mono

mono

I hope my last breath is a sigh of relief.
Jul 11, 2023
Just asking for opinions on how reliable a method like this would be, its purely hypothetical, I have no intent to ctb right now.

Some context, I've gone on a camping trip with my family and a friend of mine. I was reluctant to go because I'm not a big fan of camping, and I hate driving long distances but my parents had already invited my friend without me knowing so I felt like I had to go. I drove to the camp site with my friend, and now that I'm here I've realized how many trees there are that would be perfect for hanging.
The only thing around to complete the hanging method is a dog leash, I've heard of people ctb'ing with a belt before so I think it could work, I just wouldn't be sure if it's thick enough or would be able to support my weight even with partial suspension, or if it would even be long enough.
I had scouted the area and I found a secluded place with lots of trees and far away from people but I'd still be worried about some poor soul being traumatized.

This was just a thought in the back of my mind and I wasn't too sure about it being reliable enough, or even a good idea. This method is hypothetical because this is still a public trailer park and I didn't think of it ahead of time but I'd still like to hear opinions and suggestions for next time. I'd love to ctb in a forest because I live in a desert and I rarely get to experience places with lots of beautiful trees like this.

KuroiSH

KuroiSH

bus tickets are expensive
Mar 29, 2023
Hypothetical, you say? It's oddly specific, but I'll just give my opinion, like you asked.

I think it could work, as long as the leash material has strength and thickness comparable to a rope, which might be unlikely, given they are commonly made of materials like jute, or nylon.

However, as for where to find something that supports your weight, perhaps there could be a tree with a thick enough branch? It is a forest, after all.

I don't know about the reliability of a method like this, since it has to fulfill some very odd conditions in order to work. Since it's hypothetical though, I don't think it really matters. That's just my opinion, though.

CH349

CH349

Aug 5, 2023
Obviously a rope would be better

It is recommended that the rope (or leash) needs to hold 2x your weight because of the thrashing you'll do because of SI. From what I know the heavier dog leashes support around 50kg of weight, which dosent even support 1x of your weight. A belt is thicker and stronger so it's more effective, but you can also look into partial hanging