loterius

loterius

Sep 21, 2023
Being neglected by society and medical world most of the times, people with deathwish only option is to do it themselves. For me personally i find it a dirty thought knewing your body will lay in your room or bedroom or appartment on your bed or couch at least for some time. Its not unusual your body is being found after minimum of 2 tot 3 days in alot of cases if you live alone.

Knewing my body has minimum of 2 days maybe 3 days time to decompose onto my bed or couch with all the leaked fluids is a quite disgusting idea for me and a huge turn off to do it but i have no choice. What better was it if they just approve me euthanasia request and my body was taken away immediatelly hop into the cool cell. Ive quit neighbours who certainly not call the cops or houseboss after 1 or 2 quit days. so great chance my body will not being found for at least 3 days. Its gives me an odd feeling. Feeling of disgust How others think about this issue?.

• Hugs
Reactions: consider and The Burning Fool
The Burning Fool

The Burning Fool

Falling through the abyss of insanity
Sep 12, 2023
You won't be there by that time anyway. Might as well leave a last middle finger to the disgusting society that neglects you to this degree. I share your pain going through this purposelessly torturous existence.

Reactions: inconsequential_ and Rogue Proxy
P

Praestat_Mori

Mori praestat, quam haec pati!
May 21, 2023
I wouldn't care what happens with the corps, you'll not be there anymore. Have you considered a scheduled Email to authorities or someone who could be informed about your CTB if you are concerned about your corps.

If you've got absolutely no contacts with anyone it can take weeks until someone gets suspicious.

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
But I guess that after all, everybody has to die somewhere, someday, death is the most normal thing and it isn't like anything could matter to me once I'm finally dead, by that point I'll be at peace, existence won't be my concern, I certainly do envy those who no longer exist.

Rogue Proxy

Rogue Proxy

Enlightened
Sep 12, 2021
I agree that if euthanasia was more accessible and acceptable it would significantly reduce property damage, the costs of restoring the putrefied areas, and the trauma of bystanders stumbling onto dead bodies.

Personally, I'm not bothered by being discovered for weeks or months postmortem. In fact, the long time period would be advantageous to me. First, I strongly prefer dying alone in peace. Second, the long time period of not being found increases my chances of successfully dying. I also share @Enemargarita187 's sentiments about humans dealing with the consequences of criminalizing suicide, not making euthanasia more accessible, and overall being negligent of their own kind.

For anyone who wants to reduce the damage caused by their decaying remains and won't be found for weeks or months, there can be some steps to take. If you are planning on CBTing in a closed room, you can remove certain items and/or furniture from that room. If it's a wider area like a living room, perhaps moving the objects further away from your body could help.

If you're planning on dying in bed or on a couch, heavy duty tarps can prevent corpse fluids from leaking through. The tarps can be placed over bed frames and underneath the mattress, cover the couch with the couch cushions on top of the tarp, or just placed underneath a simple mattress or futon. Along with the tarp covering the bed frame or floor, you can also encase the mattress in a plastic mattress storage bag or a plastic mattress cover. For couch cushions, placing each cushion in a large, heavy duty garbage bag could serve as an alternative to mattress covers and storage bags.

If you're concerned about the property manager and have extra money, you can buy extra bedding to replace ruined bedding. If you are writing or updating your will and estate planning documents and want leave money for repairs, you can designate your residual money to help cover property damage. Maybe leave some phone numbers or brochures to biohazard/corpse cleaning services.

Last edited:
B

bessops1976

Feb 1, 2023
This bothers me too, the way round it is to write a delayed email to someone, anyone, who will arrange for services to come take me away. I've thought a lot about this issue as I fear being left for days on end without discovery. Being left rotting in my own home is a distressing thought