C

cookies

Jul 2, 2023
Didn't quite make it to the bus stop today.

My chosen location was said to be a mild hike. I loaded up my utility cart and headed for the campsite.

Right of the bat, I had to call the office bc I couldn't find the trail that was on directions they gave me. They gave me a different set of instructions. So, I headed down the trail. I wasn't anticipating any of the sand on the trails, but there was a lot. And I did not have the right wheels on for it. But I pushed through. An hour in, I still hadn't made it to the trail they told me to turn onto. I was hot and exhausted. I couldn't think straight. I was on the verge of a panic attack. And the sun was starting to set. And then my cart fell over and my stuff went everywhere. And I had a mini-melt down.

The office had already closed, so I called the park ranger. This angel of a woman answered the phone. I explained I wasn't properly equipped for the trail and had worn myself out and needed help.

About 30 minutes later, she found me. She offered to take me to my site and even help set me up. I explained I was just overwhelmed and wanted to go home for the evening, but would return tomorrow and finish out my reservation. I did accept her offer to show me the best way to get to my site, with a lot less hiking. THAT must of been the mild hike they were referring to. I believe it is safe to say that the office lady has never been down those trails.

I don't know if I could do it there tomorrow. This angel woman, who happened to be the park manager, was so kind to me. I just don't think I could do it in her park like that.

I don't know what to do now.

• Hugs
Reactions: ThisUnrest and misthios2040