anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
Usually I try having a meal a day but I've been starting to get into the habit of not eating for 24 hours or eating like 3 or so crackers

It does affect my concentration with studies so I'm barely getting enough done. But also I noticed it's been hard to walk today. My knees, calves, lower leg bone, and feet hurt. When I'm walking around, I feel it's hard to balance myself bc of muscle fatigue. It's hard climbing up my ladder to top bunk like literally my calves start to flex when I just take a step. I feel so exhausted that my posture is weird and my grip strength is bad too so my phone or my lanyard slips from my hand.

I also feel so cold these days. I wear socks but still my feet are cold. I tried sleeping as usual with a fluffy blanket but that too cold so I switch it with a comforter but still that's cold so I use both but still it's cold that it's hard to sleep. I just shiver.

The simplest solution is obviously eat. I technically did try going to dining center today. The food looked alright. But there were so flies around that I had to keep waving my hands so they don't get on my plate. I just felt that I was expending more energy than I was getting. I felt angry and just threw the whole thing away.

Heart rate is fast too and my stomach hurts. Feel kinda nauseous. But at least I haven't fainted in the shower recently

And great it's hard to sleep and when I'm asleep, my sleep quality is bad but still I have to wake up for classes and then deal with not being able to pay attention in class and not have brainpower to remember what I studied day before and on top of that, shit ton of work in classes

I want a break. A complete pause from life bc I feel my brain and body too weak rn

• Hugs
  • Aww..
  • Love
Reactions: Freyja13, dkdkdkdkkd, lemonbunny and 4 others
TheGoodGuy

TheGoodGuy

Visionary
Aug 27, 2018
Sounds horrible is there any advice you´re seeking here or just wanting to vent? (venting is fine too ofc)

I don´t eat much either mostly because I am tormented by food allergies but I try to eat at least 2 big meals a day maybe you could get some food you like just once a day at least like if you like fast food you could get some Mc D or a pizza or whatever you like that is what I try when I feel I don´t want to eat at all.

• Hugs
Reactions: RoseQuarts, lavender143once, Praestat_Mori and 1 other person
アホペンギン

アホペンギン

Jul 10, 2023
I try to eat but I can't. Nausea prevents me from keeping anything down.
I feel these same things, I feel so weak mentally and physically, I'm so cold and I want to cry..
This sucks. 🫂

• Hugs
  • Love
Reactions: RoseQuarts, Praestat_Mori and anhedonicNfoggy
R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Y'all need to eat protein. Try bottled protein drinks sold at drug stores. Ensure is given to old people because it is designed to be easily digestible.. I like Slim Fast. I like Atkins that have fiber int them. There is the old stand by Instant Breakfast by Carnation. But they require milk or used to. There is a very good powder Kachava.

If nothing else buy protein powder. Your body runs on protein. White flour is as bad for you as sugar. Good luck. Go see school nurse ok? Hugs, Renee

• Hugs
Reactions: RoseQuarts, Praestat_Mori, soontobedone and 1 other person
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
Little and often to get started. And there's solutions like ensure drinks but you can buy store brand cheaper versions, they seem to help but natural food is best, atm you don't really need to worry about fibre because your body will be crying out for any caloric intake hoping for nutrition so likelihood is you could eat what you want and body will use it.
I'm someone who's been several days without eating a bean and it's not nice when all you can think about is food. But can't physically, psychologically get it down, in the westernized countries we won't starve through poverty and you get into feeling guilt. Being human can suck.

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori and anhedonicNfoggy
anhedonicNfoggy

anhedonicNfoggy

i don’t know
Aug 7, 2023
Little and often to get started. And there's solutions like ensure drinks but you can buy store brand cheaper versions, they seem to help but natural food is best, atm you don't really need to worry about fibre because your body will be crying out for any caloric intake hoping for nutrition so likelihood is you could eat what you want and body will use it.
I'm someone who's been several days without eating a bean and it's not nice when all you can think about is food. But can't physically, psychologically get it down, in the westernized countries we won't starve through poverty and you get into feeling guilt. Being human can suck.
I've been trying to eat more today but honestly I'm feeling dizzy when I do so. Somehow I feel worse and so I stop trying for the day

• Hugs
Reactions: Praestat_Mori
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
That sounds so rough. The only thing I can think of is eating small, calorically dense foods. Maybe try more liquid calories if you're able to (protein drinks, etc.). I know peanut butter is easy to cram in a good amount of calories. A single teaspoon is around 100 calories with 10 grams of protein.

