Accept or decline

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LunarPyotr

LunarPyotr

Похорони меня возле МКАДа
Jul 4, 2020
Let's just say that I may or may not experienced this and may or may not think about this offer.

Imagine you chill at the backyard of the company where you work at, that company is just paying people a joke about of money and someone comes to you and start talking to you. Then you meet that person some day at the supermarket, then at some other places and one day that person comes up to you, as you're about to get into your car and makes you a offer.
Tell him all the company's secrets, do a bit of spying and get paid a very high amount of money (more than you would earn at this company in the next 3 years) and get a protection against the company's lawyers.
Would you accept the deal or decline it?

MidnightDream

MidnightDream

Warlock
Sep 5, 2022
I wouldn't, personally. I don't think I'd trust that random person, and if it seems too good to be true it probably is.

L

lionetta12

Just a random person
Aug 5, 2022
Let's just say that I may or may not experienced this and may or may not think about this offer.

Imagine you chill at the backyard of the company where you work at, that company is just paying people a joke about of money and someone comes to you and start talking to you. Then you meet that person some day at the supermarket, then at some other places and one day that person comes up to you, as you're about to get into your car and makes you a offer.
Tell him all the company's secrets, do a bit of spying and get paid a very high amount of money (more than you would earn at this company in the next 3 years) and get a protection against the company's lawyers.
Would you accept the deal or decline it?
All the companies I worked for were unethical so I don't know. I often thought about exposing their practices on an anon blog or something.

F

Forever Sleep

Earned it we have...
May 4, 2022
I mean- I admire whistleblowers- if a company is acting in a way that threatens public safety eg. Theranos or utterly exploits people- then yes- I admire people for coming forward. Still- that's for principles mainly- not money.

If they are just your run of the mill corporate bastard company- I'd be more careful. You may (rightly) hate your employer but they have a lot more power than you. When it's some random stranger that offers you money to dish the dirt- I expect they have very little interest in defending you if your company decides to take legal action against you. I'm assuming they likely can as well if you have signed non disclosure agreements in your contract. Still- I really don't know. I personally wouldn't do it without getting legal advice first though.