A

Arnie

Jan 29, 2021
Hi all.

I'd like to know if people have experienced their banks rejecting DEBIT card purchases of Cryptocurrency through the trading exchanges, or funding Cryptocurrency accounts (again through the exchanges) via bank transfer. If so, is it just simply a situation that can be resolved by calling the bank (to confirm it's you ect) ?

I'm aware there's an outright ban on credit card purchases with some companies, so no phone call would do any good there.

Thanks very much.

Last edited:
S

SuicidallyCurious

Enlightened
Dec 20, 2020
If you are gonna buy crypto it's probably gonna be through ACH style transfer and not using the debit card. I've never bought with debit however so I wouldn't know.

As for credit cards you can get crypto currency using a credit card using an indirect method. Normally I wouldn't recommend this because you're going to be charged a big markup. But if you are just looking for CTB meds and you wouldn't mind paying , I can tell you a way to effectively buy crypto with CC. The fee will probably run anywhere from a few percent to around 10 percent. If you are US based cardholder , Load up the desired amount in fiat to a good sports book . MyBookie seems reputable. They will probably charge a big fee to process the CC deposit and there may be some hassle but you can resolve it with a phone call. When you load the money in make sure you understand rollover . Then go and bet on a sport event where odds are both at like -110 and bet on either side of the game (yes for some stupid reason sports books allow you to do this). When you are doing this you are betting both sides win at very close to even odds . So all told with the loading credit card fee plus small loss on the bet you will probably lose anywhere from 5-10 percent. if you are CTB who cares if you lost 5-10 percent for a transaction amount to buy let's say SN or N. These offshore sites like mybookie then allow you to withdraw in to crypto and infact they prefer it because they don't have to deal with more of the hang ups from the US banking system. By the way this is just one method there are probably lower fee examples

looks like mybookie offers to give back some of the load up credit card fee as a crypto rebate as well. Some kind of one time promotion

Last edited:
Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
Well my app is not bitcoins, but I've used an app named Rook to send someone 30 euros, they took 60 from my account, still waiting on their reply. Never again.

Thanatonaut

Thanatonaut

My time is coming.
May 17, 2019
I use Coinbase. I know they use debit cards to do smaller transactions. In the US anyway. Anything large still has to go through ACH. Also, a lot of sites like Paypal are getting into crypto, but it's a ripoff. They "sell" you crypto, but you're not allowed to actually hold it in a wallet or send it to anyone. Beware.

A

Arnie

Jan 29, 2021
If you are gonna buy crypto it's probably gonna be through ACH style transfer and not using the debit card. I've never bought with debit however so I wouldn't know.

As for credit cards you can get crypto currency using a credit card using an indirect method. Normally I wouldn't recommend this because you're going to be charged a big markup. But if you are just looking for CTB meds and you wouldn't mind paying , I can tell you a way to effectively buy crypto with CC. The fee will probably run anywhere from a few percent to around 10 percent. If you are US based cardholder , Load up the desired amount in fiat to a good sports book . MyBookie seems reputable. They will probably charge a big fee to process the CC deposit and there may be some hassle but you can resolve it with a phone call. When you load the money in make sure you understand rollover . Then go and bet on a sport event where odds are both at like -110 and bet on either side of the game (yes for some stupid reason sports books allow you to do this). When you are doing this you are betting both sides win at very close to even odds . So all told with the loading credit card fee plus small loss on the bet you will probably lose anywhere from 5-10 percent. if you are CTB who cares if you lost 5-10 percent for a transaction amount to buy let's say SN or N. These offshore sites like mybookie then allow you to withdraw in to crypto and infact they prefer it because they don't have to deal with more of the hang ups from the US banking system. By the way this is just one method there are probably lower fee examples

looks like mybookie offers to give back some of the load up credit card fee as a crypto rebate as well. Some kind of one time promotion

Clever! Thanks so much for providing details re options via credit card. It would just be far too much for me to handle though. It's good info though for others who either need or wish to use a credit card.