• Hugs
T

TooConscious

Enlightened
Sep 16, 2020
I've been trying to eat more today but honestly I'm feeling dizzy when I do so. Somehow I feel worse and so I stop trying for the day
I know it can be easier said than done mate. Everything takes time. The media seems to condition us all to expect instant gratification so we feel shit believing other people change faster than we do, when it's lies, to sell us shit.

• Hugs
N

noname223

Angelic
Aug 18, 2020
I never experienced severe loss of appetite until the last weeks. Currently I barely can eat. Maybe it is due to the withdrawal of addictive medication. I am feeling like I am close to falling apart or to experience new symptoms of a mental demise. Maybe I reach a new stage of being broken. I think my system rebels against going on like that. (college stress)
I am so fucking broken.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Years ago when I went through a divorce I could not eat. I lost a lot of weight quick.

T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Years ago when I went through a divorce I could not eat. I lost a lot of weight quick.
I went through a breakup after cheating and lost weight, not a lot but even a little is concerning considering my size, especially since I've never gained it all back. I was originally 120 at 5'8 or 5'9, and afterwards I was 112.5 at the same height. Now i hover around 115-117.

I can't imagine how much worse a divorce would be, I hope you're doing better now!

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Yes! I lost I went from about 5'11' 195 TO 167 in 2 or 3 months, I did meet my perfect match. we have been together 35 years. I am still fighting suicide ideation because I am transgender.

• Hugs
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy and ThatStateOfMind
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Yes! I lost I went from about 5'11' 195 TO 167 in 2 or 3 months, I did meet my perfect match. we have been together 35 years. I am still fighting suicide ideation because I am transgender.
I'm glad you found your perfect match, that's such a good thing. It's unfortunate you deal with ideation due to being transgender. I wish this world was more accepting of everyone so it wouldn't be as rough. :(

R

Renee

Sep 14, 2023
Thank you. That means a lot. We were both sent off to boarding school at 12 so parents would not have to deal with us. She was just usual crazy and wild Italian girl in Italy like her father and grandfather. And well I wanted to be a girl. I wanted to dress like a girl and wear makeup etc. and a psychiatrist said military school will get him unconcused, but the problem is I was not a sissy I was and am transgendered.

I have been on estrogen since last summer and gender therapy since last October, But it is a bug strain having to come out. It is not so much I want people to know I am trans, but to be myself. I came out to a couple at the Elks club and they said if you need something or feel suicidal let us know to hang out. I said I would love to hang out with her the wife and they fell out laughing because it was like he really is transgendered.

I came her looking for help to commit suicide, but I would really rather turn things around. I am try9ing to just turn ther corner.

3 times this year I set a date, wrote letter, and had a plan. That will get you put in a hospital for a couple of days, This was the third time and I do not know how many more times I can set a date and delay/cancel and I knpw people here really understand what I am going through.

Tryong to come to terms with being transgendered is hard doubly complex when you add a wife. Half ger divorced other half have cool wives. Mine is accepting, but understandably not really supporting. She trys to forget about it/. Hopefu;;y, someone trans will read this and get some rsililaancy. resiliancy. It is hard and beng trans I slit my left wrist once got over 34 stitches. And by time the medicine and therapy which never depved into me being trans cost $80,000.

So I am 65. I have been through what most have here. I hope you Thestate of mind turnes the corner as I do everyone here. Hugs, Renee
P.S. When I was 40 I legally changed my middle name from Robert to Renee.

