D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Not planning to ctb soon but what can someone lmk if a cottage would be ok to ctb in? It's surrounded by other cottages but I don't want to ask the host how soundproofed the cottages are without coming across suspicious. What I mean by soundproof is that if someone happens to be outside my cottage, would they be able to hear anything and therefore call EMS? I would do it during the night anyway but just want to be sure I wouldn't be overheard if I make too much noise (my method is SN btw). Is there some way I can verify this with the owner without sounding suspicious?

Last edited:
SecretDissociation

SecretDissociation

Suicide enthusiast
Sep 11, 2022
Maybe you could play it off using music? Like say you like to listen to music out loud? Or comment on if the walls are thick if you're seeing the owner in person and see what they say? I would just use the music guise and say that you don't want to disturb other guests/residents.

Reactions: Nullm
D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
Maybe you could play it off using music? Like say you like to listen to music out loud? Or comment on if the walls are thick if you're seeing the owner in person and see what they say? I would just use the music guise and say that you don't want to disturb other guests/residents.
They didn't reply even after I followed up. They must think I'm a prostitute or something after piecing together all the questions I asked them about the managers being on site and the level of privacy and all lol. I think honestly a single cabin situated on large private land is the best option.

Reactions: SecretDissociation
T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I wouldn't have thought sn would be to noisy, it's not like taking a gun to your head where the sound of a gunshot would attract attention, another thing you could consider is a room or something where there is a lot of noise, like above a nightclub or something like that where the sound would drown out pretty much anything.

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I wouldn't have thought sn would be to noisy, it's not like taking a gun to your head where the sound of a gunshot would attract attention, another thing you could consider is a room or something where there is a lot of noise, like above a nightclub or something like that where the sound would drown out pretty much anything.
True but I have stayed in a hotel like that before where our room was directly above the nightclub and it stressed the hell out of me. I don't think I could ctb in those conditions. I would want some peace and quiet maybe in the summer with just the sound of crickets at night to drown out my thoughts.

T

the old man

Student
Dec 23, 2023
I get that đź‘Ť, maybe a camping trip to some scenic away from it all location.

stoiccactus

stoiccactus

somehow still here
Mar 24, 2022
I don't understand why sound is an issue if your method is SN

D

delayedcactus

Nov 27, 2023
I don't understand why sound is an issue if your method is SN
Depends on the level of pain. For some it can be really painful, so crying, screaming maybe and vomiting too. I think that level of pain is pretty rare with SN, but can't rule it out. Based on that, if someone were to hear I'm sure they would call for help.