Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
How does it make you feel to see a crossed-out username and know that one of us has passed on? I haven't figured out personally if I'm sad, jealous or inspired.

How do you feel?

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: NekoNomNom, Ghost2211, Mimi79 and 2 others
Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
Some just self ban, because they may have successfully recovered. Though there's no way to know for certain whether they are deceased (aside from a select few), I'll always feel sorry for them that their life was so painful that they even joined this site in the first place.

Reactions: Mr2005, Silvermorning, Ghost2211 and 11 others
D

Deleted member 14573

Feb 2, 2020
A crossed out name doesn't necessarily mean someone has ctb'd. The majority are self-bans or requested bans. There's usually no way of knowing for certain what has happened to a member when they leave the site.

Regardless, it makes me sad that so many of us are suffering to this extent. When I see a crossed out name I like to hope that they are trying to figure things out in their life. Or at least that they are no longer suffering.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Mr2005, NekoNomNom, Deleted member 4993 and 8 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
I like to hope that they are trying to figure things out in their life. Or at least that they are no longer suffering.

I guess I'm so low that I couldn't have come up with a positive explanation. I needed to read this. Cheers :heart:

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Ghost2211, Deleted member 4993, HappyMstake and 4 others
M

mediocre

trapped here
Nov 9, 2019
It makes me anxious actually and sad when I see how many have either ctb or left in the amount of time I've been here. Including lots of people talked to. I think I'm anxious because a lot of them have manage to either recover or ctb and I'm still stuck in the same place.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Myforevercharlie, NekoNomNom and 6 others
Deleted member 18655

Deleted member 18655

Enlightened
Jun 4, 2020
It makes me anxious actually and sad when I see how many have either ctb or left in the amount of time I've been here. Including lots of people talked to. I think I'm anxious because a lot of them have manage to either recover or ctb and I'm still stuck in the same place.
Me too... :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: NekoNomNom, Brick In The Wall, Disco Biscuit and 2 others
W

Wisdom3_1-9

he/him/his
Jul 19, 2020
I've been thinking about this. I'm still very new to this community, but I feel comfort here. The very nature of the community, though, means that we will lose each other. There will be more turnover than is usual on a web forum. People who we've felt comfortable sharing our deepest emotions with will leave us and we will mourn. The community will change. It's so unsettling.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deathbydemo, x~Sophia~x, Helpneedtips and 5 others
Surgeon

Surgeon

anam cara
Mar 2, 2020
Yeah it's sad, there's a few people I interacted with that are crossed out now.
Hope they got what they wanted

Reactions: x~Sophia~x, Brick In The Wall and Disco Biscuit
TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
No one truly knows with 100% certainty and we either just assume that they self-banned to take a break from SS and/or they made a goodbye post and self-banned or a moderator/staff banned their account for safety and privacy reasons. Sometimes, although not always, there may be other members who know said member and either vouched for them or maybe an obituary for said deceased member, but it's not very common.

Reactions: Brick In The Wall and Deleted member 18655
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
I've seen alot of users come and go for various reasons here. It can dredge up a myriad of different emotions. I suppose it all depends on their story and reasons for being crossed out.

Every few months the dynamic of this community shifts, sometimes drastically. But that's the nature of this place.

• Love
Reactions: Helpneedtips, wiIIow, Myforevercharlie and 2 others
Meditation guide

Meditation guide

Always was, is, and always shall be.
Jun 22, 2020
So far seeing the crossed out names and then after going back and reading some of their posts, I feel like the world lost a valuable, sensitive soul. The posts they wrote show some nice, intelligent people who for whatever reason couldn't stand their lives, which is incredibly sad.

• Love
  • Aww..
Reactions: Linda, Good4Nothing, Deleted member 18655 and 3 others
Soulless Angel

Soulless Angel

Did someone say Rum?
Jul 6, 2020
or new accounts, or pro lifers realising they aren't being listened too and so forth.... lines over a name mean nothing, unless there is confirmation they have CTBd, take the grey line as a endless list of possibilities

Reactions: x~Sophia~x
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
It makes me sad, especially if I have missed their departure
❤

• Hugs
Reactions: Linda, Hopeindeath! and Brick In The Wall
T

TotallyIsolated

Mage
Nov 25, 2019
It's heartbreaking. It hurts to think of the unbearable pain they must have gone through. I can't help but wish that they'd been able to find what they needed in life.

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x and Lorntroubles
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I've seen alot of users come and go for various reasons here. It can dredge up a myriad of different emotions. I suppose it all depends on their story and reasons for being crossed out.

Every few months the dynamic of this community shifts, sometimes drastically. But that's the nature of this place.
Uhu...I've been away for a month...don't recognise half of the people...

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin and Brick In The Wall
Brick In The Wall

Brick In The Wall

2M Or Not 2B.
Oct 30, 2019
Uhu...I've been away for a month...don't recognise half of the people...
I've noticed your absence believe me. I'm glad you're back and your name isn't crossed out!

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 18655 and Myforevercharlie
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I've noticed your absence believe me. I'm glad you're back and your name isn't crossed out!
It never will dear! I choose to live years ago. Just very busy moving into my new place:hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Mr2005, Good4Nothing and Brick In The Wall
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
  • Love
Reactions: Mimi79, Linda and Myforevercharlie
Masonfight

Masonfight

Oct 13, 2020
When my name is crossed out I want it to mean CTB.

• Love
Reactions: Mimi79
Mimi79

Mimi79

-Different -
Oct 10, 2020
The feeling as I saw @LetzteAusfahrt name crossed out was sad .. I miss him very much ...
but I'm happy for him as well ....

• Hugs
Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Masonfight
BPD Barbie

BPD Barbie

Visionary
Dec 1, 2019
It's a bittersweet feeling. For confirmed ctbs it's hard knowing that the posts we read are from someone no longer with us. But at the same time I hope they finally felt some peace. Of course not everyone that has left has ctb and I wish everyone the very best in their life journey after leaving the site.

Reactions: Myforevercharlie and Masonfight
Masonfight

Masonfight

Oct 13, 2020
I'll definitely want mine to be confirmed. I'm going to have to learn how to do that though.