• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
If I were to tell my school councilor (I'm still in school) I'm suicidal, what would I have to leave out to not have my councilor tell my family? Or do they tell them just because you're suicidal, no doubt about it, doesn't matter if you are going to do it or not? I might attempt to talk to my school councilor, but if other people will find out, then it's useless and I'm not going to.

Reactions: 21Neberg, Final Escape and Deleted member 4993
cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
If I were to tell my school councilor (I'm still in school) I'm suicidal, what would I have to leave out to not have my councilor tell my family? Or do they tell them just because you're suicidal, no doubt about it, doesn't matter if you are going to do it or not? I might attempt to talk to my school councilor, but if other people will find out, then it's useless and I'm not going to.
There are laws about this in each state. Look up mandated reporter for your state to get details. Usually the rule is that they have to tell somebody if you are in imminent danger, and they have official assessments to determine that. In some states it also depends on your age. If you want to safely talk about suicidal thoughts with somebody, a regular therapist would probably be better because school counselors have to follow school policies on top of the mandated reporter laws. You can tell your school counselor that you're depressed and ask them to talk to your parents to get you signed up for therapy. A therapist will also have very clear paperwork explaining details of confidentiality because of requirements from their licensing board, and your school counselor might not have that.

Reactions: Final Escape, WhiteRabbit and lemmeeleev
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
@cornflowerblue advice looks spot on

If you can't find out then you could 'sound out' the school counsellor by treading carefully round the issue until you can see what's what. Eg tell them you are suffering from depression but not the suicidal bit and ask them how it would work to access therapy. Get as much information as you can, then you will find out who you are comfortable talking with about your real thoughts

Reactions: Final Escape, lemmeeleev and WhiteRabbit
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Also I think you're really being pro-active taking steps to see what you can find out and do, see if talking or anything will will help. It's such a good thing to try and take control of things and you're doing just that x

Reactions: Redt2go, Final Escape, cornflowerblue and 1 other person
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Also I think you're really being pro-active taking steps to see what you can find out and do, see if talking or anything will will help. It's such a good thing to try and take control of things and you're doing just that x
I'm tired of dealing with this, so I figured I'd attempt to get help before attempting to ctb. Thought it would be worth a try to try to live. I've never asked for help before, so if I'm going to die anyways, why not give asking for help a shot? I just don't know how to go about asking for that help. I might just tell my mom or something and maybe get into therapy that way. But I don't know how to do that either.

Reactions: 21Neberg and Final Escape
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
I definitely think you're doing things the right way round! You can always ctb anytime later if trying this doing work. Is your mum approachable like that? Or do you think she'd find it easier if you spoke to the school counsellor and they contacted her?

Reactions: lemmeeleev
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
I definitely think you're doing things the right way round! You can always ctb anytime later if trying this doing work. Is your mum approachable like that? Or do you think she'd find it easier if you spoke to the school counsellor and they contacted her?
Mental illness runs in my family, so it shouldn't be that surprising. I think I'd rather tell her myself in person. But it's hard for me to do.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
I'm tired of dealing with this, so I figured I'd attempt to get help before attempting to ctb. Thought it would be worth a try to try to live. I've never asked for help before, so if I'm going to die anyways, why not give asking for help a shot? I just don't know how to go about asking for that help. I might just tell my mom or something and maybe get into therapy that way. But I don't know how to do that either.
Go see your guidance counselor and say "I want to tell my mom I need therapy but don't know how to tell her"

Reactions: Final Escape and lemmeeleev
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Mental illness runs in my family, so it shouldn't be that surprising. I think I'd rather tell her myself in person. But it's hard for me to do.

I can imagine - it's a difficult conversation to open with, isn't it xx. Is there a time of day she's more calm and likely to listen easily? Like in the car or in the morning?

Reactions: lemmeeleev and Final Escape
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
I might tell your mother before the counselor. I think she would be more than willing to help u. You don't have to come out and say u are suicidal but in a round about way u can say u often get so down about things that you wish you were dead. Make it serious enough that it grabs her attention but maybe don't say flat out that you have been looking for methods and planning. Unless your mom doesn't love u, she will be more invested in your well being than a state employee.

21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018

I was in your shoes, though I reckon I'm a couple years older than you. I too decided to give life another try with professional help before I die, and even though I'm not underage anymore my therapist still wants to tell my family about my issues because I've already attempted. Since you're underage (I presume) you can guarantee that the school counselor will tell your parents.

lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
I can imagine - it's a difficult conversation to open with, isn't it xx. Is there a time of day she's more calm and likely to listen easily? Like in the car or in the morning?
I can find a good enough time, I just don't know how to go about saying it. I can't bring myself to say the words "I'm depressed and want to die and I need therapy," or anything like that.

I might tell your mother before the counselor. I think she would be more than willing to help u. You don't have to come out and say u are suicidal but in a round about way u can say u often get so down about things that you wish you were dead. Make it serious enough that it grabs her attention but maybe don't say flat out that you have been looking for methods and planning. Unless your mom doesn't love u, she will be more invested in your well being than a state employee.
I'll try to do this, but I definitely will not be telling anyone about methods or planning right now. And I'm 99.9% sure she will try to help me, she's been diagnose with depression before.

Reactions: Final Escape
lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
I was in your shoes, though I reckon I'm a couple years older than you. I too decided to give life another try with professional help before I die, and even though I'm not underage anymore my therapist still wants to tell my family about my issues because I've already attempted. Since you're underage (I presume) you can guarantee that the school counselor will tell your parents.
Yeah, I'm probably going to throw the idea of telling my councilor out the window and just tell my mom. I'd rather tell her myself than have someone else tell her.

Reactions: Final Escape and 21Neberg
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Totally get you - we need to find you some different phrases or ways to say things so can you say you've been thinking about things a lot lately and you've started to notice you think you've got OCD or anxiety or trouble coping with hormones!

Even that you're self conscious about your size/ seeing things/ feel people are talking about you/low self esteem

It's almost trying to find something that's like saying "it's not your fault, mum, but I'm struggling with xyz can we get me some help" and start the process

Anything that gives you a way in to therapy - once in you can then take it from there and if needed look for a diagnosis and further treatment

Last edited:
21Neberg

21Neberg

Enlightened
Dec 17, 2018
Yeah, I'm probably going to throw the idea of telling my councilor out the window and just tell my mom. I'd rather tell her myself than have someone else tell her.

Incredibly hard, good luck. I hope she takes it well.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
If you call a crisis hotline, they can help you figure out what to say. As soon as they pick up, just tell them you want help with how to ask your mom if you can see a therapist.

lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
If you call a crisis hotline, they can help you figure out what to say. As soon as they pick up, just tell them you want help with how to ask your mom if you can see a therapist.
Would the crisis text line work? I can't call, as people would hear. I'm almost never alone and calling is uncomfortable for me.

cornflowerblue

cornflowerblue

Mage
Feb 18, 2019
Would the crisis text line work? I can't call, as people would hear. I'm almost never alone and calling is uncomfortable for me.
Yes that would be fine, the text and call staff have the same training and sometimes are the same staff members. This one is for any crisis, not just being suicidal, so they should be able to help you figure out what to say to your mom, how to say it, and how to pick a good time https://www.crisistextline.org/texting-in

lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Yes that would be fine, the text and call staff have the same training and sometimes are the same staff members. This one is for any crisis, not just being suicidal, so they should be able to help you figure out what to say to your mom, how to say it, and how to pick a good time https://www.crisistextline.org/texting-in
Thanks, this was the one I was even thinking of texting. I definitely will sometime today.

lemmeeleev

lemmeeleev

Still here
Nov 29, 2018
Thank you all, I feel like I'll actually be able to do it this time. I'm going to try to get help.

Reactions: cornflowerblue
J

JustAboutDone

Illuminated
Jan 1, 2019
Thank you all, I feel like I'll actually be able to do it this time. I'm going to try to get help.

Please let us know how it goes, if you want to of course! X