mirror, the story of Martin Manley resonates to some extent.

Martin planned out extensively to CTB on his 60 birthday. (Haven't read his story in a couple of years, so details might be a little off).

He synchronized everything to have a CTB with a firearm next to a police station, while on the phone with 911 and concurrently had this web page uploaded on to the interwebby. Martin was a sports writer as I recall.

You can read his story. Don't think there is an issue linking this web site per the rules, but if so delete it, ban me, spam me at my email address, whatever the penalty that fits the (potential) crime I'm good with. And always remember, the guilty must suffer. Hehe

How does Martin's approach strike you. Good, bad, or indifferent?

Thank you for sharing this!

Reactions: Deleted member 4993
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
It's OCD. What's the point of doing all that? I didn't find it interesting. More like navel gazing.

I was thinking OCD as well. But may he Rest In Peace.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Meditation guide
S

Snowdrifts1212

Sep 16, 2020
Oh wow. Honestly, I love the website. And I love how thorough and clearly very prepared and at peace with his decision he was. I'd totally do something like that, and I definitely don't have OCD. It's just important to me to share the whole story with my loved ones and to make sure they have as much information as possible about why and my mindset, knowing that will help them more easily accept why and how it happened.

I wouldn't do his same plan, but I do appreciate how he set it up to be found by the appropriate people and to also inform his sister himself.

Reactions: Deleted member 4993 and Deleted member 19654
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
im currently working on reading through the whole thing and im loving it. and i kinda wouldnt mind doing about the same thing. optionally committing suicide before old age takes me. but im really curious if theres an added page or something the family made saying that his plan either went flawlessly or what went wrong. it just seems like a major cliffhanger to not know. and i dont want to know about it i just want to no it exists