K

Kiplercraft

Dec 29, 2022
I have a small pistol, a ruger 380ACP 2.75" barrel length. Regular ammunition. I want to just point it in the middle of the side of my head or the top pointing down. I saw elsewhere in here that you should aim for the brain stem, by pointing behind the ear near the top. I'm worried I'm not going to be to hit the brain stem and i wonder if I should just settle with shooting another part of the brain. What do y'all think? Do people really survive getting shot in the head? I wish people who have successfully ctb could comment but that wouldn't work lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Tony24
F

F@#$

Freedom seeker
Nov 8, 2023
My friend shot himself through the mouth with a shotgun. He was "successful" in his attempt.

Reactions: Alexandra0
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
You stand a better chance of hitting the brain stem via the mouth. And I don't think a .380 is large enough. Sure, you could die, but you may not, also. I wouldn't risk it myself. But, it's a decision you'll have to make for yourself.

Neowise

Neowise

We fly and fly but never reach our destination.
Oct 7, 2020
Putting the barrel in the mouth and aiming up 45° is said to be very effective at hitting the brain stem. Aiming somewhere else such as the temple can be survived, the brain can take a stunning amount of damage without dying. Though, I have seen videos of people doing exactly this and dying instantly. There is probably a very fine adjustment in tracectory that makes the difference between life and death. Hence, it is rather unreliable.

But whatever you do, NEVER put the barrel on the underside of your chin and aim upwards like they do it in movies. You will just shoot your face off and the brain won't take any damage. I've seen 2 videos of people who did exactly this with shotguns... and survived. It looked horrible, never even consider this!

Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc
Alexandra0

Alexandra0

Don't be afraid of death
Sep 30, 2023
It's risky to do that with a pistol (this is not a shotgun). But a gun is better than nothing when you no longer have the strength to live. It happens that people survive when they approach this issue mediocrely. Aim for your brain stem. Good luck to you

Last edited:
Reactions: pthnrdnojvsc