MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
Hi everyone,
I'm supposed to start counselling tomorrow, but I'm lying here once again crying and wanting to CTB. I really do have no life, my illness has taken away every aspect of life that I enjoyed.
Is there any point in even starting counselling when you haven't disclosed these dark thoughts to anyone outside SS?
I really do need to just get on with it and CTB, stop wasting time.

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: Walilamdzi, Pryras, LivedTooLong and 5 others
B

Brackenshire

Arcanist
Feb 23, 2020
Yes it has me

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Soulless_Angel

Soulless_Angel

existence is futile
Jul 10, 2019
I have been told I should get therapy, but I really can't be fucked, I am not interested in dragging up shit that's either going to make people question my sanity, or cause me to have more issues as I am talking about stuff I don't want to remember

I know it has different results for everyone, but for me, Nah, you can keep that stuff, not interested,
Interested in hearing other peoples experiences though.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo and Skathon
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I think counselors are only there to make u feel like there's hope lol! When really your situation is fucked but they just don't want to be honest with u about it.

Reactions: conveniently_dead, Élégie, Seafoam and 3 others
4eyebiped

4eyebiped

Mage
Dec 28, 2019
Just like everything else in life, for some it helps and others it does nothing. I say give it try, be open minded (Going in saying it won't work does a lot to ensure it doesn't) and maybe you get lucky and benefit from it in some way. Some people have to try different ones till they find a therapist that they click with.

Reactions: Élégie, LivedTooLong, Hopeindeath! and 2 others
S

Shakespear's Brother

Sep 10, 2019
What I've found in my experience is that it can make space for things in life to shift, and sometimes those shifts can lead to bigger changes that help make life worth living.

:heart:

Reactions: beclou, Jumper Geo, GoodPersonEffed and 1 other person
F

Fullof pain

Student
Jul 1, 2020
I believe that there is no harm in trying counselling. What have you got to lose? Make your own mind up about it. Personally it didn't help me, but perhaps i'd waited too long to talk to someone, a life time of pain, too long.

• Love
Reactions: iDieUDie80 and Jumper Geo
Lostandfound7

Lostandfound7

Just waiting....
Jan 21, 2020
Give it a shot, my love♡

What have u got to lose?? If it doesn't work out, at least u can say u tried ur best at this thing called "life"...Go for it☆

I love u, and u know I'm here for u♡♡♡

Edit: I would suggest that u open up and b totally transparent with her (over time) in order to get the most benefit of ur sessions..

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Hopeindeath! and Jumper Geo
ItsAllTooLate

ItsAllTooLate

Dancing on the razor's edge
Jul 1, 2020
Like others said, you have nothing to lose as long as you're honest and trying your best with them. Being honest will be hard but there's plenty of time to build up a relationship with them.

Personally I love my therapist. She helps provide an objective, logical perspective to my issues and actually makes me want to CTB less. I actually told her about this site and at first she was like what's stopping you from going to other "safer" forums? And I told her how I can be open and honest here whereas on other sites I'd be censored with the suicide hotline thrown in my face.. and she understood!! Probably because I have no plans or intent to CTB at the moment. But still. She's so cool.

• Hugs
Reactions: Jumper Geo
Jumper Geo

Jumper Geo

Life's a bitch and then you die.
Feb 23, 2020
Hello Young Lady,

I agree with the rest give it a go, you never know it could be the miracle your looking for or it could be a waste of time but at least you tried, don't hold back be brave and try and get the best out of it.

OMG, what am I saying another CTB partner bites the dust, lol only joking I'm here if you want to talk.

Best wishes

Geo

• Love
Reactions: Lostandfound7
H

Hopeindeath!

Elementalist
Dec 7, 2019
I hope you do try counseling, and that it helps you.:hug:

socrates

socrates

I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
Dec 3, 2019
Some people get a lot out of therapy and some don't. There is no way of knowing until you try it. Sadly there are a lot of bad therapists out there, and it can be super hard to open up to them, but I hope this works out for you.

Garbage Person

Garbage Person

Eating snowflakes with plastic forks
Jan 17, 2020
I really hope this works for you in some manner. Personally, I can't get past the idea of paying someone to listen to me, no matter how qualified they are in the expertise of being a set of ears and a mouth. I wouldn't know where to start with a counselor.

P

person123

Experienced
Jul 2, 2020
Counseling is for normies, not seriously ill people.

• Love
Reactions: MsMaudlin
Vault of Memories

Vault of Memories

A temporary being in a temporary world
Mar 24, 2020
I've tried and still do therapy. I think it can be beneficial, but I'm far too private. I always go in and don't really talk much, just lie about being alright.

Pryras

Pryras

Last hope
Feb 11, 2020
No I understand you completely and it's normal to have doubts. I'm sorry life has been so unfair and debilitating it's not easy to choose counselling but it's definitely worth trying. I suggest therapy over traditional counselling services.

There are different branches of therapy that have flown right over my head (redundant information that didn't help) and there are branches that have helped me. CBT didn't do much for me but DBT did alleviate some suicidal ideations for a bit. It's very personalized and finding the right therapist is also important.

Im sure you're feeling low and not exactly in the right headspace to look for help, but it's definitely worth trying even just for a bit. Extending my love to you

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
My take on counseling is that it only works when people just want someone to hear their problems, to vent and discuss, to unload stuff, and reflect and/or gain some perspective (most of which I find to be bullshit due to the logical nature of my mind - but that's me). I do want you to know that since they are mandated reporters, if they at any time during the conversation learn or suspect that you may be a danger to yourself or others, they are required to break confidentiality and/or have you held for a psych evaluation. The scary part is that it's up to professional's opinion and discretion, which is rather broad. I cannot decide for you whether you want to seek counseling or find peace, the decision would ultimately be yours to make.

Of course, this is just my take on it and while I personally don't find counseling to be helpful, others may.

Reactions: Élégie, disabledandhopeless and Vault of Memories
MsMaudlin

MsMaudlin

This is the fierce last stand of all I am
Dec 8, 2019
I have postponed it for a few weeks. Thankyou for all the support.

• Love
B

beclou

Bee
Dec 1, 2018
I think if you give it a try, it can't make anything worse. You never know, even saying the words out loud can have a profound effect when you've held them in for so long.
I've learned a lot about myself from counselling, although it will not fix everything. Good luck!

iDieUDie80

iDieUDie80

Arcanist
Jul 6, 2020
If you want to CTB, ordinary counseling may well not be enough and you may want to do inpatient and/or an extensive outpatient program. I would say give yourself a chance, there genuinely are people out there that want to help.

greekyfish10

greekyfish10

i’m kinda screwed in the head but aren’t we all
Aug 1, 2020
i've gone to therapy before and it helped me in some ways but we never really talked about my bigger mental illnesses. i wish i would've opened up more. then i might have made more progress.