DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
I mean, I am just tired, even though i am still young. I feel like I've lived ten lives and in am tired. I imagine the necessity of having to do something every day for decades. And I feel so lazy.
I mean, I don't enjoy life, or living as a process, and the more I live , the less appeal life has. But the amount of effort that I've got to put in just to go on is growing somehow.

I enjoyed being drunk. In fact the only pleasant memories I've got are from being drunk. But I am completely unproductive when drinking. Even less so than when I am sober so I can't make a living and drink at the same time, alas. I'd like to drink quietly in a dark room and read books and not be bothered and just talk to myself. But one has to do something to be able to subsist. And I just don't feel like I want to. Too much effort for nothing really. Like Even getting out of bed is a feat.

I'd probably enjoy heroin, even though I haven't tried it, but from what I've read, it's good. Drift away in blissful oblivion. But heroin isn't free either. So to get this kind of oblivion one needs to do something, and I just don't feel like doing anything. Too much effort....

And no, I am not depressed in the clinical sense. I am not even sad really. I am just so tired and lazy.... damn it
Anyone feels the same way?

And when you feel this way, thoughts of death, with its promise of peace and quitness and no more burden of having to exist fill up my mind and a smile appears on my face. Death seems to be a kind old friend that was waiting for me patiently. And when I call for her, it is mercy and calm that she will bring.

How can I resist the kind summon of an old friend promising liberation from memories and thoughts and matter and time itself....

The locked room of my head is so solipsistic. And Kafkaesque terrors lurk in it. And all I have to do to open the room is to call for death.

How can I resist? How can you?

Last edited:
  • Love
  • Hugs
Reactions: Ulisses, Ἡγησίας, mahakaliSS_MahaDurga and 7 others
S

Spitfire

Enlightened
Apr 26, 2020
I am tired.

This is part of it for me as well. It would be enough of a reason for me to go through with it too, should I let it.

Reactions: DominusWreck
J

JackieInTheBox

Sep 24, 2020
I get tired of feeling lazy... odd. But I'm too lazy to do anything about it. It's another good reason for wanting to CTB too.

Reactions: DominusWreck
Mr2005

Mr2005

Don't shoot the messenger, give me the gun
Sep 25, 2018
I was too lazy to even try to fix it. I was ready for retirement once I left school

Reactions: Cutepoison, Cowtipper and DominusWreck
DominusWreck

DominusWreck

BloodRider666
Aug 2, 2020
I was too lazy to even try to fix it. I was ready for retirement once I left school
Well spoken! And now i am ready for death, I think. Nice and quick

Reactions: Cowtipper
H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
I mean, I am just tired, even though i am still young. I feel like I've lived ten lives and in am tired. I imagine the necessity of having to do something every day for decades. And I feel so lazy.
I mean, I don't enjoy life, or living as a process, and the more I live , the less appeal life has. But the amount of effort that I've got to put in just to go on is growing somehow.

I enjoyed being drunk. In fact the only pleasant memories I've got are from being drunk. But I am completely unproductive when drinking. Even less so than when I am sober so I can't make a living and drink at the same time, alas. I'd like to drink quietly in a dark room and read books and not be bothered and just talk to myself. But one has to do something to be able to subsist. And I just don't feel like I want to. Too much effort for nothing really. Like Even getting out of bed is a feat.

I'd probably enjoy heroin, even though I haven't tried it, but from what I've read, it's good. Drift away in blissful oblivion. But heroin isn't free either. So to get this kind of oblivion one needs to do something, and I just don't feel like doing anything. Too much effort....

And no, I am not depressed in the clinical sense. I am not even sad really. I am just so tired and lazy.... damn it

And when you feel this way, thoughts of death, with its promise of peace and quitness and no more burden of having to exist fill up my mind and a smile appears on my face. Death seems to be a kind old friend that was waiting for me patiently. And when I call for her, it is mercy and calm that she will bring.

How can I resist the kind summon of an old friend promising liberation from memories and thoughts and matter and time itself....

The locked room of my head is so solipsistic. And Kafkaesque terrors lurk in it. And all I have to do to open the room is to call for death.

Create a go fund me campaign, live stream and every time someone donates 50 bucks have a beer. Get paid to get drunk on cam. Problem solved. Your welcome.

Reactions: Spitfire
GoodPersonEffed

GoodPersonEffed

Brevity is my middle name, but my name was TL
Jan 11, 2020
Create a go fund me campaign, live stream and every time someone donates 50 bucks have a beer. Get paid to get drunk on cam. Problem solved. Your welcome.

Actually, I think Patreon would be a more fitting platform, or PayPal. But other than that, good idea!

