justanotherdaynow

justanotherdaynow

tryin to find a way off this planet
Jul 25, 2024
I posted this elsewhere on a thread about making death look natural. I wanted to get people's thoughts.

There have been a number of stories that have come out about tourists going to visit places like national parks or hiking in the desert and then dying from overheating and dehydrating.

People can get so overheated that they die very quickly especially if they don't have enough water on them or if they get lost.

This is becoming increasingly common because record breaking temperatures are being reached each year. It could appear like an accident if someone decided to go on a solo hike on a very hot day in a remote area without enough water (even if it was done intentionally).

What are your thoughts on this as a way to ctb to make death appear natural and also overcoming SI?

Also, here are some stories of this happening:

https://www.npr.org/2021/10/21/1041997332/northern-california-family-hiking-died-heat-exposure

https://edition.cnn.com/2024/07/16/us/canyonlands-national-park-father-daughter-death/index.html

C

CantDoIt

Student
Jul 18, 2024
I feel like this one could be very painful. I am not making suggestions but there are ways of doing it while hiking that don't involve dying of heat exposure that you could consider and make look like am accident.

K

Kali_Yuga13

Student
Jul 11, 2024
If it's triple digits and no hydration, it seems to happen fast. As far as looking accidental, depends on a bunch of factors like if a missing report is made, how much of an investigation is made, behavior prior to the hike. If a foreign national dies in a US national park, the fbi is called in to do at least some nominal investigation.

Overcoming SI - you're basically committing to stranding yourself somewhere so remote that either no one will find you or is too far for help to arrive in time if someone does. This also means if you have second thoughts, you're out of luck. What complicates things is if you don't want loved ones to be left wondering what happened to you for the rest of their lives. There are people that went missing in Death Valley and what was left of their remains took around 10 years to find. I imagine there's countless bodies never to be found in the Mexican desert on the trafficking routes.

I have no idea how painful it would be. I think it's more related to heat stroke than dehydration in the fast acting accidental deaths. I'd probably use drugs and alcohol to make it comfy. Maybe camp for a few days and look at the stars first.

Reactions: justanotherdaynow
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Whether it will work also depends on your overall health, whether you have underlying conditions that could be exacerbated by extreme heat and no fluids. Some people are just healthier and can handle extremes better.

When I saw the word "hiking" in the thread title, I thought the posting was going to be about falling or jumping off a cliff. 😊