FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I know i talked about this issue too much and sorry if i am being repetitive. This is the last
time i will talk about it . This is the biggest reason why i want to ctb. 6reasons why i want to the bus
1) The future scares me and i domt want to see it
2) I dont have a job and a partner i feel like this not a life worth living. I am sorry if this causes offence.
3) I am not strong enough to live this world and dont belong here really.
4) feel like embrassment and failure everyday..
5) since graduating university i feel so lost and purposeless. I dont know what i want to do with my life .The pressure to have it all together is too much. The pressure mainly comes from me.
6) ageing i dont feel young anymore . Sucide means i avoid the ageing

2 years ago when i was at university i was offered at random a saturday job in a church set up by someone as a youth worker .i turned it down due to fear of messing up.

My fear of messing up came from the fact i did a placment
at univesity which went awfully wrong. The placement was at a charity which involved advisimg people about thier problems on debt, employment etc .. i struggled with the advising sometimes collegues had to take over , clients walked out on me, i would be so incompetent which involved me asking for help all the time
After the placement i developed a fear of messing up, looking incomptent and being seen as needy
I realise now i will never have a job offer in my life again.
I get rejected for minimum wage jobs and anyother job i am underqualified for.
Covid 19 i forget it now
The longer i am unemployed for the less employers will want me. 10 months i been unemployed since graduating
Soon next month it will.be 11.
The gap is too big

I am 23 never had a job..embrassed as i dont know many people with this issue my age.

I fucked up everyday i realise it now.

I am a graduate who has ruined everything
I am sorry
I just in a lot of pain ( sore gum from where my wisdom tooth got removed from)
I am sorry i have no one to talk to about this
I am.sorry if this post comes acorss as self centred.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus, kovkay, Paralyzed boy and 10 others
S

Sadkitty

Student
May 16, 2020
I understand a little. I have been out of work for a year last month. I'm terrified to work again especially with covid, I'm a nurse. But it seems like you were unsuccessful only in one position. I'm sure there is something else you'd be qualified for. It's very intimidating I know. I haven't been on an interview in 20 years! I'm not sure what I'm going to do but I hope you are able to try again. You've only just begun. I know everything feels their pain personally. And no one can make decisions for them.

Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I know i talked about this issue too much and sorry if i am being repetitive. This is the last
time i will talk about it . This is the biggest reason why i want to ctb. 6reasons why i want to the bus
2) I dont have a job and a partner i feel like this not a life worth living. I am sorry if this causes offence.
5) since graduating university i feel so lost and purposeless. I dont know what i want to do with my life .The pressure to have it all together is too much. The pressure mainly comes from me.

2 years ago when i was at university i was offered at random a saturday job in a church set up by someone as a youth worker .i turned it down due to fear of messing up.

at univesity which went awfully wrong. The placement was at a charity which involved advisimg people about thier problems on debt, employment etc .. i struggled with the advising sometimes collegues had to take over , clients walked out on me, i would be so incompetent which involved me asking for help all the time
After the placement i developed a fear of messing up, looking incomptent and being seen as needy
Covid 19 i forget it now
The longer i am unemployed for the less employers will want me. 10 months i been unemployed since graduating
The gap is too big

I am 23 never had a job..embrassed as i dont know many people with this issue my age.

I am sorry

When I had a employment gap I tried to keep it off CV by doing more courses or taking roles with charities nothing employers hate seeing more than a gap on CV unless you had accident or cancer. But in my country if you are on welfare payment the system allows you to do courses and apply for roles like those and keep looking for work. Trust me I've seen huge discrimination against people with unexplained gap on the CV my tenant was 2 years unemployed when I told him this and he got a job with the organisation that was part of his training on the course he started doing.

W

WhatIsMyLife

Experienced
Apr 22, 2020
I understand your pain completely. It can make you feel so helpless...

Have you tried volunteering? It doesn't have to be customer facing, it could just be sorting out donations... Gets something on your resume, and maybe a reference..

Reactions: Deleted member 94
puppy9

puppy9

au revoir
Jun 13, 2019
When I had a employment gap I tried to keep it off CV by doing more courses or taking roles with charities nothing employers hate seeing more than a gap on CV unless you had accident or cancer. But in my country if you are on welfare payment the system allows you to do courses and apply for roles like those and keep looking for work. Trust me I've seen huge discrimination against people with unexplained gap on the CV my tenant was 2 years unemployed when I told him this and he got a job with the organisation that was part of his training on the course he started doing.
I have about 9 years gap, damn I'm screwed. :'(

• Hugs
Reactions: Zebedee and Bct
Deleted member 94

Deleted member 94

Wizard
Mar 24, 2018
I know I guy who was 10 years without work same strategy worked for him. His now a care assistant and working towards being a nurse.

