jacrispy

jacrispy

nihilist
Jun 19, 2023
been gone a bit due to the site going down so many times and getting materials gathered. finally have everything ready for SCUBA. I know you're not supposed to lie down for it. planning on sitting up in the backseat of my car to do it. anyone have any suggestions for discreet places to park that won't cause a lot of attention?

• Hugs
Reactions: AnonGermany
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
I'm going to CTB in a public place too, and have been wondering where to go that I won't be noticed with a shotgun. if there's any parks near you that have parking lots with trees around it, that might work, especially if it's not a popular park. if you covered your windows with blackout curtains, anyone passing by might just think you're sleeping in your car.
I'm planning on visiting a couple secluded parks at night before I ctb to make sure they won't have people there.

locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
if you covered your windows with blackout curtains
IDK, that would seem suspicious to me. Maybe things are different where you are, though. Where I am in the states, our parks are all closed from sunset to sunrise.

Reactions: Letmedienow
tora

tora

lonelycity
Jun 11, 2023
IDK, that would seem suspicious to me. Maybe things are different where you are, though. Where I am in the states, our parks are all closed from sunset to sunrise.
that's true, you'd have to make sure the park is open at night. the blackout curtains might be better in a Walmart parking lot or somewhere like that, since lots of people live in cars and vans now and stay in parking lots at night. so that wouldn't be as suspicious. there'd always be the risk some random cop passing by would knock on your window to check on you though

Reactions: locked*n*loaded
L

lopsidedcrawdad1

Experienced
Jun 22, 2023
been gone a bit due to the site going down so many times and getting materials gathered. finally have everything ready for SCUBA. I know you're not supposed to lie down for it. planning on sitting up in the backseat of my car to do it. anyone have any suggestions for discreet places to park that won't cause a lot of attention?
Public hunting and fishing land is where im most likely going to do it. Small gravel parking lots out in the country that are usually hidden from the main road behind trees. Not sure if they do it the same way in your state.

Letmedienow

Letmedienow

Aug 17, 2023
I'm going to CTB in a public place too, and have been wondering where to go that I won't be noticed with a shotgun. if there's any parks near you that have parking lots with trees around it, that might work, especially if it's not a popular park. if you covered your windows with blackout curtains, anyone passing by might just think you're sleeping in your car.
I'm planning on visiting a couple secluded parks at night before I ctb to make sure they won't have people there.
I'd be very careful with public parks and even walmart parking lots at night. I've been living in my car for half a year now and parks are checked by cops frequently, especially at night after closing. Certain walmart parking lots are ok with overnight parking and the cops leave those alone but some are not and the cops come by to check. I would go by one night to whatever spot you are considering and sit there for a couple hours and see what the activity is like before you decide.

• Informative
Reactions: XdragonsoulX, P@in, thebookofdisquiet. and 2 others
B

babybatz

Aug 17, 2023
depends, do you want your body to be found/have you got a plan for that?

P@in

P@in

Sep 9, 2023
I'd choose a place away from people.
If it's a car I'd go somewhere like the woods or a desert.
Less chances to be found and revived.

Also, can rent a place (house for few days, motel), but it shouldn't be checked...

D

Duality

Harmony in Duality
May 27, 2023
An airport parking lot could be another idea, especially one that's used for long term parking. It's not 'discreet' as there will be a lot of cars, but there also wouldn't be anything suspicious about a car parking there for a large amount of time.

I also agree with parking out in the country on public land. Where I'm from these aren't huge lots, but more like spots you can just park in.

But I agree with what another commenter said, wherever you go, it will be a good idea to check how much activity there is in the vicinity. Luck is a factor on if you get caught early or not.

MatrixPrisoner

MatrixPrisoner

Enlightened
Jul 8, 2023
Industrial parks at night, especially on the weekend, are a pretty ideal place.

Reactions: Cajuncatastrophe