• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
Obviously not involving anyone else: every time I drive I think about it… any ideas.

Worndown

Worndown

Visionary
Mar 21, 2019
If your car is early 1990's or older, maybe it works.
Newer cars are so damned safe that people can easily survive terrible crashes.
You have a greater chance of being injured with medical bills and legal problems.

Reactions: delayedcactus, SMmetalhead36, DyingToDie123 and 1 other person
S

sadone2122

Oct 25, 2023
If your car is early 1990's or older, maybe it works.
Newer cars are so damned safe that people can easily survive terrible crashes.
You have a greater chance of being injured with medical bills and legal problems.
I have a super "safe" car fml. I have a 2008 Volvo xc90. Maybe I could borrow a friends car that's from like the 80s or 90d but I don't want them to live with guilt

LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
I wish my death could be just passed off as anything but a suicide.

"Oh, he died in a car crash recently." Sounds much better than "Oh, he killed himself recently."

• Hugs
Reactions: delayedcactus, donewithlife1, scattymessyhuman and 3 others
Wigamoo

Wigamoo

silly girl inna silly world
Oct 11, 2023
I was literally just thinking about it as i was driving home today lol

Reactions: SMmetalhead36
DyingToDie123

DyingToDie123

she/her
Oct 25, 2023
I used to think about this. High chance of survival imo. I read an article that the number of suicides by car crashes is likely highly underestimated because unless they leave a note it's impossible to know what happened.

Reactions: delayedcactus
LikeAPendulum

LikeAPendulum

Aug 25, 2022
Hell, even with a modern "safe" car, you'd have to kamikaze it at race car speeds for some 96% chance of death.

There's a recent story about drunk driver who sped a Lamborghini beyond 100 mph , flipped the car and crashed. The passenger died but somehow the drunk survived. They even got out of the hospital and managed to flee the country.

Last edited:
mertvets

mertvets

if only
Nov 6, 2023
i've played with the idea before. i would make some modifications first

- disable, remove or preemptively triggering airbags, including side ones
- remove any sensors to prevent potential automatic emergency braking systems from engaging (applies to very modern cars)

as well as

- disable ESP/ESC, in a lot of cars this can be done with the press of a button
- not wearing a seatbelt

though crumple zones and rollcages are your enemy...

at the end i feel like it just comes down to speed. my personal car should reach up to 270 kmh (170 mph), which i think is guaranteed death, especially with the drastically lowered safety.

but honestly i'm just thinking out loud, it's getting late

• Hugs
Reactions: yonise4
S

scattymessyhuman

Nov 5, 2023
The book 'Looking for Alaska' by John Green involves a main character dying by car accident but the other main character can't be sure if it was suicide. It is one of my all time favourite books. Definitely recommend.

H

hunyen420

Nov 4, 2023
Obviously not involving anyone else: every time I drive I think about it… any ideas.
For best success, if you are able to drive off of a high place into a ditch, as long as you are going either fast enough or fall enough to the point of death on impact you should be fine, but always consider if not, legal issues and etc.
My uncle drove mistakenly off a barrier, fell over 200ft into a ravine, survived & airlifted. So it really depends on what type of car and where you do it