• Love
Reactions: MorticiasHair, puppy9, Bct and 1 other person
B

blalost

May 12, 2020
I have a 33 years gap. I'm 33 years old and have managed to never have had a real job, ever. I always lie about it to other people. But I don't lie here about how much of a failure I am. Recently I've been trying to get a job but had to fake most of my CV. I also dropped out of university because I couldn't handle working with other people, three times. I win the "who is the most worthless, biggest failure" contest. To be honest, I hate the idea of doing a difficult job, or of doing a job where I am dependent on other people to do it. I am trying now, but I'm sure my life is hopeless. I hope reading about how big of a loser I am makes you all feel better about yourselves.

• Aww..
Reactions: Zebedee, Grey-zone, MorticiasHair and 2 others
alizee

alizee

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2018
Your age being 23 doesn't factor into getting your first job.

Most people cannot guess the age of a person well enough to calculate it into the equation of hiring. They will likely think you're right out of high school and like the majority applying anywhere for entry jobs. In the pandemic economy almost everyone will need to send out hundreds of resumes and before even getting a few replies for in-person interviews.

I cannot really comment on anything else but the foregoing is definitely true. A few people missed a lot of the grief for finding an entry job (in the times when all you needed was walking into a store and shaking a managers hand). I never lived in those times but supposedly it was once reality and when individuals didn't need a university diploma for advertising themselves against others seeking minimum wage employment.

Life can be awful painful so I don't judge. My only suggestion would be continue sending out resumes while you contemplate your choice. I assume during the pandemic finding a job will be vastly more difficult than before. So mostly people will probably have more empathy for ones needing a job.

GravityUtilizer

GravityUtilizer

Born to lose
May 22, 2020
Hey just to say I relate to your six reasons why, except where I am on the ageing thing: my problem at 35 is more if I ever get another minimum wage job there's a good chance I'll have a supervisor ridiculously younger than me and it's getting embarrassing now. I did enjoy bar work in my 20s so maybe think about something like that when things open up again. I don't know.

FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
I have a 33 years gap. I'm 33 years old and have managed to never have had a real job, ever. I always lie about it to other people. But I don't lie here about how much of a failure I am. Recently I've been trying to get a job but had to fake most of my CV. I also dropped out of university because I couldn't handle working with other people, three times. I win the "who is the most worthless, biggest failure" contest. To be honest, I hate the idea of doing a difficult job, or of doing a job where I am dependent on other people to do it. I am trying now, but I'm sure my life is hopeless. I hope reading about how big of a loser I am makes you all feel better about yourselves.
@blalost
I am jealous of people who have no qualifications because they can start again. You can start again. Having qualifications is not all cracked up to be . Since graduating i am lost and dont know where i really belong

33 and never worked. I hope you find something. I am shocked you never hear of it.

dropping out of university is more common than you than think. I have a uni mate who dropped out of university twice.
She first studied nutrition then dropped out . She then studied paramedic science and then dropped out. She now has an online business

Such a shame society does not talk about it a much. What courses did you study?

You can start again
-Find a course you really like
- You have nothing to lose do you have children or a spouse. If no then you have nothing to lose

Please take care
Love FireFox

Reactions: MorticiasHair
B

blalost

May 12, 2020
@blalost
I am jealous of people who have no qualifications because they can start again. You can start again. Having qualifications is not all cracked up to be . Since graduating i am lost and dont know where i really belong

33 and never worked. I hope you find something. I am shocked you never hear of it.

dropping out of university is more common than you than think. I have a uni mate who dropped out of university twice.
She first studied nutrition then dropped out . She then studied paramedic science and then dropped out. She now has an online business

Such a shame society does not talk about it a much. What courses did you study?

You can start again
-Find a course you really like
- You have nothing to lose do you have children or a spouse. If no then you have nothing to lose

Please take care
Love FireFox

After all those bad experiences with university I really don't want to go back there anymore. Aside from that, I can't pay for living expenses and all the expenses associated with going to university anymore. My only options are to get a job, become homeless or kill myself. I'd rather kill myself than becoming homeless so that leaves:

- getting a job (that doesn't make me hate my life, with no qualifications and a totally fake CV) and
- killing myself.

Last edited:
  • Aww..
  • Hugs
Reactions: puppy9 and FireFox
FireFox

FireFox

Enlightened
Apr 8, 2020
After all those bad experiences with university I really don't want to go back there anymore. Aside from that, I can't pay for living expenses and all the expenses associated with going to university anymore. My only options are to get a job, become homeless or kill myself. I'd rather kill myself than becoming homeless so that leaves getting a job (that doesn't make me hate my life, with no qualifications and a totally fake CV) and killing myself.
[/QUOTE
@blalost
I live in the UK where do you live?
I hope everyone here has a happy ending. I want us all to have a happy ending

MorticiasHair

MorticiasHair

Jul 1, 2020

Covid 19 i forget it now
The gap is too big

I am sorry

this is just my personal opinion: I understand you completely and feel the same. 23 is not old. They say you're not an adult until you're 25. If I were you I would give myself a few more chances, it can be worth it. Don't rush into things!

