• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

klonopindeath

klonopindeath

Apr 15, 2023
It seems the general consensus on ctb by laying on train tracks is "oh it's scary, high chance of you becoming a vegetable, and it traumatizes the driver"

that being said I don't really want to hear in the replies about how it traumatizes the driver. I already know.

I tried this method back in October and almost succeeded but the driver saw me and stopped before it could hit me.

I feel I can succeed in this method if I simply crouch at the side of the train tracks and then pop out and get into position when the train comes into view. I will lie down in a way that my neck is laying over one of the railings, and my pelvis is on top of the other railing.

I am doing it on Monday and I have no other choice, and I am not considering another methods. It's do or die with this method.
I don't know how far these trains go but I know they're very frequent - also, it's not at a station, it's in the middle of nowhere so unless the driver sees me the train should be going at a fast enough speed to kill me.

Any thoughts? Do you guys think I will succeed with this method? I'm really determined and hopeful that it will work.

• Hugs
Reactions: Gonnerr and Huntfish34
S

Someone123

Illuminated
Oct 19, 2021
A person who said he used to drive trains posted here and he said that he hit 14 people trying to ctb during his time and 10 died, for a 70% success rate- one took four days in the hospital to die though- he obviously didn't know all the details of how this turned out due to confidentiality. So this is one reference point. As far as lying your neck on the rail, many trains have devices to sweep things off the rails to try to keep the train from derailing, so this may not work. Every method has risks, ctb is a risky thing overall, and each person has to weigh for themselves the risk-reward for their own situation. The risk of very severe injuries and surviving is higher with this method than with most methods. I hope you find peace somehow.

• Hugs
  • Informative
Reactions: Huntfish34, redbathingduck, depressedlover and 2 others
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
If the train actually runs over your neck, I'd say that death is a done deal. It may be a messy deal, but a done deal, nonetheless. No train in the world can stop on a dime, so if you jump out last minute and manage to get your neck onto the tracks, chances of success are as near to 100% as you can get. Hope your SI doesn't kick-in and force you to get off the tracks at the last minute, but not allow you to get all the way off the tracks. Good luck if this is what you want to do.

• Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34
klonopindeath

klonopindeath

Apr 15, 2023
If the train actually runs over your neck, I'd say that death is a done deal. It may be a messy deal, but a done deal, nonetheless. No train in the world can stop on a dime, so if you jump out last minute and manage to get your neck onto the tracks, chances of success are as near to 100% as you can get. Hope your SI doesn't kick-in and force you to get off the tracks at the last minute, but not allow you to get all the way off the tracks. Good luck if this is what you want to do.
Thank you. My only problem is the cowcatcher - the large metal object in front of a lot of trains that prevents anything from getting to it. I read that there isn't any possible way for an entire neck to fit underneath that. Do you have any information on that?

I could definitely sit around and wait for a train to come just to see if it has a cowcatcher, then wait for the second one, as these trains are pretty frequent.
A person who said he used to drive trains posted here and he said that he hit 14 people trying to ctb during his time and 10 died, for a 70% success rate- one took four days in the hospital to die though- he obviously didn't know all the details of how this turned out due to confidentiality. So this is one reference point. As far as lying your neck on the rail, many trains have devices to sweep things off the rails to try to keep the train from derailing, so this may not work. Every method has risks, ctb is a risky thing overall, and each person has to weigh for themselves the risk-reward for their own situation. The risk of very severe injuries and surviving is higher with this method than with most methods. I hope you find peace somehow.
I've read that cowcatchers have become obsolete and most modern trains use sensors and cameras to detect if there's anything on the tracks. That being said, if I were to just wait around and then lie down, would they detect that and stop the train? Is there any way for them to stop the train that quickly?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Mäximum

