Daxter777

Daxter777

May 22, 2023
Would OD on beta blockers be a viable way to CTB. Would it be peaceful?

C

chester

Student
Aug 1, 2024
I'm actually researching this option as my plan B and I stumbled upon this thread. Based on what I've read, they make your blood pressure and pulse very low until your heart eventually stops beating completely. Sounds peaceful to me, but hard to say. It will definitely have an impact on your mental state, less blood being supplied to your brain would make your consciousness gradually fade away.

This probably won't be instant though, may take hours and you're likely to survive if you get found in time. It's also hard to estimate a reliable dose. I suppose every method is a lottery to some degree, but if you want quick and reliable then it might not be your best bet. I have my own reasons for considering this method, I'm more interested in dying than death itself. Doesn't mean I'd like to survive it though. My plan would be take some meto over a couple of days, grind a shitload of pills in a mortar, mix them with water and drink the suspension. And by shitload I mean "definitely way more than I've read about in the medical articles".

But that's just my plan B, we'll see how plan A goes. I do have SN as plan C, but this isn't really my preferred way of dying, it's just my last resort.

Reactions: Tonkpils and Daxter777
Upvote 0
jepe24

jepe24

Shelly
Sep 6, 2024
I'm contemplating on ctb myself with amplodipine , propranolol and losartan . I wonder if this would work also

Upvote 0
Daxter777

Daxter777

May 22, 2023
I'm contemplating on ctb myself with amplodipine , propranolol and losartan . I wonder if this would work also
I read somewhere on a thread that you struggle to breathe when you od on propanolol, unfortunately I can't find the thread but it was also a thread relating to propanolol od.

A shame if that is the case I was hopping it would make me pass out then stop my heart

Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
Propranolol can cause respiratory distress and seizures in large overdoses. The seizures would render you unconscious, and as best as the research I've done shows, typically once you reach the point of seizures you're in a comatose state in general, so they wouldn't be painful. The respiratory distress is unclear whether or not it will appear before or after loss of consciousness.

Reactions: Tonkpils
Upvote 0
Daxter777

Daxter777

May 22, 2023
Propranolol can cause respiratory distress and seizures in large overdoses. The seizures would render you unconscious, and as best as the research I've done shows, typically once you reach the point of seizures you're in a comatose state in general, so they wouldn't be painful. The respiratory distress is unclear whether or not it will appear before or after loss of consciousness.
Yeah that would be my main worry. The distress happening while you are awake I would imagine being pretty damn scary

Reactions: jepe24
Upvote 0
jepe24

jepe24

Shelly
Sep 6, 2024
@willitpass do you think that this would happen with a combination of betablockers and calcium channel blockers

Upvote 0
A

anonymous101101

Jun 29, 2024
This method did not work for me and I took a very "lethal" dose.

• Informative
Reactions: sevennn
Upvote 0
A

anonymous101101

Jun 29, 2024
very "lethal" doesn't mean much. How much was it? What happened after you took it? Did you vomit?
A little over 7 grams of atenolol. :/
I did not vomit. I went to sleep and woke up the next morning, unfortunately. I was unable to stand or move much because I felt fatigued and exhausted. Passed out once while standing up.

• Informative
Reactions: sevennn
Upvote 0
willitpass

willitpass

Don’t try to offer me help, I’ve tried everything
Mar 10, 2020
A little over 7 grams of atenolol. :/
I did not vomit. I went to sleep and woke up the next morning, unfortunately. I was unable to stand or move much because I felt fatigued and exhausted. Passed out once while standing up.
Atenolol appears to have very limited information on overdoses. I only found one medical journal on it and it was a dual overdose with another medication. Propranolol seems to be a lot more common and has a lot more literature written on overdoses. Not all beta blockers are the same so I'm curious as to whether or not atenolol just has a higher survival rate. I did see other sites saying it may be a weaker beta blocker in comparison to others.

Reactions: Tonkpils
Upvote 0
A

anonymous101101

Jun 29, 2024
Atenolol appears to have very limited information on overdoses. I only found one medical journal on it and it was a dual overdose with another medication. Propranolol seems to be a lot more common and has a lot more literature written on overdoses. Not all beta blockers are the same so I'm curious as to whether or not atenolol just has a higher survival rate. I did see other sites saying it may be a weaker beta blocker in comparison to others.
Regardless, I'm still here, so it obviously wasn't enough to get rid of me 😞
I wish you the best <3

Reactions: Daxter777
Upvote 0