banger12

banger12

Aug 1, 2024
I'll likely need to CTB in a hotel room because I don't want family in the way nor do I want to traumatize them by finding my body, especially in their house.

But that brings up an interesting dilemma, and since I want CTB in the most optimal and ethical way I want to work through it here, and maybe this helps others along the way too. Are there any etiquette or moral rules I should follow if/when CTB in a hotel or motel room? Is it even really ok to do so?

Obviously I have in mind whichever poor staffer has the misfortune of finding my corpse (if they knew me they'd knew they shouldn't be bothered by the death of a PoS like me and maybe should be entertained by the sight, but that certainly won't be the case). Although I must say better traumatizing a stranger in my view that my father or stepmom. But there's also weird considerations like is it morally ok? Should I restrict my options to shitty motels? I'm sure their staff expect things like that and maybe it's the more ethical option, but I had to stay in shitty motels while traveling as a kid and then as a teen and I fucking hate them and I'd rather die in something nicer (not necessarily too nice). Is that wrong, or weird, or unnecessary?

Idk its a weird question(s) I'm sure but I do honestly want everybody's thoughts on this. Maybe I should go out into the woods or something (tho transport would be borderline impossible for an autistic man who can't drive like me).

• Hugs
Reactions: Zhendou
nihilistic_dragon

nihilistic_dragon

Student
Aug 6, 2024
Ugh I've spent a lot of time thinking about this. Still debating. I will probably end up doing hotel or airbnb and I'll just leave them a good amount of cash for their trouble. The important thing to remember is that you can't risk getting discovered early and "rescued". So if you book a hotel/motel/etc, you have to book extra days. I personally wouldn't risk the woods - no matter how private you think the area is, there is always a chance of someone wandering around and finding you earlier than you would like.

• Informative
  • Love
Reactions: banger12 and null_blank
banger12

banger12

Aug 1, 2024
Ugh I've spent a lot of time thinking about this. Still debating. I will probably end up doing hotel or airbnb and I'll just leave them a good amount of cash for their trouble. The important thing to remember is that you can't risk getting discovered early and "rescued". So if you book a hotel/motel/etc, you have to book extra days. I personally wouldn't risk the woods - no matter how private you think the area is, there is always a chance of someone wandering around and finding you earlier than you would like.
I'd say hotel is definitely better than Airbnb because given that Airbnb is individual people renting out their own property, so it is possible that they have some sentimental attachments to it or future plans for it beyond an Airbnb or might even want to live in it one day, as unlikely as any of those options may be. So it might traumatize or fuck with someone if someone CTB on their property. Whereas a hotel is just.... a hotel. Same prob applies to apartments too. Ofc the same ethical considerations I made in the original post are still in question with them but it's not as bad because it lacks the extra considerations applied to an airbnb.