Butterflyshadow

Butterflyshadow

Student
Nov 19, 2020
Do you know what are the biological process and reactions, after take the SN, wich make you ctb?

NodusTollens

NodusTollens

Nov 17, 2020
You could find answers if you try reading stan's guide or using the search feature to find answers.

Reactions: Wrennie
Frauw

Frauw

Nothing lasts
Oct 31, 2020
It just makes it so your red blood cells can't carry oxygen

Reactions: Wrennie and Butterflyshadow
Oh_dear_how_Gastly

Oh_dear_how_Gastly

*clutches pearls*
Apr 30, 2020
Yes. The nitrite changes hemoglobin, the molecule that picks up oxygen at the lungs and carries it throughout the body, to methemoglobin via a reversible oxidation reaction. The heme iron is oxidized forming ferric iron, which cannot bind to oxygen. The body has a process which reverses this reaction but the sheer amount of nitrite totally overwhelms that system and it cannot reverse this oxidation quickly enough to keep your levels of methemoglobin low. When you have a high percentage of methemoglobin, that means a high percentage of your blood cells can't even bind to oxygen. Without oxygen our tissues die. So this is a death by hypoxia, as stated in many places.

Edit: If I got anything wrong, feel free to correct me I am not omniscient and will not be offended

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Wrennie, Timectb40, NegativeSymptoms and 2 others
Butterflyshadow

Butterflyshadow

Student
Nov 19, 2020
Yes. The nitrite changes hemoglobin, the molecule that picks up oxygen at the lungs and carries it throughout the body, to methemoglobin via a reversible oxidation reaction. The heme iron is oxidized forming ferric iron, which cannot bind to oxygen. The body has a process which reverses this reaction but the sheer amount of nitrite totally overwhelms that system and it cannot reverse this oxidation quickly enough to keep your levels of methemoglobin low. When you have a high percentage of methemoglobin, that means a high percentage of your blood cells can't even bind to oxygen. Without oxygen our tissues die. So this is a death by hypoxia, as stated in many places.

Edit: If I got anything wrong, feel free to correct me I am not omniscient and will not be offended
Thank you :)
Very kind

T

Timectb40

Jan 14, 2021
SN is the way to go...just need to determine with Antacid to use...I have Tums but I keep reading that Tagamet is recommended...what do you all think ?

Reactions: Wrennie
Wrennie

Wrennie

-
Dec 18, 2019
SN is the way to go...just need to determine with Antacid to use...I have Tums but I keep reading that Tagamet is recommended...what do you all think ?
I know of one other member that used Tums but she complained of significant stomach pain from SN (moreso than usual) so I'd recommend going with Tagamet instead.

Reactions: Timectb40