• Hey Guest,

If you would still like to donate, you still can. We have more than enough funds to cover operating expenses for quite a while, so don't worry about donating if you aren't able. If you want to donate something other than what is listed, you can contact RainAndSadness.

Bitcoin Address (BTC): 39deg9i6Zp1GdrwyKkqZU6rAbsEspvLBJt

Ethereum (ETH): 0xd799aF8E2e5cEd14cdb344e6D6A9f18011B79BE9

Monero (XMR): 49tuJbzxwVPUhhDjzz6H222Kh8baKe6rDEsXgE617DVSDD8UKNaXvKNU8dEVRTAFH9Av8gKkn4jDzVGF25snJgNfUfKKNC8

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I've read several conflicted opinions some say that the recoil or kickback of a shotgun does matter and can botch the attempt, while others say the shot fires a milisecond before the recoil moves the weapon away so it doesnt matter.

Can someone clarify this for me?

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
Not sure if this helps or not but back in the day I did some clay pigeon shooting with a shotgun, the instructor never mentioned aiming to compensate for recoil

Reactions: spanishguy22
Bea

Bea

Sep 1, 2019
I've read several conflicted opinions some say that the recoil or kickback of a shotgun does matter and can botch the attempt, while others say the shot fires a milisecond before the recoil moves the weapon away so it doesnt matter.

good question; this is my preferred method, but i'll be aiming through the mouth straight back. where is it your intention to aim?

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
I don't think so because when the round leaves the barrel, you will be knocked unconscious/dead before you can even feel the recoil, let alone hear the gun going off. What is important to note here is do not anticipate the recoil/flinch as that could cause you to move the barrel as the gun goes off, thus not hitting the appropriate spot and failing/not dying instantly.

• Love
Reactions: throwaway_2620 and spanishguy22
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
good question; this is my preferred method, but i'll be aiming through the mouth straight back. where is it your intention to aim?
Well I wanted to do that but I am not sure yet. it's either that through mouth a bit upwards or a heart shot
I don't think so because when the round leaves the barrel, you will be knocked unconscious/dead before you can even feel the recoil, let alone hear the gun going off. What is important to note here is do not anticipate the recoil/flinch as that could cause you to move the barrel as the gun goes off, thus not hitting the appropriate spot and failing/not dying instantly.
I would think this is the right answer

TAW122

TAW122

Emissary of the right to die.
Aug 30, 2018
Well I wanted to do that but I am not sure yet. it's either that through mouth a bit upwards or a heart shot

I would go with the mouth a bit upwards (but a bit further back to ensure you get as close to the brainstem as possible, even if there is a near-miss), this is to ensure that you don't blow out the frontal part of the brain (controls cognition and language, but not the vital parts to keeping you alive), effectively lobotomizing you. I don't recommend doing a heart shot because it may not result in an instant death and you may end up surviving (or dying after a while and through excruciating pain).

Reactions: spanishguy22 and throwaway_2620
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
I would go with the mouth a bit upwards (but a bit further back to ensure you get as close to the brainstem as possible, even if there is a near-miss), this is to ensure that you don't blow out the frontal part of the brain (controls cognition and language, but not the vital parts to keeping you alive), effectively lobotomizing you. I don't recommend doing a heart shot because it may not result in an instant death and you may end up surviving (or dying after a while and through excruciating pain).

There would be no way for me to survive a heart shot if I'm away from civilization for more than an hour right? It would be impossible not to bleed out right?

Also from all I've read of people experiencing getting shot it seems adrenaline of the shock numbs most of the pain first minutes so that's good

Reactions: woxihuanni
Wayfaerer

Wayfaerer

JFMSUF
Aug 21, 2019
The recoil won't matter at all. In fact, you won't even be able to register the sound of the gun firing assuming you go for the brain stem.

