Nightwillalwayswin

Nightwillalwayswin

May 3, 2020
Those of you who work, please tell me how you get through the day?

I have a stressful job as it is but I really am struggling to cope with the crushing lowness I feel and even just do the minimum. I don't even want to speak to anyone, I feel sick when I get calls and emails. It's all just crumbling

Please tell me how you push your pain away just enough to get through the working day.

• Hugs
Reactions: WornOutLife and Lostandlooking
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
I used to have a soul crushing job. I would think about:
- the monetary compensation.
- time left till you can leave for the day/weekend/holidays.
- where you would be if you weren't doing this job.

Also just generally try to detach from it all, like you say just do the minimum expected and get through it.

• Hugs
Reactions: Nightwillalwayswin and Lostandlooking
Nightwillalwayswin

Nightwillalwayswin

May 3, 2020
Unfortunately, I have one of those jobs that are just "ongoing" where I don't have a time when I clock out or know that I'm off and I do work at the weekends. Basically I just need to kill myself LOL.

• Hugs
Reactions: Deleted member 22624
signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
Unfortunately, I have one of those jobs that are just "ongoing" where I don't have a time when I clock out or know that I'm off and I do work at the weekends. Basically I just need to kill myself LOL.
Sounds dire. If it really is down to your job or your life, then I'd say quit the goddamn job, see where life takes you.

Reactions: Nightwillalwayswin
Nightwillalwayswin

Nightwillalwayswin

May 3, 2020
The problem isn't even the job, I would enjoy it if I felt better, it's a great job, but it's demanding. And because I feel so low and just want to cry in bed all day I struggle to meet the high demands.

Sherri

Sherri

Archangel
Sep 28, 2020
I put a mask on when I am at work. A happy face mask, that I take it off when I leave work. Like you I also have a job I have to smile all the time. So I know what you mean. It's not easy sometimes. A big hug.

• Love
Reactions: Nightwillalwayswin
Nymph

Nymph

he/him
Jul 15, 2020
I don't go to work because I'm still a student but I have the same struggle.
Not a good coping mechanism but I would go to the bathroom and selfharm. I'd also just randomly stab myself with pencils during the lessons:pfff: or take benzos and stuff, I really need some good coping mechanism jeez

signifying nothing

signifying nothing

-
Sep 13, 2020
The problem isn't even the job, I would enjoy it if I felt better, it's a great job, but it's demanding. And because I feel so low and just want to cry in bed all day I struggle to meet the high demands.
Could you ask about reducing your hours somehow? Tell them you're trying to get a better work/life balance or something like that?

Or is it an all or nothing job - if so then you will have to make a choice, or risk reaching breaking point and then you might not be able to control what happens.

W

WornOutLife

マット
Mar 22, 2020
I'm an English teacher and I decide how many hours I work a week so, it's not that hard. (Well, it was some months ago, when I had become a NEET).
How do I cope with it? Well, my first reason is...THE MONEY! I really need it! I don't wanna go back and live with my parents again. I want to live alone until my "final" day.
Also, when I'm in a lesson, I'm really positive and forget about my ctb thoughts. After all, my students are not guilty for having a suicidal teacher.

To sum up, I could never work in an office full-time job. I tried to find solutions and teaching is one of them! You can even teach whatever language you want online and work only for a few hours!

Anyway, hope things get better.

Send you love and hugs

W

WaitingForTheBusInTh

Student
Nov 18, 2020
Mostly the same as other replies here, primarily money. I do usually get an hour or three before the store closes where I'm by myself and I just go on vocal rants and mini cries (cant let customers see you cry after all) and by the time I get in my car I'm too tired and numb to cry and i just go home miserable. I've always been a "high functioning" person with depression so I'm not fully sure how to explain it. Somehow I kind of shove everything aside, but that makes the flood that much worse when the gates open up.
Also I know if I show how I'm feeling my boss will just tell me to "put it on a shelf" again.