• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

A

ApurvaNotFound

Jan 14, 2024
I am searching new CTB ways....Though I think I have no plan to do CTB anytime soon
there is a Freight railway track in front of my home. But there is also a major railway yard after 50-75 Meters.
Few months back there was a news about "Safety Upgrades" on the tracks
I am not sure whether "safety upgrades" meant that it features CTB stopping devices...
And trains slow down from 150 km/h to around 20-30km/h

Sylveon

Sylveon

Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
I don't understand that last line; do the trains pass that area at 150 or 20–30 km/h?

Last edited:
A

ApurvaNotFound

Jan 14, 2024
I don't understand that last line; do the trains pass that area at 150 or 20–30 km/h?
Since there is a yard ahead, most trains decrease thier speed from 150 to 30

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
Please dont Use this method. Think of the train driver

Reactions: Praestat_Mori, Sylveon and violetskies
Sylveon

Sylveon

Anomaly
Oct 10, 2023
Since there is a yard ahead, most trains decrease thier speed from 150 to 30
If the train is moving anywhere between those speeds, then it just depends on how fast (or slow) it's going. From what I've seen (online), if the speed is close to the latter you mentioned, then it'll be a really agonizing way to go; also, there's stuff like the cowcatcher, but I think you know that already(?).

I too tried to pull off this method, but near a train station, and the sound of the train breaking only made my SI worse, lol.

Last edited:
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
The train method is usually discouraged unless one has no other options. But is there no you can access it when it's at it's full speed?

Reactions: mortuarymary
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
30 km/h is rather slow and I wouldn't want to try it at that speed. Even if there are "Safety Upgrades", there's always a way to get around them. I would go and observe the tracks. Especially the area where the trains have a speed of 150 km/h. Are there any cameras along the tracks? Is there a fence around the tracks and I can't get over it? Then I would buy a pair of strong enough pliers to make a hole in it and crawl through it when I am ready to attempt.

So yeah, for now, I would just look at the tracks where the train is the fastest and plan what I would do next. I don't think that there isn't anything else you could do...

A

ApurvaNotFound

Jan 14, 2024
Please dont Use this method. Think of the train driver
why should I care about a random driver?

30 km/h is rather slow and I wouldn't want to try it at that speed. Even if there are "Safety Upgrades", there's always a way to get around them. I would go and observe the tracks. Especially the area where the trains have a speed of 150 km/h. Are there any cameras along the tracks? Is there a fence around the tracks and I can't get over it? Then I would buy a pair of strong enough pliers to make a hole in it and crawl through it when I am ready to attempt.

So yeah, for now, I would just look at the tracks where the train is the fastest and plan what I would do next. I don't think that there isn't anything else you could do...
IRCTC elevated the rail tracks from ground level to a bridge.
trains usually start retardation around 2-3 km before.

Also: I havent seen any camera but there is lot of box like electronics parallel to tracks

also: these locos usually operate

300px-KJM_WDM2.jpg
locomotives-of-indian-railways_11.jpg

mortuarymary

mortuarymary

Enlightened
Jan 17, 2024
why should I care about a random driver?

IRCTC elevated the rail tracks from ground level to a bridge.
trains usually start retardation around 2-3 km before.

Also: I havent seen any camera but there is lot of box like electronics parallel to tracks

also: these locos usually operate

300px-KJM_WDM2.jpg
locomotives-of-indian-railways_11.jpg
What A nasty thing to say.

Reactions: the old man