Stan

Stan

Factoid Hunter
Aug 29, 2019
There would be no way for me to survive a heart shot if I'm away from civilization for more than an hour right? It would be impossible not to bleed out right?
There are cases where the brain blocks out pain for while if its overloaded, but would take that as a guarantee, everyones brain is different. Does not feel exactly peaceful either. If you want to make sure you bleed out quicker, take a load of asprin beforehand as it thins the blood

Reactions: woxihuanni and spanishguy22
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
There are cases where the brain blocks out pain for while if its overloaded, but would take that as a guarantee, everyones brain is different. Does not feel exactly peaceful either. If you want to make sure you bleed out quicker, take a load of asprin beforehand as it thins the blood
Yeah the aspirin thing is something I wanted to do

My theory of the little pain comes from two massive Reddit thread about serious gunshot experiences.
Most reported feeling a burn or not even realizing it until they see the blood.

J

jayfox

Student
Apr 19, 2019
Yeah the aspirin thing is something I wanted to do

My theory of the little pain comes from two massive Reddit thread about serious gunshot experiences.
Most reported feeling a burn or not even realizing it until they see the blood.

This is my preferred method too.

Where can you get a gun in spain?

I live close and I cant get anything , if I could get a bullet it would solve my problem

thanks

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
This is my preferred method too.

Where can you get a gun in spain?

I live close and I cant get anything , if I could get a bullet it would solve my problem

thanks
I still need hunting permit so that's gonna be annoying but doable

Sirius

Sirius

Student
Jul 10, 2019

HELL YES

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Also I'm sort of wondering (mind you, I've never held a gun so what do I know), if you fuck up shooting yourself in the head, you probably cannot try again, but with the heart there must be a higher chance of correcting a fuckup.

• Love
R

Rdc

Student
Aug 24, 2019
I'm thinking of using a handgun to ctb. I currently don't own one and have never fired a gun. What type of handgun would be best for someone who has never fired a gun and should I go to a firing range to practice?

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
I'm thinking of using a handgun to ctb. I currently don't own one and have never fired a gun. What type of handgun would be best for someone who has never fired a gun and should I go to a firing range to practice?

I'd say it is essential to practice. You don't want to fool around with a gun unless you know what you are doing.

R

Rdc

Student
Aug 24, 2019
Do I need to take a class or can I go straight to a firing range to practice? I guess I would need to learn the basics on how to handle and loading before firing. I wish they had classes on how to shoot yourself...lol. That's all I really need.

woxihuanni

woxihuanni

Illuminated
Aug 19, 2019
Do I need to take a class or can I go straight to a firing range to practice? I guess I would need to learn the basics on how to handle and loading before firing. I wish they had classes on how to shoot yourself...lol. That's all I really need.

I think you should go to the mega thread for such information. But yeah in a world where you could get your heart's desire on that, we would be able to walk into a clinic and snuff it without bothering to learn how to use a gun anyway.

J

jayfox

Student
Apr 19, 2019
I still need hunting permit so that's gonna be annoying but doable

Here a hunting permit only gives you a rifle and you must be a member of a club for long time

Is it different in spain? Thanks

S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Here a hunting permit only gives you a rifle and you must be a member of a club for long time

Is it different in spain? Thanks

IDK about rifles but shotguns at available with a permit

Roger

Roger

I Liked Ike
May 11, 2019
Bullets/pellets have left the muzzle before recoil has any effect.

However, flinching by a nervous shooter in anticipation of recoil is a common problem. This does move the point of aim.

R

Rdc

Student
Aug 24, 2019
Here Is an example of recoil from an automatic gun with the trigger held. The instructor gets shot after switching from single shot to automatic while the girl holds down on the trigger and can't control the recoil.The gun barely moves on the single shot.

Last edited:
S

spanishguy22

Enlightened
Apr 9, 2019
Here Is an example of recoil from an automatic gun with the trigger held. The instructor gets shot after switching from single shot to automatic while the girl holds down on the trigger and can't control the recoil.The gun barely moves on the single shot.

We're not talking automatic or held trigger situation here, just a single shot. I see your point at the end tho