• Hey Guest,

If you want to donate, we have a thread with updated donation options here at this link: About Donations

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
It's been some time since I've legitimately considered ending it rather than just having fantasies and ideation. I think that time is coming.

I've given it a fair shot. Tried several different jobs, the meds, got a relationship to the finish line. . . it's not enough for someone as broken and useless as me.

I was up working until 5 AM. Now back at the office at 10:30 and I'll stay until 6:30. The thing is, what I was working on shouldn't have taken so much time, but even though I had billed about 20 hours on the project before last night, I'd probably actually done 2-3 hours of work, so I had to make up for it. I can't stay focused and maintain drive. I've shown it time and time again, and the world doesn't slow down or accomodate me.

I seriously don't think a single person understands the mental block I have and get. It's always okay for a few months but then I lose interest as the reality sets in that "succeeding" means doing the same repetitive bullshit for 50 years. What's the motivation? I'm just pushing myself to my limit to barely survive.

I've tried and tried. The balance of good to bad is just so lopsided. I've said it was worth it for my love, but I'm so tired I can't enjoy the time away from work. And that will always happen. There's no break, no rest, no relief on the horizon.

So, yeah, time to start more seriously considering it. If for no other reason as an act of defiance, telling this life 'you can't fire me, I quit!'

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Sylveon, eatantz, noreallynotmarcy and 8 others
leavingthesoultrap

leavingthesoultrap

(ᴗ_ ᴗ。)
Nov 25, 2023
In my experience it's all or nothing in this world. If you can't keep up with the requested pace and hours you are done. It's sad that there's not enough variety of work options. It's either you work as everyone else or you get rejected and your only option is disability check. But not everyone is lucky enough to qualify for it

Reactions: Hollowman, mikgazer6, DefinitelyReady and 2 others
DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
In my experience it's all or nothing in this world. If you can't keep up with the requested pace and hours you are done. It's sad that there's not enough variety of work options. It's either you work as everyone else or you get rejected and your only option is disability check. But not everyone is lucky enough to qualify for it
But you've been optimistic this week haven't you? Tried stimulants to focus? Hospitalization?

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
But you've been optimistic this week haven't you? Tried stimulants to focus? Hospitalization?
Assuming you meant to respond to me: this was earlier last week. Funny enough before my car accident. I ended up feeling better later in the week.

DefinitelyReady

DefinitelyReady

Why, do the birds, go on singing??
Mar 14, 2024
Assuming you meant to respond to me: this was earlier last week. Funny enough before my car accident. I ended up feeling better later in the week.
Oh sure, think every post is about you...

Yeah whoops. It was meant for you. I noticed it was posted on Tues, almost a week ago. So yeah I was confused and hoped you weren't just faking/masking all week🤷‍♀️ I remember having ac probs. Idk if you're a renter but you have rights! That shit has to be fixed. Just having to ride for appts last year with a weirdo woman driver who I didn't have the balls to have her turn up the ac, was enough hell for me. I would bring a frozen water bottle and put it in a pillowcase behind my neck, or freeze water in a ziploc bag and lay it in a pillowcase across my legs or behind my back. Ridiculous what passive people will do because their anxiety rules them... only when pushed can they do something. Sad.

Reactions: derpyderpins
T

Traveller12724

Student
May 14, 2024
Okay so if the job is the only issue, then if you can't find excitement in it, why don't you try finding the excitement outside the job and just use the job to finance whatever excitement you can find outside the job, whether it's hobbies, women, or whatever, there surely must be something that excites outside the job

derpyderpins

derpyderpins

Accentuate the Positive
Sep 19, 2023
Oh sure, think every post is about you...

Yeah whoops. It was meant for you. I noticed it was posted on Tues, almost a week ago. So yeah I was confused and hoped you weren't just faking/masking all week🤷‍♀️ I remember having ac probs. Idk if you're a renter but you have rights! That shit has to be fixed. Just having to ride for appts last year with a weirdo woman driver who I didn't have the balls to have her turn up the ac, was enough hell for me. I would bring a frozen water bottle and put it in a pillowcase behind my neck, or freeze water in a ziploc bag and lay it in a pillowcase across my legs or behind my back. Ridiculous what passive people will do because their anxiety rules them... only when pushed can they do something. Sad.
AC working again as of yesterday, thankfully. Lessons for first-time homeowners lol.

• Informative
Reactions: DefinitelyReady