LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Damn virus. Had some travel plans. Quit my job (gave 2 weeks notice) and was planning stuff and then this shit just escalated within the 2 weeks right after I quit. Damn.

I guess it is some consolation that pretty much EVERYBODY is in the same boat, but still...this sucks. And I've heard that flights/travelling can be restricted for up to 8 months!?! Fuck! I REALLY felt I needed to do this trip. Go someplace else for a while. Maybe forever. Leave these shitty people/experiences behind. Stupid family. Cowardly "friends." Stupid dead-end jobs. Stupid flakey soulmate. But NOPE! There was something I really wanted to do away too. Something I could have done that might have actually been fulfilling. Certainly more filling than what I can get here. But NOPE! Goddamn.

Anybody else's plans got screwed?

Attachments

• maxresdefault2.jpg
    maxresdefault2.jpg
    139.2 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: MsPotts, Ulisses, Darkhaven and 6 others
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
I was planning something similar. Lucky for me i haven't lost as much as you. But all this almost forces me back to where i swore myself i don't want to go back to.

• Hugs
Reactions: LuzurPhagget and Blu_1
Nem

Nem

Drs suck mega ass!
Sep 3, 2018
Yep plans got fucked up, lost money on said plans too
Peace/hugs

• Hugs
Reactions: hatelife, LuzurPhagget and Blu_1
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
I was planning something similar. Lucky for me i haven't lost as much as you. But all this almost forces me back to where i swore myself i don't want to go back to.

Aw no, I didn't lose that much. It's just annoying is all. You make a plan and finally find comfort in going along with it...and then shit like this happens and you're just wondering wtf to do. It just feels like I have to ALWAYS compromise or find some bullshit silverlining or corn kernel in shit etc. Why can't things JUST be good. Just sometimes. Nobody looks for silver linings in an inherently good, pleasurable thing. They just ENJOY it. Damn, feels like I'm perpetually out of sync with this life.

But anyway, this IS a global pandemic and everyone else is more or less in the same boat, so eh.
Yep plans got fucked up, lost money on said plans too
Peace/hugs

Oh shit. Yeah, I'm burning through my savings. Savings I originally thought I'd never get around to using since I'd be dead! Ha! But yo, our government is launching this emergency EI program thing (CERB). People screwed over can get up 2000/month!

Last edited:
Reactions: hatelife
Myforevercharlie

Myforevercharlie

Global Mod
Feb 13, 2020
Aw no, I didn't lose that much. It's just annoying is all. You make a plan and finally find comfort in going along with it...and then shit like this happens and you're just wondering wtf to do. It just feels like I have to ALWAYS compromise or find some bullshit silverlining or corn kernel in shit etc. Why can't things JUST be good. Just sometimes. Nobody looks for silver linings in an inherently good, pleasurable thing. They just ENJOY it. Damn, feels like I'm perpetually out of sync with this life.

But anyway, this IS a global pandemic and everyone else is more or less in the same boat, so eh.

Believe me... I know how you feel. I just can't go back to where i was, but i can't move forward either. Im stuck and really not sure what to do. I even considered walking, there are lots of places in Europe were you can cross a border. But i didn't want to do this all alone. I have a lot to consider. I really hope you can make your trip very soon :hug:

• Hugs
Reactions: Ulisses and LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Believe me... I know how you feel. I just can't go back to where i was, but i can't move forward either. Im stuck and really not sure what to do. I even considered walking, there are lots of places in Europe were you can cross a border. But i didn't want to do this all alone. I have a lot to consider. I really hope you can make your trip very soon :hug:

Oi, be careful about crossing borders. You can probably get in A LOT of trouble doing stuff like that now. That's the LAST thing people like us need right now; frickin legal problems.

And huh. How come this was moved to the suicide forum from recovery??? Was it THAT pessimistic? lol

Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
Gotta have university classes via internet, which makes it harder for me to concentrate.
What's worse is that my mother decided to bring in my grandparents and her mentally disabled sister and now we have 3 vulnerable and attention needy people over at the appartment and we're stuck with them now for as long as the quarantine lasts.
Of course this would, in any scenerario, trigger some bad reactions from my part: My bedroom is now almost always locked so i won't have them storming in to bother me with their attention seeking needs. I also take meals at later hours so i can avoid them.
It's not pretty but it must be done in order for me to keep some space and mental sanity, old people can be absolutely intolerable.

