• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Slow_Farewell

Slow_Farewell

Warlock
Dec 19, 2023
i would have thought the chances if you used a shotgun was significantly higher, but apparently its not 100%

SexyIncél

SexyIncél

🍭my lollipop brings the feminists to my candyshop
Aug 16, 2022
'twas a split-second decision, based on a sudden impulse. He surprised himself. In contrast, I made a 14 step checklist

Reactions: breezeboy
divinemistress36

divinemistress36

Visionary
Jan 1, 2024
This is so sad. Should have aimed for the brainstem

• Informative
Reactions: worthIess, quinnnnnxo, TAW122 and 1 other person
R

rozeske

Maybe I am the problem
Dec 2, 2023
Very sad. Atleast he wasn't messed up that bad. The other non-shotgun survivors looked way worse.

Reactions: Venessolotic and quinnnnnxo
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I'm a bit late to this thread, but it looks like several factors are responsible for causing his attempt to fail (of course, I don't know all the details so this just my inference and assumption). First off, he may have attempted hastily (this is one of the things that one shouldn't do in an attempt is to act rashly without a plan or at least having time to prepare adequately!). That may well be one of the biggest factors for failure. Additionally, he may have used an inadequate round (yes, while birdshot and small pellets can still kill, they are less reliable and certain compared to buckshot or slugs). Finally, it may also be possible that despite hitting the head, he may have just missed the most vital spots (brainstem) and/or got medical attention before either drowning in his own blood, exsanguinating (bleeding out), and/or dying of trauma itself.

I do want to say that while firearms isn't a 100% guaranteed method (especially for people who didn't do proper research, homework, or preparation), it is still FAR more reliable than a lot of methods, albeit messy and barbaric, it will still be a method of my choice since I have reasonable expectation of success compared to many other methods. I trust the science and knowledge of firearms and am confident on it's success rate.

Last but not least, after having survived his attempt, he then becomes more pro-life and decides to spew pro-life spiel (no offense, but that's just not acceptable). I suppose if he was pressured by society (as well as people in his life) to preach the (pro-lifers') choir, then that would be understandable, but him projecting his own fear of death and pain into anti-choice and prohibition sentiments is just not acceptable.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515, SamTam33, worthIess and 3 others
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
It would be edifying to know the details. I think the common 12 gauge shotgun, properly aimed inside the mouth is almost 100%. Most shotgun failures occur when people try to place it under the chin, but he did not appear to do that. I think he rushed it and placed it in his mouth but pointing sideways toward his ear.

Reactions: worthIess, sleepingintherain and rozeske
notherenotnow

notherenotnow

was it all a disguise, like junior high?
Oct 7, 2023
He looks fine for somebody who just shot himself compared to the videos of failed shotgun attempts on wpd... nevertheless, that's what I'm scared of the most in the whole damn world. Failing a suicide attempt by shotgun. All the people who succed were so brave, i cant even hold a gun without feeling terrified. I hope the veteran finds peace and everything that is good in this world <3

Reactions: sleepingintherain and rozeske
H

hurting

Jan 18, 2024
I had a friend whose sister shot herself in the chest with birdshot and she lived.

L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
I had a friend whose sister shot herself in the chest with birdshot and she lived.

A 12 gauge shotgun, if that's what it was, at point blank range, even with birdshot, makes a big hole. It had to be a terrible injury even if she missed her heart. How did she survive?

D

DreamEnd

Enlightened
Aug 4, 2022
well thats unfortunate

Reactions: Venessolotic
H

hurting

Jan 18, 2024
A 12 gauge shotgun, if that's what it was, at point blank range, even with birdshot, makes a big hole. It had to be a terrible injury even if she missed her heart. How did she survive?
I do not know the details only that her recovery was extensive and alot of the shot could not be removed.

sanction

sanction

sanctioned
Mar 15, 2019
Considering it was from a shotgun, his face actually looks pretty good after the failure. Have seen much worst faces even with guns that are less lethal. His is lucky in that sense

He never went blind and both eyes still work. Truly a miracle. Could of been WAY WORST

Last edited:
Reactions: lifeisbutadream
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
Now think about all the successful firearm suicides since this happened. Probably in the thousands. People love to focus and fear monger based on stories like this. "You see what can happen! You could become a vegetable or worse!"

Reactions: Captive_Mind515 and Interloper
L

lifeisbutadream

Wizard
Oct 4, 2018
Now think about all the successful firearm suicides since this happened. Probably in the thousands. People love to focus and fear monger based on stories like this. "You see what can happen! You could become a vegetable or worse!"

It shows that if you do anything uninformed, unplanned, hurriedly, or haphazardly you can mess it up, even something where the odds should be near 100% if done right or even approximately right.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515 and rozeske
BlazingBob

BlazingBob

I'm still here b/c of my dogs
Oct 28, 2021
It shows that if you do anything uninformed, unplanned, hurriedly, or haphazardly you can mess it up, even something where the odds should be near 100% if done right or even approximately right.
The one thing stories like this have in common is that they received medical attention shortly after they attempted. When the time comes I plan to be far away from anyone. Like drive my car to the middle of nowhere. If the bullet doesn't kill me the blood loss will. It sucks it has to be this way.

Reactions: Captive_Mind515
Captive_Mind515

Captive_Mind515

King or street sweeper, dance with grim reaper!
Jul 18, 2023

It also shows that while trauma to your brain is devastating to your chances of survival, trauma to your face is actually a very survivable injury by comparison. In most cases, you're not hitting any major arteries and so even bleeding out would likely be a slow process. You've got to make sure you hit the brain, and ideally the brain stem. Nothing else is acceptable with this method.

Reactions: lifeisbutadream