• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Sans

Sans

Discord: inkwell_sans
Oct 2, 2019
Well, I made a thread almost exactly like this just a month ago, but I've got a method in mind that may not be foolproof, but it will hopefully require minimal materials to set up.

I'm wondering how feasible it would be to go outside during a lightning storm and hold a big metal rod to the sky.

I know the chances of being struck are relatively low, but I'd imagine that's not taking into account any measures I may take to increase the chances (going out in an open space holding a metal rod.) Does anybody know what my chances of getting hit would be in any given night?

I am also aware that those who get struck by lightning have a relatively high survival rate (about 90%) and given my shitty luck with everything else in life, I'd probably end up in severe pain and getting to live through it all. Then again, I'd imagine that my chance of dying would be better if I got struck more than once? Two times? How about three times? I don't have a lot of knowledge about this subject, so I'm wondering if anyone else would know more.

Reactions: hʚll, Makko and YourNeighbor
S

slyna

Student
Jul 30, 2021
If you do this it has to be far from any city given that cities have several defense stations piled up just for anti-lightning

Reactions: Sans
Makko

Makko

Iä!
Jan 17, 2021
Sounds like a pretty exciting way to die.

• Yay!
Reactions: Socrates Respecter and Sans
Y

YourNeighbor

Arcanist
Jul 22, 2021
Was thinking about this the other day. In Bangladesh recently 17 people at a wedding party were killed by lightning.

A hand-held metal rod might not do much unless you are in a large clearing, perhaps on a hill or mountain, or on water. Scientists trigger lightning strikes quite regularly by firing little model rockets with metal wires attached into storm clouds. That might be the best approach. The high survival rate I suspect is because most people struck by lightning are only struck by a small branch of the bolt or are close enough to the strike to get some collateral electricity. If the bolt goes through you, I don't imagine survival rates would be high, but that would take some engineering to ensure.

Reactions: siray, settheory and Sans
Hattywacky

Hattywacky

Wrong side of average
May 9, 2021
last airbender avatar GIF

You've got to feel the flow… man that'd be so dope.

Reactions: Sans
BeyondGoodNEvil

BeyondGoodNEvil

Jun 22, 2020
I am also aware that those who get struck by lightning have a relatively high survival rate (about 90%) and given my shitty luck with everything else in life, I'd probably end up in severe pain and getting to live through it all. Then again, I'd imagine that my chance of dying would be better if I got struck more than once? Two times? How about three times? I don't have a lot of knowledge about this subject, so I'm wondering if anyone else would know more.
funny u say three times cause theirs actually a guy who survived 7 times hit by lighting https://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/most-lightning-strikes-survived
so you say got shit luck when it comes dying but atleast you have a chance of beating the world record

Reactions: Bedrock48
GenesAndEnvironment

GenesAndEnvironment

Autistic loser
Jan 26, 2021
I'm shocked that anyone would want to die in this way, makes me want to storm out of the thread.

• Yay!
Reactions: Bedrock48, Sans and Midgardsorm
Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
This is possibly the least reliable or predictable method. While I do know someone that was killed by lightning, it was a complete accident and they suffered in the hospital a week before passing.