• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
Hi everyone I plan to CTB hopefully around next month and I'm beginning to plan for the materials I will need. I know a rope of course, and from what I read it is recommended cotton or hemp, would you be able to inform me on the other information like the width and length? I know it should be somewhat thick for some comfort and I'm 5'1, was 135 I think I lost some pounds these past few months however due to not having an appetite so an estimate is fine. Any advice about any of it will be great thanks.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I recommend a 25mm thick manila rope, since that's what someone else used and said it worked very well but nylon ropes and the ropes you mentioned are also suitable for hanging. The rope be ~90cm longer than your current height. You can use some padding between the rope and the neck and if you want, you can lubricate the rope with some soap as well for maximum comfort (if rope burns hurt) and for maximum efficiency.

• Love
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and Iris Blue
Iris Blue

Iris Blue

-ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-
Oct 23, 2023
I recommend a 25mm thick manila rope, since that's what someone else used and said it worked very well but nylon ropes and the ropes you mentioned are also suitable for hanging. The rope be ~90cm longer than your current height. You can use some padding between the rope and the neck and if you want, you can lubricate the rope with some soap as well for maximum comfort (if rope burns hurt) and for maximum efficiency.
Thank you so much for your help! Do you also have any suggestions for the type of knot I should use? I don't plan on jumping too far down I want to use a tree branch preferably. I've been looking at the other articles on here and a lot of them have different preferences.

アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
Thank you so much for your help! Do you also have any suggestions for the type of knot I should use? I don't plan on jumping too far down I want to use a tree branch preferably. I've been looking at the other articles on here and a lot of them have different preferences.
For the anchor point (where you'll tie the rope to), you should use a snuggle hitch knot.

For the noose, you use a slipknot.

These are the knots most people use, take your time to perfect your skills at tying the knot and make sure to double check to see your knot is secure before attempting.

Here is something that may be of interest of you since you mentioned how you'd prefer trees for anchor points: https://sanctioned-suicide.net/threads/trees-to-use-for-hanging-from-a-tree-expert.76256/

Reactions: KAZ-2Y5 and Iris Blue