E

enuff

had enuff
Sep 10, 2020
what takes more courage? living or ctb?

X

xxxllrrssaa

Jan 18, 2021
I don't know. I need advise. I want to die so badly but I know the best way for me to guarantee I can't be saved is to jump. But when I get to the cliff edge I can't jump. People say this means I don't actually want to die but I do. I feel so trapped

• Hugs
Reactions: x~Sophia~x, NodusTollens and foxdie
W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
We're programmed to live until we die so I'd say it takes more courage to ctb because you're going "against the system" by killing yourself whenever you want.

Reactions: Bazzinga, NodusTollens, -L- and 8 others
inthemoonblue

inthemoonblue

Nov 26, 2020
I'd say it takes more courage to live. Not to suggest that ctb is cowardly, it's really annoying when people say that and it's definitely not true. But the pain of living can far surpass the pain of dying, and it's drawn out for years with no foreseeable end. I sure don't have the courage to face that.

Reactions: NodusTollens, NegativeSymptoms, foxdie and 5 others
N

neren

Jan 17, 2021
It takes more courage to CTB. You live by just existing. You can lose everything, be homeless, have no purpose or direction and yet here you are. Just existing. You're only alive because you wake up every

Most people slowly CTB by bad habits, a shitty diet, smoking, exposing themselves to cancerous materials, addictions, self destruction, depression, ptsd, ect...

It takes a lot of inward thinking to admit what you are and see where you're going and decide to end it.

Reactions: HowNowBrownCow, popuoh, Jarni and 3 others
user667

user667

Student
May 11, 2020
having a whole life takes courage. like really living. but just surviving doesn't. it's the result of being too scared to kill yourself. or not having the right situation or what not. but i think living a real life and pulling yourself out of that place takes an immense amount of courage. just living another day doesn't (for me) because it has not been by choice. ctb takes sooo much courage. maybe more than life. you have to be so strong to kill yourself and do it in the face of fear and SI and guilt and whatever.

• Love
Reactions: Jarni, foxdie, moonchild and 2 others
xostaticxo

xostaticxo

Let's See X
Jan 16, 2020
I don't know. I need advise. I want to die so badly but I know the best way for me to guarantee I can't be saved is to jump. But when I get to the cliff edge I can't jump. People say this means I don't actually want to die but I do. I feel so trapped
It takes alot of courage to ctb. I've tried many times. I'm releasing a song called "Suicidal Unicorns" too which is basically my experience of being detained by emergency services on the otherside of a bridge ready to jump.

I would say, are you or have you tried getting support first? I know here you can talk more openly bc "professionals" seem to not understand our views tbh but it's always good to try all options to live before ctb bc of those around you who love you but it's all down to your choice and I know all of us on here will support you whatever you decide.

N

neren

Jan 17, 2021
For a lot of people, paying $150/hr to talk to someone "professional" once a week isn't really isn't feasible. Even to begin seeking help in the US. You dont have access to quality mental healthcare.

Reactions: NodusTollens
G

GoodbyeAndGoodnight

Jan 24, 2021
Depends on if you've got people that care about you who are at risk of experiencing knock on effects. It's not exactly courage but holding out until they've either lost interest or died themselves is matter of suffering to relieve that experienced over all. If you're alone then it's either-or, ultimately becoming another tragic statistic is balanced out by the potential carbon consumption you're cutting short and the fact that a percentage of critically malfunctioning monkey brains are all but inevitable in a population of something as complex as humans.

RealHumanBean

RealHumanBean

Student
Aug 8, 2020
what takes more courage? living or ctb?
Both/either. Taking chances to make life better requires motivation. Planning and successfully CTBing also takes motivation and follow-through.

The only thing that takes little to no effort or courage is just existing and doing the bare minimum to get by. I think that's what the majority of us here are doing.

Reactions: Skathon
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
I'd have to say ctb. I wouldn't call living courage id call that will power. It takes courage to put a gun to your head and pull the trigger. It takes willpower to push through the daily bs and keep going.

Reactions: NodusTollens
muffin222

muffin222

Enlightened
Mar 31, 2020
In my situation, I'd say living would take more courage by far.

Suicide isn't an easy feat by any means, but for me to continue living I have zero choice but to face deep depression, CPTSD symptoms, flashbacks, anxiety, and various social problems on a regular basis due to my autism. These issues aren't probabilities, but cold, hard facts of existence that may or may not resolve themselves in time with treatment and conscious efforts to heal and recover.

I often question whether I truly possess the courage to continue the fight long enough to reach the light at the end of the tunnel, if there even is one there waiting for me.

• Hugs
Reactions: Emmie, NodusTollens, Kassender and 3 others
F

foxdie

Got my ticket
Aug 18, 2020
I'd say both require courage just different kinds. I voted living because for me the courage to get back on the horse and then maintaining that for the rest of my life seems way more daunting then the courage I'd need to ctb. But I will give the weasly answer of both as well lol.

• Hugs
Reactions: NodusTollens and Fragile
Fragile

Fragile

Broken
Jul 7, 2019
In my opinion, this isn't a white or black question. It depends on the person and their situation.

But overall, I'd say that it takes far more courage to live, dying is easy when compared to what some people will suffer if they continue to be alive. Some are so afflicted and to such a degree that they can't even wake up without breaking down crying, the fact that they choose to live is an act of courage.

There's a reason why some people say stuff like "the easy way out" when talking about suicide. It definitely is for some, but there's no shame on taking the easier way, us humans are made to take the path of least resistance anyway.

Reactions: foxdie
ThePainIsntSoBad

ThePainIsntSoBad

Jan 24, 2021
Way scarier to CTB, living sucks but it's bearable

xostaticxo

xostaticxo

Let's See X
Jan 16, 2020
For a lot of people, paying $150/hr to talk to someone "professional" once a week isn't really isn't feasible. Even to begin seeking help in the US. You dont have access to quality mental healthcare.
I was talking about in the UK where it's free.

wordsonscreen

wordsonscreen

Peanuts aren't nuts! They're seeds!
Jan 21, 2021
Maybe its the wrong question? Maybe it takes a different type of courage for both things? Dying feels like moving bravely into the unknown. Living feels like finding new ways to move bravely into the known.

Reactions: booray
D

Deformationalplagio

Born deformed
Dec 28, 2019
Both. This is not a pro suicide site or a pro life site. Im deformed badly like some of you know. Eather way i personally believe that it takes as much courage to live with this condition as to choose to take my own life.