• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

miu

miu

fading innocence
Apr 27, 2023
My brother's birthday is in the middle of May. I was planning on CTB'ing as soon as possible (likely before his birthday).
In a way, I feel like this should be an obvious choice because I love my brother a lot; he's one of the kindest souls and has a heart of gold. Everyone loves him. He's smart, charismatic, witty and especially considerate of others.
My brother and I are polar opposites despite looking alike, but we practically share the same braincell whenever we hang out.

It makes me a bit sad typing this because even though I enjoy being around him, this is something I need to do for the sake of my own future. I know he has a bright future ahead of him, and I don't want him to associate his birthday with my suicide to top with the trauma. Also, given that he's 16 makes him especially vulnerable to this.. god, I don't know. It's going to mess him up either way. Can someone please share me insight of their own experiences?

• Hugs
Reactions: loopdaloop and Dead Meat
bluville

bluville

Nov 30, 2022
Hm, yeah that's a tough one. At the end of the day its your choice and CTB should be for you for before anyone else. But to be brutally honest I would say that doing it in his birthday month would almost definitely have a lasting impact. It would regardless, but around his birthday would add to it. Personally, I would hold it off for a bit

Reactions: soolka, ikadasui, loopdaloop and 2 others
MildlyBetter

MildlyBetter

🙂
Apr 17, 2023
I think that you should make that decision based on when you yourself are ready, not for others, but in cases like this I would say to try and hang on as long as possible till a bit after his birthday, it would suck to ruin what would probably be an otherwise happy date for him.

Reactions: loopdaloop and miu
FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
After all, only you can decide what you should do. It's a completely personal decision. Nobody is obligated to delay their inevitable fate and the fact is that grief and loss are just a part of existing here, I think that death would upset people at any time but the fact is that we all have to die and lose everything someday.

EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
My brother's birthday is in the middle of May. I was planning on CTB'ing as soon as possible (likely before his birthday).
In a way, I feel like this should be an obvious choice because I love my brother a lot; he's one of the kindest souls and has a heart of gold. Everyone loves him. He's smart, charismatic, witty and especially considerate of others.
My brother and I are polar opposites despite looking alike, but we practically share the same braincell whenever we hang out.

It makes me a bit sad typing this because even though I enjoy being around him, this is something I need to do for the sake of my own future. I know he has a bright future ahead of him, and I don't want him to associate his birthday with my suicide to top with the trauma. Also, given that he's 16 makes him especially vulnerable to this.. god, I don't know. It's going to mess him up either way. Can someone please share me insight of their own experiences?
It sounds like you place a lot of value on his well-being too. Individual autonomy is the whole idea here, so if part of your own autonomy is wanting to choose things that will leave him happy, then maybe it is worth it to hold off a bit, and while you are at it do something cool for his birthday he'll remember fondly one way or another. It seems like that would give you more peace of mind. No pressure of course, just something to consider.

I think it's really cool you are trying to be that kind of a sibling, for what it's worth. I've never had that great of a relationship with my siblings. It's okay I suppose, but nothing special. I wish I had a sibling more like you. 😅

• Love
Reactions: miu
m1v

m1v

Eternal flower fields
Feb 27, 2023
I have a similar situation, and the first thing that went through my mind is: I don't want to traumatize them even more than I already am. I think it'll be better to enjoy your last moment with him on his birthday and then proceed to go in the following days. Again, that's a choice only you know, I wish the best for you and your family. Stay safe.

• Love
prtsn

prtsn

Apr 16, 2023
i dont mean to sound rude, but either way is going to hurt people around you. The decision should come only from you, when you feel is right to do it.

miu

miu

fading innocence
Apr 27, 2023
It sounds like you place a lot of value on his well-being too. Individual autonomy is the whole idea here, so if part of your own autonomy is wanting to choose things that will leave him happy, then maybe it is worth it to hold off a bit, and while you are at it do something cool for his birthday he'll remember fondly one way or another. It seems like that would give you more peace of mind. No pressure of course, just something to consider.

I think it's really cool you are trying to be that kind of a sibling, for what it's worth. I've never had that great of a relationship with my siblings. It's okay I suppose, but nothing special. I wish I had a sibling more like you. 😅

I have a similar situation, and the first thing that went through my mind is: I don't want to traumatize them even more than I already am. I think it'll be better to enjoy your last moment with him on his birthday and then proceed to go in the following days. Again, that's a choice only you know, I wish the best for you and your family. Stay safe.

i don't think you two realize just how much this means to me. thank you both so much. i immediately teared up when i read this. it's a dilemma that's been distressing me for a week now, and this is exactly what i needed to hear. i'll hold on for a little longer and be there with him while i still can - thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

• Love
Reactions: EmpathyMinded and m1v
EmpathyMinded

EmpathyMinded

Student
May 1, 2023
i don't think you two realize just how much this means to me. thank you both so much. i immediately teared up when i read this. it's a dilemma that's been distressing me for a week now, and this is exactly what i needed to hear. i'll hold on for a little longer and be there with him while i still can - thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
You're most welcome, glad I could help in some way. Giving advice in a general way isn't so different from battling depression: it's a stumbling in the dark, hoping you find the right path. I can't ever know I'm saying what someone needs to hear, I just follow my heart and hope it guides me and them to the right place. Would love to hear how things go for the birthday later if you feel like sharing. No pressure of course.

SpiderLink

SpiderLink

they/them
Apr 3, 2023

For me, it would have to be a couple months before their birthday. Or after their birthday, so they can at least enjoy their birthday. It's tough.