Coldpizza22

Coldpizza22

Crafter
Apr 2, 2023
You need to eat, our you'll get weaker and weaker. If you don't ingest enough food, your body starts to break down your fat, muscle and organs to survive. Without muscle you'll be unable to move and function. You should eat at minimum one larger meal a day, but that's more for weight loss.

You should eat some calorie dense food. You can make some yourself or go to a McDonald's and get a menu there. Have you tried eating solid or liquid food like sweet yogurt? Or just straight butter with some sugar? You need to get the calories somehow and also the vitamins, I'd recommended you get some supplements. Magnesium helps with muscle pain, zinc with smell and immune system, iron with your blood being able to transport oxygen to your cells.

Being a breatherian is impossible (people who claim they don't need to eat for years). You are burning energy by the second, its the C02 in your exhaled air.

• Informative
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
T

ThatStateOfMind

Enlightened
Nov 13, 2021
Thank you. That means a lot. We were both sent off to boarding school at 12 so parents would not have to deal with us. She was just usual crazy and wild Italian girl in Italy like her father and grandfather. And well I wanted to be a girl. I wanted to dress like a girl and wear makeup etc. and a psychiatrist said military school will get him unconcused, but the problem is I was not a sissy I was and am transgendered.

I have been on estrogen since last summer and gender therapy since last October, But it is a bug strain having to come out. It is not so much I want people to know I am trans, but to be myself. I came out to a couple at the Elks club and they said if you need something or feel suicidal let us know to hang out. I said I would love to hang out with her the wife and they fell out laughing because it was like he really is transgendered.

I came her looking for help to commit suicide, but I would really rather turn things around. I am try9ing to just turn ther corner.

3 times this year I set a date, wrote letter, and had a plan. That will get you put in a hospital for a couple of days, This was the third time and I do not know how many more times I can set a date and delay/cancel and I knpw people here really understand what I am going through.

Tryong to come to terms with being transgendered is hard doubly complex when you add a wife. Half ger divorced other half have cool wives. Mine is accepting, but understandably not really supporting. She trys to forget about it/. Hopefu;;y, someone trans will read this and get some rsililaancy. resiliancy. It is hard and beng trans I slit my left wrist once got over 34 stitches. And by time the medicine and therapy which never depved into me being trans cost $80,000.

So I am 65. I have been through what most have here. I hope you Thestate of mind turnes the corner as I do everyone here. Hugs, Renee
P.S. When I was 40 I legally changed my middle name from Robert to Renee.
I am glad that you at least met someone. I hope the gender therapy and HRT (I think its called?) helps. I am mostly on this site for support, it didn't start that way but that's how I am currently. And if no one else has told you, I'm glad you stayed rather than taking your life. I'm also happy that your wide is accepting, I imagine it would be a lot easier if she supported rather than trying to ignore it.

I've been on this earth a lot less longer than you, but I am happy you are here, Renee!

todienomore

todienomore

Arcanist
Apr 7, 2023
Try fixing your circadian health as a baseline thing. Too much artificial blue light in modern life, eating at the wrong times and not enough sunlight. Start with mid morning sun(especially sunbathing), sun throughout the day, and fix your light environment within 3hr min of bedtime. seeing sunrise/sunset if you can. Proper sleep hygiene. if your circadian health is bad it literally throws everything off, from mental health to appetite and digestion. I was a skeptic but its impossible to underestimate the importance.

Fasting is good, but somehow figure out your diet. Like someone said, prioritize protein but also healthy fats like the omega 3's. DHA especially. Saturated are just as important its just that most miss quality omega 3's.

Learn to cook one new thing a week if you have the facilities. Slowly master nutrition, you cant ignore it.
I try to eat but I can't. Nausea prevents me from keeping anything down.
I feel these same things, I feel so weak mentally and physically, I'm so cold and I want to cry..
This sucks. 🫂

i know it sounds dumb but try ginger root for nausea and appetite.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: anhedonicNfoggy
RoseQuarts

RoseQuarts

Jun 1, 2023
Makes anxiety 10x worse too. At least try to drink premier protein shakes.