• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

Jayxtri

Jayxtri

Student
Mar 6, 2019
Most of the people who were near death from drowning recall it as a pleasant experience. The panic and SI is a bad experience but once they let go they gulp water and fall unconscious with a feeling of euphoria. Almost all of the survivors say that it was not painful at all. What do you think is the truth??

Reactions: MeaningDork, Arian98, Lifeisatrap and 3 others
E

Efem

Feb 10, 2019
I've heard of it being very painful, but I've also heard that if you were to drown, you should try to inhale as much water as possible as quickly as possible to pass out. So basically one massive inhale.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, throwaway777 and vaulthunter
Jiva

Jiva

I want ...
Nov 18, 2018
I afraid a panic. It is the general problem with every self killing way. But in combination with drowning it is much stronger for me.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, vaulthunter and Spiko
Stella78

Stella78

Apr 4, 2019
I guess everyone's different but drowning definitely wouldn't be on my top 10 ways to end it all.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, vaulthunter, Spiko and 2 others
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't really find it pleasant at all, especially with the SI kicking in at full force and my body involuntarily gasping for air just to survive. I have low pain and discomfort tolerance so I often choose methods that result in an instant or near instant death (firearm, jumping, inert gases, etc.).

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, vaulthunter, Psilo and 1 other person
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
Owh. This is the last thing you wanna do. I believe everyone tried gulping in water when they went for swimming right? Even me myself tried once breathed in a very small amount of water into my nose and then it end up badly. I coughed and coughed, sneezing and sneezing and the feeling isn't plesent at all.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and Psilo
N

nooo2

Jan 22, 2019
I've drowned once before when I was 12 years old. I remember my lungs burning really badly and just blackness and peacefulness after that, ever since then I've had many dreams about that same experience, I can feel the burning in my dreams and then blackness. But I don't think I could do it since the survival instinct is really strong.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, vaulthunter and Psilo
S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
Yes. Also had a near death drowning experience after a lifeguard convinced me to jump into a very deep pool when I was younger even though he knew I couldn't swim.

Didn't experience pain. Just discomfort and panic.

Reactions: nadia225, Lifeisatrap, vaulthunter and 1 other person
Superfluous

Superfluous

Mar 16, 2019
I've drowned once before when I was 12 years old. I remember my lungs burning really badly and just blackness and peacefulness after that, ever since then I've had many dreams about that same experience, I can feel the burning in my dreams and then blackness. But I don't think I could do it since the survival instinct is really strong.
May I ask whether your experience was in the sea or a swimming pool? Just wondering whether there would be a difference regarding the burning experience. This method is one of my backup plans.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and throwaway777
P

Psilo

Arcanist
Dec 29, 2018
Most of the people who were near death from drowning recall it as a pleasant experience. The panic and SI is a bad experience but once they let go they gulp water and fall unconscious with a feeling of euphoria. Almost all of the survivors say that it was not painful at all. What do you think is the truth??
I don't think drowning is painful, but it is psychologically extremely overwhelming.

Any method involving straight forward air supply will trigger SI. This will cause you to gasp for air, no matter how much you want to die, your body will start convulsing to make you aware you need to get air.

It is extremely traumatizing! And I don't see how you can feel euphoric while your air supply is cut.

The SN method for example imho is probably more what an euphoric death could look like.
Because that method doesn't cut air supply, but your blood cells will simply be less effective supplying oxygen to the brain, etc... Thus less oxygen is carried.
This will cause your brain to shut down progressively.

At least thats what I believe.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap
Thin Chew

Thin Chew

世界以痛吻我 要我报之以歌
Mar 3, 2019
May I ask whether your experience was in the sea or a swimming pool? Just wondering whether there would be a difference regarding the burning experience. This method is one of my backup plans.
Sea water contains salt, alot of it. So I think drowning in sea is way more suffering than swimming pool water

S

Santiago

Mage
Mar 25, 2018
I don't think drowning is painful, but it is psychologically extremely overwhelming.

Any method involving straight forward air supply will trigger SI. This will cause you to gasp for air, no matter how much you want to die, your body will start convulsing to make you aware you need to get air.

It is extremely traumatizing! And I don't see how you can feel euphoric while your air supply is cut.

The SN method for example imho is probably more what an euphoric death could look like.
Because that method doesn't cut air supply, but your blood cells will simply be less effective supplying oxygen to the brain, etc... Thus less oxygen is carried.
This will cause your brain to shut down progressively.

At least thats what I believe.

This really described my experience well. Just a lot of panic and extreme grasping for air which feels really uncomfortable.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap, JohnUK and Psilo
J

J F

Aug 17, 2018
I tried it a while ago. Didn't plan it out right though. Put rocks in the pockets of my jacket and went in the ocean. Not enough rocks. I didn't sink. Plus I didn't take that big gulp of water you are supposed to take after submerging yourself. I was too afraid of the pain.

I would do it again if I had to. This time do it right. Get a little relaxed with benzos and booze and take some Propranolol with verapamil to get my blood pressure dangerously low, go in the water, go underwater, take that big gulp of water, hopefully the benzos booze Propranolol and verapamil I took will relax me enough or put me in near unconscious that the pain of that big gulp will be easier to overcome.

Just a thought.

Reactions: Lifeisatrap and throwaway777
H

hegesias

Apr 4, 2019
I would never try this.

Reactions: Sick of it all and Lifeisatrap
P

Peacelove44

Oct 30, 2018
I tried it a while ago. Didn't plan it out right though. Put rocks in the pockets of my jacket and went in the ocean. Not enough rocks. I didn't sink. Plus I didn't take that big gulp of water you are supposed to take after submerging yourself. I was too afraid of the pain.

I would do it again if I had to. This time do it right. Get a little relaxed with benzos and booze and take some Propranolol with verapamil to get my blood pressure dangerously low, go in the water, go underwater, take that big gulp of water, hopefully the benzos booze Propranolol and verapamil I took will relax me enough or put me in near unconscious that the pain of that big gulp will be easier to overcome.

Just a thought.
I plan quite the same stuff. Drinking a bit on the seashore then swimming in the middle of the ocean. I will take some benzo with me (45mg xanax) and hopefully turn unconscious before drowning. Any advices or tips?

D

deathenvoy

Experienced
Mar 29, 2019
I was drowning when I was kid. At first it was scary but then I stopped fighting and fell peace and heard calming sound of water while drifting into unconsciousness. Some guy saved me.

pennyworth

pennyworth

Jun 26, 2019
You can drown, but this not mean that you really gonna die, 'cause have a big chance of fail. You can have a lot of consequences, and this will be worse than die... because of the limitations that you could go through.

Reactions: Sick of it all
Soul

Soul

gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi svaha
Apr 12, 2019
There's a detailed report of a drowning attempt in the "list of resources" near the top of this forum.