Mäximum

All the effort for nothing...
Apr 5, 2023
I've read that cowcatchers have become obsolete and most modern trains use sensors and cameras to detect if there's anything on the tracks. That being said, if I were to just wait around and then lie down, would they detect that and stop the train? Is there any way for them to stop the train that quickly?
The duration of the time to stop a train depends on many factors. For example on the weight. If the train is heavy, then it need more time to stop of course. Are the traintracks wet or dry? If they are wet, it takes longer to stop. A train going at 220-320 km/h (~136-190 mph) needs about 1500-3000 m (~0.9-1.8 miles) to stop. So with these types of trains you will have enough time. A train going at 110–125 km/h (~68-77 mph) needs about 500 meters to 1 km (~0.3-0.6 miles) to completely stop. So i would say no. There isn't a way to stop a train in seconds.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: Huntfish34 and klonopindeath
locked*n*loaded

locked*n*loaded

Archangel
Apr 15, 2022
Thank you. My only problem is the cowcatcher - the large metal object in front of a lot of trains that prevents anything from getting to it. I read that there isn't any possible way for an entire neck to fit underneath that. Do you have any information on that?

I could definitely sit around and wait for a train to come just to see if it has a cowcatcher, then wait for the second one, as these trains are pretty frequent.
I'm really not sure how common they are, but I can tell you that in my area, I don't see them on engines. I can't remember when I last saw one, tbh. Maybe it's a "regional" kind of thing. I don't know. I can see, though, how that could pose a problem. The only other thing I could think of would be to lie in wait, in a more rural kind of area, in darkness, and at the right time, emerge from some brush, or wherever, and place your neck on the track underneath a rail car, some distance back from the engine. Should accomplish the same thing.

• Hugs
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
I don't feel confident that putting your neck on the rail and getting beheaded is instant, painless death - I've seen at least three videos of people getting beheaded and their eyes are still looking around for a few seconds afterward.
If I go by train (which I probably will) I plan to get down on all fours and have my head pointed towards the train, there's a level crossing an hour away from where I live where the trains fly by at 100+mph. Should be similar to landing headfirst from a multistory drop, speed-wise.
Skulls are pretty weak and easy to destroy with enough speed.

• Hugs
klonopindeath

klonopindeath

Apr 15, 2023
I don't feel confident that putting your neck on the rail and getting beheaded is instant, painless death - I've seen at least three videos of people getting beheaded and their eyes are still looking around for a few seconds afterward.
If I go by train (which I probably will) I plan to get down on all fours and have my head pointed towards the train, there's a level crossing an hour away from where I live where the trains fly by at 100+mph. Should be similar to landing headfirst from a multistory drop, speed-wise.
Skulls are pretty weak and easy to destroy with enough speed.
I'm not worried about death being instant or painless. Once I am dead it will not matter how gruesome it was - I'll be dead. I just need to ensure it works.

Do you know if being decapitated by a train is successful, though? Do you have any info/statistics on that?
I feel there is a big difference in success rate for jumping on train tracks versus laying on them.

• Hugs
Reactions: moya117, leavingsoon99 and Huntfish34
deathbydragon

deathbydragon

take me with you
Mar 17, 2022
I'm not worried about death being instant or painless. Once I am dead it will not matter how gruesome it was - I'll be dead. I just need to ensure it works.

Do you know if being decapitated by a train is successful, though? Do you have any info/statistics on that?
I feel there is a big difference in success rate for jumping on train tracks versus laying on them.
No stats but with the weight of the train, I can't see how a neck-on-rail wouldn't work. Unless you live in a super snowy area, there should be enough clearance.

L

leavingsoon99

I'm at peace... Finally.
Mar 16, 2023
Well...

If you're serious about this method, and have the fortitude to go through with it... YOU'VE GOT SOME BIG BALLS!!! I mean, in terms of rating it's success rate... 10/10. Neck on the rail? I'd imagine you wouldn't feel anything if you're positioned in such a way. I don't know, I guess... 8/10.

Hey, I wish you all the best and as painless of a transition as this method can offer. Good luck.