Reactions: Brink
Theodora

Theodora

the phantom
Jun 25, 2020
I know how you feel I've had two jobs and I left and never came back ... this last one I had I literally walked out mid shift I couldn't handle it .. something is wrong with me

• Hugs
Reactions: TimeToBiteTheDust
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
I am a loser too. Started university at 19. I'm 27 and haven't graduated yet. Changed careers. Never have a girlfriend althought I am good-looking and have a good body I'm a stupid shy boy that only wants to be dead. Also I have health issues my main reason for ctb. This makes my day to day diffcult. I'm 27 and the only thing that I want is to be in a cementery and stop being a failure of a life. Everyday I can't believe I am still alive living this shitty life and see how I fucked up it all. Sometimes I want to stop feeling. I don't want to exist this is a torture. Wish I had a heart attack right now and die. Worst thing is my parents give me everything all the tools for me to have a great life and I fucked up everything. I was a man that could have everything he want I know that. I was very disciplined, determined but now with my fucked up unhealthy body the only thing that I want is to be dead and never wake up. You are not the only failures here. I prefer to be dead than to see how fucked up my life is. I don't want to be alive anymore. I try to give my best everyday anyway but it's so hard to stay. Every night I think of killing myself .

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Odd_Duck and Grey-zone
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
I am a loser too. Started university at 19. I'm 27 and haven't graduated yet. Changed careers. Never have a girlfriend althought I am good-looking and have a good body I'm a stupid shy boy that only wants to be dead. Also I have health issues my main reason for ctb. This makes my day to day diffcult. I'm 27 and the only thing that I want is to be in a cementery and stop being a failure of a life. Everyday I can't believe I am still alive living this shitty life and see how I fucked up it all. Sometimes I want to stop feeling. I don't want to exist this is a torture. Wish I had a heart attack right now and die. Worst thing is my parents give me everything all the tools for me to have a great life and I fucked up everything. I was a man that could have everything he want I know that. I was very disciplined, determined but now with my fucked up unhealthy body the only thing that I want is to be dead and never wake up. You are not the only failures here. I prefer to be dead than to see how fucked up my life is. I don't want to be alive anymore. I try to give my best everyday anyway but it's so hard to stay. Every night I think of killing myself .
Gahh! You sound like me. I did get a gf, although in some ways I regret it. I graduated college, after 7 years. And my, what a waste that was! I have very little job experience and I'm 29. I lived with my parents until the age of 28. I feel like I'm staring down a long dark hallway into middle age, wasting my youth with no other option. I had enough opportunity, but not enough mind to do anything with it.

Reactions: Odd_Duck
T

TimeToBiteTheDust

Visionary
Nov 7, 2019
Gahh! You sound like me. I did get a gf, although in some ways I regret it. I graduated college, after 7 years. And my, what a waste that was! I have very little job experience and I'm 29. I lived with my parents until the age of 28. I feel like I'm staring down a long dark hallway into middle age, wasting my youth with no other option. I had enough opportunity, but not enough mind to do anything with it.
You did better things in life than me. Hope that makes you feel better. And I know there's someone anywhere in a worse situation than mine and doesn't want to be dead. But that is what my mind tells me

Reactions: Grey-zone
Grey-zone

Grey-zone

Student
Feb 2, 2019
You did better things in life than me. Hope that makes you feel better. And I know there's someone anywhere in a worse situation than mine and doesn't want to be dead. But that is what my mind tells me
Not better, really. College was a major waste of time. I might have traveled and worked, built my confidence up as an independent adult. Didn't happen. I suppose I still can do that. My mind doesn't work that well either. It's a bit like your avatar--dealing with a messed-up head is like rolling boulders uphill, or, rather a dung-beetle Sisyphus.

D

Desideratum

Jun 8, 2020

Covid 19 i forget it now
The gap is too big

I am sorry
Try applying for work through an agency, become self employed or go into a field where they literally need you. As I got older I found it increasingly difficult to find employment. I did all the right things in interviews but sometimes they just don't like you, whether it be your appearance or vibe.

I always found it easier to get a job through an agency because they sell you. I started my own business and got a specialised qualification in a field where they need people.
I also went abroad and volunteered doing something I enjoy. Try that as others have suggested. It will build your confidence up too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odd_Duck
J

JoeFailure

Mage
Apr 29, 2019
I'm 35 and have never had sex apart from child sexual abuse if that puts me somewhere on the loser scale.

I've also bounced around from jobs because of ADHD and was just never really able to focus except for a job I had in special education. That was the only job I was ever good at, but the pay was awful.

Do you have any interests? Everything is relative and I don't know what else you're going through but just from the career perspective I would give anything to be 23 again and do this differently. You can start at the bottom anywhere and it's OK, just work your way up. Throw some ideas out here, I'm sure many here will have some perspectives and advice for you.

• Hugs
Reactions: Theodora
D

david1991

Aug 30, 2019
Totally understand how you feel its not your fault its because mental health has ruined your ability to have a job when we are depressed and anxious we are fucked for life we are just different from other people

Reactions: Some1's_Wasted_Fetus