H

HadEnough1974

I try to be funny...
Jan 14, 2020
Actually, I think Patreon would be a more fitting platform, or PayPal. But other than that, good idea!

Yup, I agree!!! Anyone else needs a solution to their problems? Think outside the box. Or, lock yourself in the box and burn some charcoal.

G

Ghost2211

Archangel
Jan 20, 2020
You say tired a lot. Are you sure what you're thinking is laziness isn't exhaustion?

snowman626

snowman626

Mage
Jan 28, 2019
im currently NEET and hikikomori but i dont think its cause of laziness. im willing to work, but only if it doesnt involve human interaction and its something i can do in my room on the computer. on mturk you can earn a few bucks a day doing surveys and other HITs, but unfortunately work is limitet. but if work was unlimited id be willing to sit there 10hrs a day doing them. im just unwilling to work a real job where id have to deal with stupid human interaction and drama. so im not lazy, im willing to work if the job fits my criteria.

• Love
Reactions: JackieInTheBox and demuic
not4us

not4us

Experienced
Sep 21, 2019
I would call it rationality.
Surviving for the sake of surviving is pointless when you don't enjoy living.

Reactions: Marauder, Leshen and demuic
L

Leshen

Oct 31, 2018
Yep, life requires so much effort for little to no reward. And it's all pointless in the end as we die anyway. I could suffer through another 30 years of this bullshit or ctb tomorrow and it's all the same. I'll be dead and forgotten no matter what - productive, lazy, good, bad, it's doesn't matter in the slightest.

• Hugs
Reactions: JackieInTheBox, Homecoming, Silver and 1 other person
Silver

Silver

The 21st century is when everything changes
Aug 8, 2020
DominusWreck said:
You could still have depression without feeling sad.

The information from this link is interesting; such as

People think of depression as really bad sadness, but it's actually much more complicated. To be diagnosed with depression, a person has to have several (but not all) of the symptoms from a diagnostic list outlined in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual (DSM). Sadness is one of these symptoms, but it is possible to have enough other symptoms on the list to be depressed and yet not feel sad.

The list of depression symptoms includes:

• Lack of interest or pleasure in anything
  • Significant increase or decrease in eating
  • Insomnia or over-sleeping
  • Restlessness or being slowed down physically
  • Fatigue or low energy
  • Feelings of worthlessness or excessive guilt
  • Inability to think, concentrate, or make decisions
  • Suicidal thoughts or attempts
  • Lack of enjoyment or interest in previously enjoyed activities
  • Feeling hopeless, empty, or pessimistic

If you read the link, it also says people might not feel sadness as a symptom if instead they feel numb or angry, or if an addiction is masking it.

It is easy to judge ourselves as being 'lazy' when society is quick to do so (I am seen as lazy too). Sometimes just being expected to do something and knowing you can't do it, produces a kind of overwhelmed feeling that is seen by others as being lazy because you're not doing as expected, when in fact it's just not being able to cope with what is being asked of you.

Last edited:
Reactions: NextSummer, CuddleHug, JackieInTheBox and 2 others
W

WhiteHeavenSeeker14

Sep 21, 2020

Get your blood levels checked. B12 deficiency can be a bitch

Reactions: Sinkinshyp
Red

Red

Warlock
Apr 10, 2019
I would but I can't be arsed...

Can someone please list all the painless ways to ctb with step by step instructions?:pfff:

O

ophiastri

Sep 17, 2020
There are times where there is the option to do something, and we can say "no I don't really want to take responsibility." That is sometimes a valid flaw and something we can work on. Sometimes we can be accountable and do need to push a bit harder.

HOWEVER, I strongly believe that a lot of the times we use the word "lazy" there are many other things at play, and we are vastly oversimplifying it. It is likely not just a simple "choice" of being able to do things or not as if it were the difference between taking a left path vs the right path on a road. It is not that easy for some of us.

I feel like it could be possible some of us have a weaker free will/agency, and it can get further amplified by anxiety, depression, or other factors that may be either overt or covert. We don't understand everything happening in our subconscious. I hope that someday we will be able to understand more of the things that contribute to this with compassion and empathy, instead of using it as grounds to insult, demean, or belittle people.

Surely learned helplessness is also sometimes involved. There were experiments decades ago where they gave shocks to groups of dogs. One group's shocks were linked to what another group did and they felt like it was out of their control. When they introduced to this group the ability to jump over a barrier to escape it, the dogs that were taught their actions didn't matter would just lay there taking the shocks and whimpering. They had more or less given up and still would not take actions that would make their situation better when they had the "choice" to.

I just don't know why we always have to frame everything as an insult or a reason to look down on people. :mmm:

Reactions: Silver