Last edited:
  • Hugs
Reactions: LuzurPhagget
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Well, try to be as kind and compassionate as you can. But yeah, oldies CAN be a handful! (I'm old and sick! Our generation was the best and always will be! etc). I mean, I'm just ranting here, but they got to live THEIR lives. Wtf do they have to be so goddamned cranky?!? Just smile, share your non-biased wisdom about their good times in life or STFU! lol

Crushed_Innocence

Crushed_Innocence

Hungry Ghost
Oct 16, 2019
Yes my CTB plans! This is a shitty time to ctb. Hospitals & funeral homes are overrun, Social distancing means no funeral. Can't complete "bucket list" items due to corona-shutdown & social distancing. Roommate is now home all the time working from home... started dating new guy in hopes of not having to die. HE ENDED UP CATCHING CORONA THE DAY BEFORE OUR 5TH DATE and I've only heard from him once since..

I feel like it will be a shitty move to ctb during a pandemic.... but Im certain I can't wait till this entire thing blows over.

• Hugs
U

Ulisses

Arcanist
Feb 21, 2020
my plans were closed. I travel away from the family to do my ctb in peace, but I cut the relationship with my son, "friends", but this shit virus is delaying my plans and making me anxious. without hope for the future, then ctb can save me.

• Hugs
LuzurPhagget

LuzurPhagget

Experienced
Sep 15, 2019
Yes my CTB plans! This is a shitty time to ctb. Hospitals & funeral homes are overrun, Social distancing means no funeral. Can't complete "bucket list" items due to corona-shutdown & social distancing. Roommate is now home all the time working from home... started dating new guy in hopes of not having to die. HE ENDED UP CATCHING CORONA THE DAY BEFORE OUR 5TH DATE and I've only heard from him once since..

I feel like it will be a shitty move to ctb during a pandemic.... but Im certain I can't wait till this entire thing blows over.

Wow, that's pretty considerate to NOT do it during this time. And wow, 5th date! Good for you. Never made it past the 0th date! And sorry to hear. Hopefully he'll recover.

• Love
Reactions: Crushed_Innocence
applegreenicecream

applegreenicecream

We're not in wonderland anymore, Alice.
Mar 22, 2020
Gotta have university classes via internet, which makes it harder for me to concentrate.
What's worse is that my mother decided to bring in my grandparents and her mentally disabled sister and now we have 3 vulnerable and attention needy people over at the appartment and we're stuck with them now for as long as the quarantine lasts.
Of course this would, in any scenerario, trigger some bad reactions from my part: My bedroom is now almost always locked so i won't have them storming in to bother me with their attention seeking needs. I also take meals at later hours so i can avoid them.
It's not pretty but it must be done in order for me to keep some space and mental sanity, old people can be absolutely intolerable.
how are they attention seeking? We need details.

departing

departing

Enlightened
Jul 5, 2019
It looks like you're doing the best you can do to artificially create some space. That's probably the best you can do for the moment.

Reactions: Darkhaven
Darkhaven

Darkhaven

All i have left is memories
May 19, 2019
It looks like you're doing the best you can do to artificially create some space. That's probably the best you can do for the moment.
Being alone is my best recovering tool. If i get deprived of it my mental health will suffer. It´s as simple as that.
how are they attention seeking? We need details.
Not hard to figure out.
Old people tend to seek attention and people they can talk to.
Old timer´s loneliness and isolation is a serious problem in countries with an old population, as in most western european countries.
I can manage a few days of giving more of my attention to my grandparents, but 2 weeks (so far) is too much... It´s tiresome and they suck too much time out of you. Unsustainable in the short term.

Last edited:
F

Final Escape

I’ve been here too long
Jul 8, 2018
Time to shave my head, who do I have to impress? :pfff: It's very tempting right now. But I will look like a cancer patient.

• Hugs
Reactions: LuzurPhagget and Darkhaven
LONE WOLF.

LONE WOLF.

PUNISHER.
Nov 4, 2020
Time to shave my head, who do I have to impress? :pfff: It's very tempting right now. But I will look like a cancer patient.
Nah you won't, l"ve been running a set of clippers over my nut for the past 35 years,saved a fortune in haircuts! :-)