Nephthys22

Nephthys22

Aug 16, 2020
Do you think that the uncertainty and anxiety over CTB is due to the societal norms were are surrounded with? For example, the overall view on ctb in North America is that it is wrong, and there has to be something something wrong with the person who wants to commit the act. I've been told several times that when people cbt, they go to hell. I don't actually believe that, ....but does it increase the anxiety. Why are we so against ctb, when the outcome is inevitable anyway? At some point we will all enter that state regardless if its by our own hand or naturally. I wonder what the views of ctb would be in a society that is socially accepting of it.

Reactions: _Minsk
Coping Wizard

Coping Wizard

Sep 15, 2020
The origin of why people thought suicide is wrong can be tired back to religion, specifically Christianity and the Bible. Look up Bible verses on the internet relating to suicide and there are at least several lines in the Bible relating to suicide.

The initial reason why people fearmongered others over suicide was that back in the day the act of suicide would cost their salvation.

• Love
Reactions: _Minsk