• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

Sailfisher

F’ing A
Apr 19, 2019
Depression is hardest in the summer I think because you see others enjoying it so much, but can't overcome the wall depression puts up against pleasure.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, ExitTheDay, Random and 11 others
F

Fadingfast

Come in peace, go in peace
May 9, 2019
Yup. I see everyone around me having a blast and I just can't even try.

Reactions: Random, Circles, Ivenocare and 3 others
LaBrava

LaBrava

Experienced
May 5, 2019
I'm finding I've had a little more energy when the suns been out recently. I think that it could be similar to the phenomenon mentioned here recently where people who start taking antidepressants are at more risk of suicide because they become able to function slightly better and aren't paralysed by depression. During the winter months SAD makes depressed people less able to function I would guess.

Reactions: Random, Circles, lululoo and 2 others
K

Kuris

May 17, 2019
I can relate to that and that's why I love bad weather. Not much people outside and no one asks me to go outside.

Reactions: Random, Circles, Ivenocare and 3 others
Apostle

Apostle

Student
Apr 17, 2019
I can think of a few possible reasons, in addition to what's been said.

The longer, sunnier days in summer could give an extra chemical kick of the energy and motivation that's needed in order to go through with a ctb.

Warmer weather, for many, is simply more comfortable, and preferable to being in a cold environment during one's already-cold final moments.

It's easier to get around, if you're looking for an outdoor ctb. No snow in the way, trees are fully alive and strong to hang from, and if you're trying to drown, the water will be much less icy.

Reactions: Circles, lululoo, soda_pressed and 1 other person
Angst Filled Fuck Up

Angst Filled Fuck Up

Visionary
Sep 9, 2018
Well it's gonna be like 100 degrees every day for the next week here. Luckily I have good A/C, but if I didn't, this mortal coil would sure seem oppressive.

Reactions: Circles and Final Escape
Monster

Monster

Apr 26, 2019
Good points mentioned so far, very likely those are the reasons.
Also possibly that people go out more in the summer and it's expected to go out more instead of being holed up together, so people find it easier to either go somewhere to die or they can kill themselves at home while others are out. I don't know. Also maybe the heat. I despise the heat, kind of like Meursault in The Stranger. Heat and sweat make me feel ill. I prefer being covered but I can't in the summer. It's almost impossible to escape the heat.
I imagine most people enjoy summer, so maybe some people want to die after having a good time outside and with friends and such. Maybe they want to die after seeing a beautiful view for the last time which usually looks nicer in the summer.
Also probably many people have more time to plan their suicides in the summer. I don't know.

Reactions: Random, Circles, NoOneKnows and 1 other person
S

soda_pressed

Experienced
Apr 8, 2019
Agree with what's been said before - a lot of depressed people in winter have a lot more energy in spring/summer to ctb due to sunlight. Weirdly enough, May is the most common month to ctb

Reactions: Random, Circles and Ivenocare
deflagrat

deflagrat

¡Si hablas español mándame un mensaje privado!
Apr 9, 2018
If you don't have an actual place to kill yourself you do it outside, and in summer the temperature is fine, so it's the best time for ctb.

Reactions: Circles
LastFlowers

LastFlowers

the haru that can read
Apr 27, 2019
When you put light up to darkness, it only seems more dark.

Reactions: Numbtopain97, throwaway777, Circles and 2 others
I

Imgonnahangmyself

Student
May 25, 2019
Christmas time and summer is when my depression is at it's worse. I think cos I see other people happy and knowing I'll never have that

Reactions: Fadingfast and Circles
Retched

Retched

I see the chaos in your eyes.
Oct 8, 2018
I think it may be that there are no major sentimental holidays and energy is higher than in the dead of winter.

Reactions: Fadingfast
I

Imgonnadie

Student
Oct 16, 2018
I read something that basically said that

R

Rachel

Student
Aug 30, 2018
Its too fricken hot to be dealing with stress

Reactions: Severen and throwaway777
Severen

Severen

Enlightened
Jun 30, 2018
I think it depends on where you live and if you have AC or not. LOL

Reactions: Rachel
Ruffian

Ruffian

Jumpin Jack Flash, it’s a gas gas gas
Jan 16, 2019
If I ctb it will most likely be in summer. I feel persecuted by the sun, and the humidity is so stifling where I live. Every year since I was child I absolutely hate it when May rolls around. One of my life goals was to move to a different climate - each summer reminds me of one more life disappointment.

Reactions: Random