L

Lolkillme

Apr 10, 2021
Any advice on how to convince loved ones that my death is a good thing? I've tried using the "if an animal is wounded bad enough, you put it out of it's misery" analogy but it doesn't seem to really work. Personally I think it's selfish of them to want me to stick around if I'm hurting for years and it won't stop. I don't want to be here. But they want me here. So here I am.

• Hugs
Reactions: Foreversad, blue_muse and hʚll
motel rooms

motel rooms

Survivor of incest. Gay. Please don't PM me.
Apr 13, 2021
Disregard their opinions if your pain is too much for you to bear

Reactions: Deleted_9cKnXB34QG, AsToldByNish, fly away and 3 others
L

Lolkillme

Apr 10, 2021
Disregard their opinions if your pain is too much for you to bear
I get that, but I don't want them to hurt either. That's the only reason why I haven't done it. If I can make them understand, then they wouldn't feel bad, and I would be able to leave guilt free.

• Hugs
Reactions: Brave_heart and hʚll
Dear Agony

Dear Agony

The Void
Jan 24, 2020
I'm having the same problem. I can't approach the subject to my mom without her crying and hinting suicide too. I believe everyone else would move on, but my mom wouldn't.
The best "tip" I can give you is to try and explain the dimension of your suffering. If they know how much you were suffering, they might start seeing your death as a good thing for you. Make no mistake though, suicide will always be considered a tragedy to most people no matter what. And I kind of understand, because it's a death that *could* be prevented, 85% of suicidal people usually drop hints or act different prior to taking their own lives. It's also awful to find out someone you loved was going through so much pain, but I believe if you can make an analogy comparing mental illness (if you have any) to physical illnesses, and how they shouldn't be viewed so differently, that might make it *less* horrible.
Any advice on how to convince loved ones that my death is a good thing? I've tried using the "if an animal is wounded bad enough, you put it out of it's misery" analogy but it doesn't seem to really work. Personally I think it's selfish of them to want me to stick around if I'm hurting for years and it won't stop. I don't want to be here. But they want me here. So here I am.
Also, I forgot. It's unlikely they will just say yes, you can CTB no problem. I've been trying to convince my mom of my death for 5 years.
The best case scenario would be writing a letter and explaining things.

Reactions: demuic
Life_and_Death

Life_and_Death

Do what's best for you 🕯️ Sometimes I'm stressed
Jul 1, 2020
i talk to them about my problems. let them understand how much its hurting me. and i plan on my note being a story of 'this is what happened' and 'this is what im going through'.

im not going to lie, its hurting them to know and they feel helpless. but at least when i do die, they will understand which is better than not and answers a lot of questions that typically goes unanswered.

motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Make no mistake though, suicide will always be considered a tragedy to most people no matter what.

It's unlikely they will just say yes, you can CTB no problem.
I agree

Reactions: Dear Agony and demuic
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Once youre dead nothing matters anymore

Everybody gonna die eventually

FuneralCry

FuneralCry

Just wanting some peace
Sep 24, 2020
Personally, I would never talk to loved ones about it. In this society there is stigma towards suicide and a lack of acceptance towards people choosing to end their lives. People have an natural instinct to save others and for me if people knew they would do everything to try and stop me. It would get in the way of actually ctb. It is selfish for others to expect you to stay alive just for them, when you are suffering I agree. I plan to write a note and that is it honestly, as that will get them to understand why I chose this option and that I am now in a better place.

• Hugs
Reactions: blue_muse and demuic
motel rooms

motel rooms

Apr 13, 2021
Oh honey, we love you, we love you so much that we're prepared to guilt you into staying alive for us no matter how many times you beg us to understand that you're already dead inside & don't want to suffer in vain anymore...

• Aww..
Reactions: Foreversad, SuicidalAgain and Brave_heart
Efilismislife

Efilismislife

Psychopath family tortured me
May 25, 2021
Breeding is selfish enough. The child doesnt have obligation to stay only because of the parents order.

The only thing keeping the children to stay is only if theyre happy/have attachment to live this life

No children chose to be born thus its their right to choose to stay or leave the next second
Oh honey, we love you, we love you so much that we're prepared to guilt you into staying alive for us no matter how many times you beg us to understand that you're already dead inside & don't want to suffer in vain anymore...
Convincing people isnt necessary.
People have their own life and they survive just fine for years even when you havent even existed. So guilt trip is nonsense.

If you still have attachment to people and things in this life that means youre not ready to leave it all behind.

Last edited:
Reactions: The Lonely
blue_muse

blue_muse

Mage
Jan 31, 2021
You could try finding a TV documentary or a film that has suicide themes. Just tell a white lie that a friend recommended you watch either one, then gauge your loved ones' reactions afterwards.

The Lonely

The Lonely

Arcanist
Jan 26, 2021
I don't think anyone should tell parents about it… its not sort of best parenting "practices", sort of..

Oh, but actually I saw a couple of videos on YouTube where parents were supporting their kids into this … Is that what you meant? I will add here videos below

I got Jealous about this folks because of their parents support…
Just won't give any SPOILER about how their stories ended up).

Last edited: