SpareWheel

SpareWheel

I go on holidays by mistake
May 4, 2020
I'm speaking of course about Trump and his continued digs at China. For what it's worth it's probably the only time I've agreed with Trump, it does need to be said that China are culpable and their lies and deceit certainly don't help their claims they did all they could. But will it escalate enough to cause conflict?

It's not beyond the realms of possibly. America, often when they have some major domestic problem and a presidential vote coming up or need to get the population in Team USA mode do seem to have a tendency to start a war, from Vietnam to Iraq to Afghanistan, it's not unheard of to politicise war. China however is a different kettle of Fish, massive army, nuclear weapons, pally pally with both Russia and North Korea, two countries not exactly shy about their dislike of America.

I don't think even Trump is stupid enough to start conflict with China, but then it's Trump, just when you don't think he could be anymore moronic he starts talking about injecting disinfectant.

I do worry a tiny bit though, not for me but the rest of the UK, if anything were to kick off we'd yet again be Americas little lapdog, happily coming along to help like we did in both the Gulf wars and Afghanistan and I fear we'd be firmly on the losing side this time.

So, are we heading for WW3, or will Xi and Trump kiss and make up?

Iamnotperminant92

Iamnotperminant92

Alien visitor
May 4, 2020
Think about it - how many people actually have influence other than the leaders, how many important people aren't in the limelight yet have a say behind closed doors?

I'm willing to bet there would be people with connections. People that would be very unhappy with WW3 and are actually capable of doing something about it with immediacy. Plus war generally isn't popular and populism in the states is on the rise. I'd sooner expect the states adopt proper (Nondarwinian) healthcare policy before they think of dropping a nuke on China or Russia.

Last edited:
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Think about it - how many people actually have influence other than the leaders, how many important people aren't in the limelight yet have a say behind closed doors?

I'm willing to bet there would be people with connections. People that would be very unhappy with WW3 and are actually capable of doing something about it with immediacy. Plus war generally isn't popular and populism in the states is on the rise.

Yeah, those thoughts have crossed my mind too and nuclear war wouldn't be profitable for anyone so it's massively unlikely.

Then a little voice in my head just whispers Trump.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of anyone starting anything nuclear as it'll only end one way, but, then there's Trump. He genuinely frightens me, he's so unhinged and inherently dumb that nothing at all would surprise me. He's up there with Jong-Un in terms of batshittery. When I watch him I get genuine flashbacks of when my Grandma first started showing signs of dementia, he's not right in the head that guy, something's amiss there, the way he speaks alone is worrying, he barely makes sense at times as if he can't string a coherent sentence together, he'll be speaking about one thing and break off halfway through and speak about something else completely different.
Reading what he's spoken verbatim is enlightening, you see it more clearly.

Iamnotperminant92

Iamnotperminant92

Alien visitor
May 4, 2020
Yeah, those thoughts have crossed my mind too and nuclear war wouldn't be profitable for anyone so it's massively unlikely.

Then a little voice in my head just whispers Trump.

I wouldn't even entertain the thought of anyone starting anything nuclear as it'll only end one way, but, then there's Trump. He genuinely frightens me, he's so unhinged and inherently dumb that nothing at all would surprise me. He's up there with Jong-Un in terms of batshittery. When I watch him I get genuine flashbacks of when my Grandma first started showing signs of dementia, he's not right in the head that guy, something's amiss there, the way he speaks alone is worrying, he barely makes sense at times as if he can't string a coherent sentence together, he'll be speaking about one thing and break off halfway through and speak about something else completely different.
Reading what he's spoken verbatim is enlightening, you see it more clearly.
I understand though the dementia bit well I worry a bit more with Clinton/Biden I'm that one. Trumps not my guy, Bernie is, but Trump is still moderate in all but speach and the wall is petty symbolism throwing money down the toilet for no good reason which is par for the course for the US of A. Trumps got his hands in business which exposes him further to folks who would not be pleased with ww3

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
I'm not very clued up on Biden, other than the claims about him touching some woman (sounds like pure money grabbing bullshit from what I've read) - is he a decent candidate? Here in the UK we only ever see really one side of a Presidential race, whoever is the most stand out gets all the attention, I couldn't even name who ran v's Obama for example, and only know Trump beat Clinton cos they were both box office and so close.

Iamnotperminant92

Iamnotperminant92

Alien visitor
May 4, 2020
I'm not very clued up on Biden, other than the claims about him touching some woman (sounds like pure money grabbing bullshit from what I've read) - is he a decent candidate? Here in the UK we only ever see really one side of a Presidential race, whoever is the most stand out gets all the attention, I couldn't even name who ran v's Obama for example, and only know Trump beat Clinton cos they were both box office and so close.
There's a compilation on YT of him basically slipping up in his speech quite badly (found one)

, and this gem with the auto worker

Last edited:
All an illusion

All an illusion

Jul 13, 2019
Many videos on youtube with Joe Biden touching young girls...especially on photo shoots with his supporters....this is all a sham....we're screwed either way....hope i'm wrong.

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
There's a compilation on YT of him basically slipping up in his speech quite badly (found one)

, and one where he was basically belittling a voter

Geez, very Trumplike in his speech patterns although he does come across as a bit of a nervous person, I've seen a lot of eloquent people become gibbering wrecks when they're speaking publicly.

My overriding thought watching that was mainly, man he's old. Aren't there any decent young upcoming politicians to rival the two old fogies? Not that youth makes any difference, Johnson is quite young politician wise and he's an absolute fannybangle.

Iamnotperminant92

Iamnotperminant92

Alien visitor
May 4, 2020
Geez, very Trumplike in his speech patterns although he does come across as a bit of a nervous person, I've seen a lot of eloquent people become gibbering wrecks when they're speaking publicly.

My overriding thought watching that was mainly, man he's old. Aren't there any decent young upcoming politicians to rival the two old fogies? Not that youth makes any difference, Johnson is quite young politician wise and he's an absolute fannybangle.

Sadly there aren't, or none that have a chance. It's unlikely that the U.S would have a decent election while there is a two party system. There is no hope within the two party system.

As far as being a nervous person - I don't buy that as a significant factor or it would have shown earlier. He was 'normal' as a VP in the Obama era.

Last edited:
SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
Sadly there aren't, or none that have a chance. It's unlikely that the U.S would have a decent election while there is a two party system. There is no hope within the two party system.

As far as being a nervous person - I don't buy that as a significant factor or it would have shown earlier. He was 'normal' as a VP in the Obama era.

Two party, ten party, you'll still likely end up having to pick between the fire and the frying pan. We have oodles of parties in Britain, but only Labour and Conservatives are genuine candidates, the other umpteen parties are an afterthought and pretty much a wasted vote unless you're making a personal protest by voting for We like Yorkshire pudding party, or a screaming racist so vote for UKIP.

If I'm honest, all politicians are useless wankers in it for their own gain or that of their class, you just have to hope you vote for the least useless one. I didn't vote Boris in, so I'm at least glad I can't blame myself for that, and I didn't vote to leave to EU so when shit comes crashing down further I won't feel any guilt. Doesn't stop me wishing we had a leader that wasn't a floppy haired buffoon though.

Iamnotperminant92

Iamnotperminant92

Alien visitor
May 4, 2020
Two party, ten party, you'll still likely end up having to pick between the fire and the frying pan. We have oodles of parties in Britain, but only Labour and Conservatives are genuine candidates, the other umpteen parties are an afterthought and pretty much a wasted vote unless you're making a personal protest by voting for We like Yorkshire pudding party, or a screaming racist so vote for UKIP.

If I'm honest, all politicians are useless wankers in it for their own gain or that of their class, you just have to hope you vote for the least useless one. I didn't vote Boris in, so I'm at least glad I can't blame myself for that, and I didn't vote to leave to EU so when shit comes crashing down further I won't feel any guilt. Doesn't stop me wishing we had a leader that wasn't a floppy haired buffoon though.
True.... wouldn't it be nice if there wasn't such a need for such positions that risk being filled by crooks. I mean there's a good argument. We need these politicians like a fish needs a kite

SpareWheel

SpareWheel

May 4, 2020
True.... wouldn't it be nice if there wasn't such a need for such positions that risk being filled by crooks. I mean there's a good argument. We need these politicians like a fish needs a kite

It'd be lovely if we could somehow vote decent, hardworking and honest men and women into positions of power, and I think some politicians might even start out like that, just by the time they're high up enough to be electable they've become corrupt and generally reprehensible people. Saying that though, when I was at Uni, the Politics students were all absolute bellsniffs of the highest order, I don't think I came across one that I wouldn't have happily thrown in a river, it might actually be a gene inherent in them that draws them towards government positions. There's video footage on YouTube of a very young William Hague (ex Conservative party leader) on some kids show and you could tell even when he was a spotty child, he'd become a politician, a pompous one at that.

I liked Obama though :D one of very few in life that I ever have.